June 14th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
This Week in Chic…Kanye West, Corinne Bailey Rae, Rita Ora, and More!
By Faith

Thursday has rolled around again and maybe it’s just me, but it seems as if it took forever to get here!

It was really all about casual style this week, with only a handful of red carpet events taking place. Everyone kept it relatively chill, with a few pops of color for good measure.

Check out some of this week’s hottest looks:

I haven’t seen a man wear so much leather since the 80′s, but Kanye West sure does love some leather pants! He was spotted in a pair in Manchester: naturally in all-black. Though simple, his ensemble is tailored to perfection and I must admit: he looks good!

Corinne Bailey Rae is back on the scene for a bit and she was spotted at The Friars Club and Friars Foundation’s Event Honoring Tom Cruise in New York City. She wore an asymmetric copper and pink dress from Sophie Theallet which she paired with black sandals. I love this dress, especially on her skin tone, but the shoes are a hmm…a strappy gold pair would have rounded out this look nicely.

Over at the Vevo Lift Concert held at the Gramercy Theatre in New York City, Rita Ora paired a colorful sequin embroidered jacket and matching $7,069 Sequin Skirt from Roberto Cavalli’s Spring 2012 collection with some kind of red cup t-shirt and $795 Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Studded Sneakers. Sigh. Many compare Rita to Rihanna, but I like her in her own right. Unfortunately, she cannot seem to get a total look together lately. Cavalli? Hot. This tee and sneakers with the look? Not.

Eva Longoria kept it simple while strolling through Nice Airport. She paired a yellow blazer with a white tank, white skinnies, and Encanta Sandals by guess who? Brian Atwood. Hot!

While out and about in Hollywood, Evan Ross looked pretty cool in a distressed leather jacket and black leather high-top sneakers. I like it! You think he gets style advice from his big sister? I know I would…

Eva Mendes opted for prints while making a Starbucks run in Studio City, California. Chic!

At the Women in Film Crystal and Lucy Awards, Jamie Chung wore her favorite black ankle-strap sandals with a $159 For Love and Lemons Matinee Dress. I’m a fan of Jamie’s style, but I needed more here: some statement jewelry would have been great!

Viola Davis was also in attendance at the Women in Film Crystal and Lucy Awards, in a black strapless dress from Max Mara and $775 Jimmy Choo Ontario Sandals. She looks great, no? All this look needed to be perfect was a different color lipstick: the dark shade with the all-black ensemble isn’t befitting of the season!

In LA, Jessica Alba looked summery in pink loafers, denim, and a $159 Lovers + Friends Lovebirds Kimono. Cute!

Mommy-to-be Kourtney Kardashian kept it simple at the San Diego Zoo in a J.Crew fedora, t-strap sandals, and an Otis & Maclain Bardot High/Low Dress. Work Kourtney! Loving her maternity style of late, though it will be over shortly as she is said to give birth around the end of this month.

Last, but not least is Dionne Bromfield who stole the show at the 2012 Scottish Fashion Awards in Glasgow in a dress from Holly Fulton’s Spring 2012 collection. I don’t think the bows on her pumps were necessary (a plain red pair would have been amazing), but she looks fab nonetheless.

That’s all folks! Which look impressed you this week?

19 Responses to “This Week in Chic…Kanye West, Corinne Bailey Rae, Rita Ora, and More!”

1. antibeauty says:

i wish kanye and rita ora would HOOK UP dat they would look crazy together lol but on that not rita oras stYle is the effin best!! but sorry hunny ur not better then the one and only RIHRIH!!

2. Jackie says:

Honestly, I liked everyone. Although, I do agree that Viola could have added some color. (But she still looked very beautiful) I must say that both Eva’s and Jessica looked exceptional, imo :)

3. Anna says:

I love Eva Longoria’s look: so chic, summery, elegant.
    This Rita Ora annoys the heck out me. In DMX’s word, I don’t like her hair,her eyebrows, make-up, style , facial expressions, everything.
    Kourtney looks pregnant chic.
    And Eva Mendes never ever wear nice shoes in her candid pics.

4. Anna says:

*heck out of me

5. LaTasha says:

I have to say I loved Kanye’s look. He loves those black leather pants. I pray he’s not wearing the same leather pants everytime we see him..LOL. Rita Ora. I don’t know. She has a funny look to me. I’m not quite feeling her. Kourtney looks fab preggers and I thought Viola looked so beautiful.

6. I love Rita’s look this time around, it’s flawless. The tee looks nice under the jacket and the sneakers give this otherwise dressy ensemble a relaxed look. She get two thumbs up from me. Corinne is looking a bit crazy in the face, isn’t she? Jessica, Kourtney and Dionne look great. Somebody hand Viola some moisturizer.

7. Jihan says:

Wait Faith… no comment at all on CBR’s weeeiiiirrrrrrrrdddd makeup?

8. ngozi says:

whats the brand of Kourtney’s t-strap sandals seen it alot on the Karadashians

9. Jennifer says:

Eva & Dionne rocked this week!

10. FashionOne says:

Eva Longoria has my vote…so fly…Hot!

11. Lola A. says:

I am sorry but….no to all the looks

12. Reeseecup23 says:

Eva’s stylist, whoever it is, always gets it right! She does “effortless chic” like no other!!! On another note, is Eva the spokesmodel for Brian Atwood? I swear every shoe she wears is Brian Atwood!! Kanye look hot btw

13. Katie says:

” Unfortunately, she cannot seem to get a total look together lately. Cavalli? Hot.” <— She has seldom got it right. In fact, I can count how many times on one hand.

14. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

I think Eva Longoria fronted Brian Atwood the bulk of the money for his first collection out of design school. He’s known her and America Ferrara for a awhile.

15. Eva Longoria looks great in the yellow blazer with white jeans. This look is so summer chic. Every prengant women should look as good as Kourtney K.

16. Lauren says:

I’m loving Eva Longoria’s look!

17. Marthe says:

I love that jacket of Rita Ora, but the rest is not doing it. My faves this week were Kanye (he doesn’t do wrong in my eyes), Eva Longoria and Jamie Chung. Jamie Chung let’s her beauty come out even more in that simple outfit. Simple can sometimes really be the best.

18. Bajan Candy says:

Everyone looks pretty good; but yo what is with Eva Mendes and them dang shoes. They’re gross and she’s been wearing them for years.

19. SLIMB says:

Ok lets point out the fact that Rita Ora once agains looks a mess, maybe if she wouldve dropped the skirt and shoes idk, she just cant seem to get it right. Kanye looks sharp, Jessica always looks comfy and cute. Kourtney looks absolutely FAB preg. & Dionne is beautiful- very different and unique not feeling the shoe choice thou