June 15th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Rihanna
By Faith

Rihanna was spotted heading out for the night in NYC, on her way to Jay-Z’s 40/40 Club. She looked every bit the punk in a $60 Marc Hundley x Opening Ceremony “And If The People Stare” t-shirt deconstructed by Breeze by KD, a $126 Mark Fast Reptile Mesh Bra Top, a pair of $213 J Brand 811 Mid Rise Skinny Tulum Jeans, and $250 Forfex x OC No Kill Iron Toe Cap Flight Sneakers:

She kept her makeup fresh and threw on her favorite chain link choker.

Her sold-out graphic tee features the quote “And if the people stare, then the people stare”, a tribute to The Smiths’ song “Hand in Glove”, with the band’s name on the back of the t-shirt. Rih Rih took her shirt to Breeze by KD, who made it even more unique.

Her bandeau bikini top boasts skinny shoulder straps and snake-effect cutouts.

Her jeans feature a mid-rise, skinny legs, and ripped knee.

Her high-top nylon sneakers are a collaboration with Italian designer Gio Forbice and boast steel toes, velcro patches, zipper closures down the heels, and 1″ rubber platforms.

I love this! Maybe Rihanna had some help from the people at Opening Ceremony, but this look makes sense and harks back to last year when she first released “Talk That Talk” and was channeling punk. I’m also a huge fan of The Smiths so perhaps I am bit biased.

What do you think? Hot! or Hmm…?

20 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm… Rihanna’s 40/40 Club Marc Hundley x Opening Ceremony “And If The People…” T-Shirt, Mark Fast Reptile Mesh Bra Top, J Brand 811 Mid Rise Skinny Tulum Jeans, and Forfex x OC No Kill Iron Toe Cap Flight Sneakers”

1. My Response says:

No ma’am. I like what she did with the t-shirt but the outfit is awful and those have to be the ugliest shoes i’ve ever seen. Her feet are huge too.

2. moi says:

I will always defend your style coz it’s daring. But this is what people to hit the supermarket not a party. I guess it’s time to ‘Talk That Talk’ with your stylist.

3. llehsal says:

Nah. From the ankle up i like. Not on them boots

4. Taj says:

Don’t like the outfit but she is a pretty woman.

5. Jaida says:

The choker wasn’t needed and the top could’ve been cut up a different way. I’m not crazy about the sneakers either. They look like clown shoes.

6. DivaFabulosa says:

I’m not a fan of the shoes, but she makes it work. I like the outfit on her. I wish the shirt want sold out, I would buy it.

7. Hells no! What’s up with those Homey the Clown shoes? Homey don’t play that!

8. My Response says:

lol @ sun.kissed of 8ty4 Vintage

9. taffie says:

What a hot mess!!!

10. LaTasha says:

I love the shirt but the shoes….not so much.

11. Diva says:

not a winning look and those shoes are hideous.

12. Izhause says:

Rhi Rhi looks good here,nice club wear.

13. metoo247 says:

Her feet are toooooo big for flat shoes. All her tennis end up looking like clown shoes. Sneaks only look good on size 8 and below. And size 8 is a stretch.

14. wallflower says:

Lol @ homey don’t play dat!

15. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

It was so cute…until those clown shoes. I don’t like Italian sneakers, period.

16. soon2Bmrs says:

Ummm……I couldn’t rock it. But it seems to work, for her.

17. D says:

@ sun.kissed of 8ty4 Vintage is killing me!

18. Yellow says:

OMFG….DIS GURL CAN’T BE SERIOUS RITE NOW?!! I LIKE HER… I SWEAR, BUT DIS IZ CRZII. WTF IS RONG WIFF YU RITE NOW?! C’MON NOW UR 2 CUTE FA ALL DIS CRZII!

19. hayilabc says:

Rihanna’s looks are starting to come across ass trying too hard to look like she didn’t try hard and it’s not quite working. Effortlessness fashion is an art and she sometimes misses the mark…it’s unfortunate. I DETEST those shoes. I like her but my like for her will not make me ignore her terrible styling like many people tend to do.

20. JEN says:

Hi Clair

Do you know where Riri’s friend, Mel, copped her skirt? I searched Forever 21 but no luck to find any similars. Is it possible for you to do a post on any similar finds i.e. with the slits? I’m trying to recreate the style for my birthday.

I’d appreciate it very much. Thanks!