June 12th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Rihanna, Shopping

Rihanna continued her increasingly shocking yet hmm worthy outfit choices most recently in Soho, where the songstress paired what appears to be a $56 Topshop Pleated Dip Hem Skirt with an $18 American Apparel Stretch Floral Lace Ruched Front Tube Bra:

She completed her casual ensemble with a gray zip sweatshirt, Céline nano bag, Karen Walker Super Duper Strength sunglasses, and Converse high top sneakers.
Her slightly see through lace bandeau top comes in various colors, including red, green, pink, cream, and navy.

Her pleated dip hem skirt comes equipped with a filmy under layer for increased movement. I have it in pink!

I think this outfit could have been saved with a flat sandal and a more tailored blazer.

What do you think? If you can work with it, get a few pieces here:

Images: FameFlynet.com/American Apparel/Topshop

34 Responses to “Steal: Rihanna’s Soho Stroll American Apparel Nude Stretch Floral Lace Ruched Front Tube Bra and Topshop Pleated Dip Hem Skirt”

1. NYC Chick says:

Not cute. The individual pieces are OK but she looks washed out and random.

2. Chel-C says:

I LOVE Melissa’s polka dot maxi outfit.

3. I love the skirt.

4. CA says:

She looks a hot mess…when I saw these pics on instagram, I thought she was going to bed, not out in public. lol

5. AzizMom says:

Aww Rih-Rih, something else for attention? Just because you can shouldn’t mean you should.

6. Crystal says:

People complain about leggings as pants but I think bandeau bra’s as tops are 100x worse.

7. Dyanna says:

The Chucks, that sweatshirt & those horrible long yellow nails? Wrong, wrong, wrong. I love Rihanna but I’m not feeling this at all. Looks like a ‘walk of shame’/’the morning after’ throw together.

8. chrissy says:

She looks beyond washed up, like seriously. A street walker on her off hours.

9. She could have done something different with those pieces…

10. makeeasweet says:

i like this relax look,just not the sneakers.

11. The SavSter says:

I personally think it’s cute. She looks relaxed and comfortable, which is how any normal person should feel when out and about in NYC. Also, she’s on trend with the bandeau or “Bra top” and the asymmetrical skirt. Adorable.

12. No ma’am. She looks dingy and cold. I agree that a blazer and a nicer shoe could have helped.

That Bandeau is not from Topshop it is from American Apparel. It is called the “Stretch Floral Lace Ruched Front Tube Bra”

14. k says:

she looks like a street walker doing the walk of shame the morning after.

15. hayilabc says:

she looks DRAGGED! this outfit is not cute at all and she has the body for it but this does not look put together or appropriate.

16. moi says:

someone has kindly added some decency to these outfits by blurring her nipples which were well on full display when I saw the pics on the internet this morning. Rihanna, you are not flat-chested anymore. You are a fully-blossomed 24 year old woman. cover them boobies.

17. Dee says:

Not sure how to feel on this one :(

18. Monica says:

19. Claire says:

@Anonymous thanks! I updated. I could’ve searched, but for some reason assumed she’d be wearing all Topshop. And @Moi Yep, I blurred out her nipples. Mainly because I think this site should be generally be PG-13 (with some exceptions, like art, some editorials). And if my nipples were out, I’d want someone to blur ‘em out for me;0)

20. Tammy says:

Sighs, Rih.

21. Emily says:

@ Moi: Rihanna is kinda flat-chested but that does not excuse her going out with her nipples on full display. I now know she doesn’t have a good entourage (Melissa shame on you!!!), they wouldn’t let her go out like that. She is a worldwide super star not some street walker. I’m disappointed in her and I now believe something is wrong with her these days.

22. Joan says:

The girl is taking a well deserved break from all that hectic touring last year. She said she just wants to rest this year, which includes partying, chilling, vacations and spending quality time with her family and friends. Now……trolls you can take a seat, lol

23. My Response says:

why the does she insist on flashing her tits. Omg, stop being so desperate and trashy. The outfit is a fail. Skirt is nice though.

24. Tammy says:

^ I don’t think it’s trolling, it’s honest opinions. Understand it’s her year off but still

25. Crystal says:

What is the weather in NYC? She is 1/2 naked and the other lady has on a leather jacket.

26. binks says:

I guess that Rihanna reign finally let up…sighs…

27. jayjay says:

some man said please, cover yourself and loaned her his stuff. smh if you didn’t know that’s rihanna you’d think she’s a crack head.. she coulda redeemed it with a cropped bolero jacket and cute flats

28. Diva says:

the sneakers didn’t ruin the outfit….. that awful oufit stands in the land of failure all alone …. smh

29. KazzleDazz says:

Why is everyone hating on this look. maybe it wouldn’t work for many but it definitely works for Rih! it’s very casual yet rebellious. She dresses for her album image and she is very consistent with who she is supposed to be for the moment. LOVE this look, nipples and all. Very “Talk That Talk” Rihanna

30. KazzleDazz says:

Not everyone is basic like the mainstream world. there are others that think outside the box. What kind of world would the fashion world be if we all looked the same? this proves that not everyone has that eye. keep on keepin it safe ya’ll and let the fashion risk takers slay the game!

31. Izhause says:

I love Rhi Rhi but she’s looks like she’s on a weekend furlough from a psych ward but heh maybe i don’t have a grip on fashion lol.

32. @paparazzi_promo says:

cosign ! @kazzledazz

33. Jaida says:

I don’t really see anything terribly wrong with the look except the fact that she forgot to wear pasties. SMH Other than that, it’s cute and girly and laid back. She’s been carrying the heck out of that Céline bag lately.

34. LeashLeash says:

I’m sorry, this is bad. Although I’m not fond of the outfit, I don’t think the actual outfit style itself is the problem. I know that she’s just being casual like all normal people. I’m sure the sweatshirt is for warmth and the shoes are for comfort. My problem with this outfit is that it’s distasteful and unflattering on her. There’s a time & place for you to dress like that but here, it’s too much (more like too little) even for Rihanna. Celebrity or not she’s basically half naked on the streets. It doesn’t show as much in this picture but if you look at others, her bandeau top is pretty see-through and you can clearly see her nipples (especially in broad daylight). It makes me wonder how many children she flashed.. -_-” If she tweaked her outfit just a bit it could be cute because the skirt is nice. She could do her pretty face and figure a lot more justice without having to expose her goods. In general, I’m not really a huge fan of how fashion is getting so much more racy that its becoming the norm. I see females walking around in my school’s college cafeteria during lunch with see-through leggings, completely see-through lace tops putting their bras on full display, and church/career wear that looks like it could double as a club outfit. I guess that’s what’s cute now?