June 13th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping

I’m a huge fan of Helmut Lang, and it seems Evelyn Lozada loves the brand of well…!
The new author rocked a full Helmut Lang look to sign her new book, “The Wives Association: Inner Circle” at Barnes and Noble in the Bronx, slipping on a $575 Cutaway Jacket and matching $350 Drawstring Pants, along with Christian Louboutin platform pumps:

The crepe cropped pant and jacket combo comes in gray as well as white:

Evelyn’s jacket is sold out, but her pants are still on sale at Barney’s! Get the look in gray or white here:

I love the combo, but would have worn the jacket open. She looks a little stuffed into it, no?

What do you think of her look? And will you be buying her book?

20120613-163724.jpg

*As we reported here, Lala wore a pair of the pants, though her pockets look as if they have a blue-ish tone:

I was going to do a Who Wore it Better, but the pants look slightly different on La, no?

*Lala has also worn the same jacket in white with Rag & Bone jeans:

Everyone loves Lang now…

36 Responses to “Splurge: Evelyn Lozada’s Inner Circle Book Signing Helmut Lang Cutaway Jacket and Drawstring Pants”

1. Nikki says:

She looks different…

I prefer the version in white but the beige version is cute, too.

How she gonna write a book about being a wife…the real wives laugh at her. But whatever child!!!

2. Faith says:

Agreed, she should have worn the jacket open. Her style is improving!

3. Indigo says:

I missed her signing in the BX!! dang… Anyways… Is this book fiction? lol Because umm…

4. t-fal says:

Yes to the fit, but agreed, she’s too busty to wear that jacket closed. No to the book.

5. Mrs Windy city says:

Agreed. Jacket open… personally I would have worn the jacket alone.

6. Kitana says:

The outfit is great as a suit in white. When worn together in gray it looks drab to me. I wouldn’t wear the gray suit together, I’d have to do it as separates. Evelyn there are other high end shoe designers besides CL.

Lalas version is terrible….

7. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Its just ill-fitting all-around, and the shoes don’t go. I don’t like this outfit, Helmut Lang or not, a FUBU tracksuit is a FUBU tracksuit.

8. hey yall says:

I still can’t get down with her messy self…#ugh..oh and the outfit is cute tho..it would look so much better on someone else…

9. Dionne says:

Im with @stickynsweet im not feeling that sweat suit even if it is helmut lang :-/

10. NYC Chick says:

Not cute on her. Poorly styled and not right for her body type

11. itsjustme says:

@ kitana, yeah, what you said!! :-)

12. Hellno says:

NOOOO to the book for sure. For what?!

13. hypnotic says:

Wow can’t believe I am saying this but LaLa looked better in both items. The pants are way too tight on Ev’s calves, which makes them look like harem pants.

14. T1K says:

Now a days every and anybody can write a book ugh *rolls eyes* she looks dreadful, and as Claire said stuffed in that suit.. please leave it up to the model to wear the suit.

15. yusufswifee says:

hard to go wrong with this HL – love it on evelyn…what next a hair change…all for it.

16. yusufswifee says:

now I have to google this book. All I want to know is what they are saying it is supposed to be about. I just can not…

17. Diva says:

Jacket : I would have worn it open as well…. she doesn’t nail it sadly

18. Rebecca says:

I wouldn’t wear both pieces together…

19. Anna says:

It would have looked perfect on Rihanna. It was poorly styled on her, but this is what happens when all you wear is bodycon dresses+maxi dresses.

20. Anna says:

And she needs to “bully” the dentist who gave her those big unrealistic teeth and get a refund! Just saying…

21. Meeeeshelle says:

she looks like she went shoe shopping in sweats….i dont understand the outfit…i also think it was meant to be worn more loosely…she looks stuffed in that jacket….

22. JUMELLE says:

I don’t like this on her- The jacket looks like its pulling in the chest area- and I would’ve liked to see her hair styled differently- an updo perhaps-the color washes her out-

next.

23. Sheek says:

A book? Chile please, and let me guess..it will be on the NY Times Best Sellers list like Toya’s and ERRRRRbody else book!

LLS I just can’t!

24. Jampress says:

Hmm..this is iffy…well at least she’s versatile..umlike Emily B…As for the book..Chile pleaseeee….

25. No ma’am, this is not a good look at all. The fit is off, the color is bad. Just no! The white version seems like it looks much better, at least on the model.

26. Tessa B says:

I do like the white better, and she def should have left that jacket open

27. AzizMom says:

Evelyn is very clever with the book title – The Wife Association – this implies she is “associated” as a wife, though never truly being a wife. Not even to Ochocinco yet or if that even goes down. Interesting. The outfit does ZERO for her frame.

28. Stylishly Yours says:

On the runway it looks good. On Evelyn it looks like a tracksuit

29. laurafashionablyblessed says:

i feel like shes too obsessed with being j.lo for sure…her shoe game thing should definitely be called red bottom game..while shes at it maybe she can call herself the red bottom boss too…lol…..im so sick of unfashionably educated people thinking they need to wear red bottoms#go sit down somewhere lol

30. Kiki says:

The jacket is cute, but I would only wear it open. I have to agree, Ev does look a bit “stuffed” into the jacket. La looks like she can breath a little better. The pants- not my style. The book? Meh- I’ll pass.

31. Katie says:

I would never purchase that anti-black woman troll’s book. And she looks a hot mess.

32. Jazzy says:

I love the pants on LaLa!! I am not a huge fan of the outfit on Evelyn!! Idk what it is about the way she is wearing it…It does nothing for her body.

33. addikted2fashion says:

Your first book is released and THAT is what you show up in? A glorified tracksuit & pumps? Hmmmm…

And we’re just not gonna mention her Superman costume abs? Oh ok.

34. Nakia P says:

me no likey, and too funny about getting the book

35. baby-b says:

evelyne looks terrible. Her stylist has to get her vision checked cause this is probably the most ill fitting outfit I’ve ever seen in my life.

36. Mr Guy says:

I wouldn’t buy book, but hey at least the look shows promise on her