June 13th, 2012
Bags, Fashion News, Shopping
Bag Lust: Marc Jacobs Resort 2013
By Faith

Marc Jacobs is often inspired by art and even collaborates with world-renowned artists, most often for his work with Louis Vuitton. For his own Resort 2013 collection, the influence stems from artist Cindy Sherman’s Clown Series: simultaneously avant-garde, bold, and admittedly a bit frightening. Naturally, Marc wants his customers to shop and not be scared away, thus he only extracted the elements from clowns that were digestible: fun prints, vibrant colors, and interesting textures. His bag collection for the season reads equal parts children’s coloring book and luxury design with colorblocking and python.

MJ combines functionality and fun by juxtaposing leather with eye-catching prints including metallic polka dots and stripes. He also lends a funhouse quality to the bags with zip pouches that feature attached smaller zip pouches, making you do a double take for a cool optical illusion.

For the lady who likes to keep it simple, there are of course zip-front totes that are pared-down except for their electric hues.

Last, but not least are some of the most luxurious bags in the collection: tri-tone in color, boasting python, leather, and perforated panels.

Marc Jacobs always pushes the boundaries of fashion and I love this bag collection! His namesake line is always quite the splurge, but these designs are sure to add some much needed life to your wardrobe for the season and for many years to come. I’m excited to see how the bold pieces are worn by fashionistas the world over.

The collection retails for $475 – $2,495. Visit www.modaoperandi.com to pre-order now and www.marcjacobs.com to shop the brand’s latest collection.

What do you think? Any pieces you love?

Posted In
9 comments

9 Responses to “Bag Lust: Marc Jacobs Resort 2013”

1. laura says:

i’m an avid Marc Jacobs fan, (The stam bag in min, little and regular sizes are my favorite in my collection), but i have to say, i’m not loving any of these bags….i know color blocking is huge, but these bags don’t look like they would work past 1 season. the overall design is not impressive.

2. Nifeycah Khan says:

blah

3. dyshaun says:

Maybe a clutch or two…the yellows are really fresh but this pales next to the MK collection for me.

4. Marthe says:

I like the snakeskin bags, but I don’t see these bags as bags you can wear for more than 2 years coming. And please explain to me, mister Jacobs, why would you have CLOWNS as an inspiration for clothes/bags for ADULT women?? I cannot understand these extremely childlish influences in fashion for women.

5. Toni says:

Nothing grabs me here and not sure they would work after two seasons !

6. Diva says:

some of them are very nice !

7. WendyB says:

I don’t understand the idea of things not working for more than two seasons? It works as long as you like it. I have lots of bags that were very definitely “of their time,” and I’m using them 10 years later and people admire them even more…at this point they’re practically vintage! Why do I care what the magazines are selling at this particular moment?

8. babyB says:

uuuuummmmmmm………NO, not really feeling these so much!