June 11th, 2012
Angela Simmons, Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
By Faith

Happy Monday! While I was out at brunch and eating some crawfish this weekend, celebrities were busy doing what they do best: being seen.

No two looks were the same from red carpet-ready dresses to the most casual of maxis. The gents also made a small splash across the pond in London.

20120611-124422.jpg
Let’s get into the looks!

Mary J Blige is gearing up for the release of her new film Rock of Ages with tons of promotion. She hit the London Premiere of the film in a black and leather dress with sheer and mesh panels from Catherine Malandrino’s Fall 2012 collection, which she paired with $780 Barbara Bui Snakeskin sandals. This was one of my favorite collections for the Fall season and we all know that Mary and Catherine are bffs! She definitely looks hot here.

At the Summertime Ball in London, Rita Ora definitely looked ready for the season in an ice cream cone and sandwich print Happy Ashley Dress. She threw on her favorite Jordans and loads of gold jewelry. Oh Rita…Jordans are hot, but they do not go with every look! She could have scrapped them for some Converse or another pair of sneakers and the ensemble would have been finished properly.

You know our First Lady Michelle Obama lives to colorblock and she wore a green tank and pink pencil skirt while meeting with campaign volunteers in Virginia. Flawless!

Usher was also spotted at the Summertime Ball in London. He’s such a cutie isn’t he?

Jada Pinkett Smith just keeps giving us hot looks and she wore another at the Mandarin Hotel in New York City. She paired ankle-strap sandals with a strapless white tiered dress. Work Jada!

Along with MJB, British actor and recording artist Lucien Laviscount also attended the London Premiere of Rock of Ages. He hasn’t become popular in the States yet, but with his good looks and cool style, I think that’s pretty much inevitable.

At OK! Magazine’s Sexy Singles Party in Hollywood, Angela Simmons paired a hot pink one-shoulder ruffle dress with metallic booties. I am loving her new hair, but this look is a hmm…both pieces are statement-making on their own. Simple black sandals would have been best.

Eva Marcille was also spotted at the Sexy Singles Party in a black bustier, black and white colorblock pants, and simple black pumps. She could have left the belt at home and then this ensemble would have been fab!

Azealia Banks made an appearance the SiriusXM Studios in NYC. She looked girly in a pussybow blouse, flare skirt, and brogues. Cute! I would love to see her cut some layers in her hair: it is so heavy and not at all flattering.

Over in Brooklyn, Adrienne Bailon hosted the Brooklyn Public Library’s Summer Reading Kickoff Series in a blue double-collar dress and two of her favorite accessories: her Christian Louboutin Python Slingbacks and her Louis Vuitton Vernis Alma GM Bag. I haven’t seen her look this beautiful in quite sometime.

Audra McDonald went bold in a one-shoulder gown from Emilio Sosa at the 66th Annual Tony Awards. Hot!

Up and coming singer Emeli Sandé looked cool at Live with Kelly! in a sheer striped blouse, zipper-detailed pencil skirt, and platform oxfords. I like the way she mixed masculinity and femininity here.

Casual was the look for Eva Mendes in Toronto. She uplifted suede boots and a cardigan with coral pants.

At the RED Rush Games Party in Hollywood, Jamie Chung looked cute in a $162 Lovers and Friends Lust Dress. Definitely adding this to my must-have list for the Summer and her loose waves and red lip complement her neutral dress in a great way.

Kim Kardashian practically lives in the airport and she kept it neutral (you’re not surprised right?) in LAX Airport. Still drooling over her Balmain boots. I must admit: I’m liking the edge that Kim’s style has adopted of late.

At the Fuse Studios in NYC, Nelly Furtado was spotted in showstopping hoops, a varsity jacket, denim, and a pair of $160 Ash Thelma Canvas Wedge Sneakers. Cute no?

Tyra Banks indulged in some retail therapy on Melrose Place in a black and blue strapless maxi. She looks good!

Last, but not least was Jennifer Freeman who looked darling in a $99 Zara Frill Waist Dress at the 9th Annual Inspiration Awards in Beverly Hills. Jennifer loves herself from Zara, but who can blame her?

Who had your favorite looks this week?
~Faith

23 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm….: Mary J. Blige, Rita Ora, First Lady Michelle Obama, and More!”

1. hehe says:

Eva Marcille looks great. The belt help brings the outfit together.

2. Monica says:

Eva’s skin though… i need her secrets.

3. Crystal says:

Eva! I don’t remember anybody else…

4. Dom says:

I agree, Eva needed a belt. Maybe a different color would have helped.

Jada takes it for me this week. She looks gorgeous.

Adrienne looks good b/c she’s finally wearing clothes! She doesnt need to be naked to look greak. She can pull off a classy/refined look like nobodys business!

5. Adrienne and the First Lady look good. Rita Ora would have looked darling had she put on a sandal. I want her to burn those Jordans if she doesn’t know when and when not to wear them. Eva Mendez looks nice. No one else is giving me what I need.

6. momoMONEY says:

Lucien Laviscount kind of looks like Drake but Adrienne looks great and I also love Angela’s hair.

7. Jihan says:

Yay! Azealia Banks looks so pretty! *continues to Jam to 1991 EP nonstop*

8. SLIMB says:

Mary & her dress is fab.
    Rita Ora …BLAH!
    Michelle looks great as usual.
    Usher – HOT
    Lucien never dissapoints me w. his fine ass. lol
    Angela, Eva,Adrienne, Audra EvaMendes, tyra & jennifer looks cute.
    The rest ehhh not so much

9. Bella says:

Where can you buy Rita’s dress from

10. mary says:

I CANT BELIEVE ADRIENNE BAILON LOOKS…..WELL….CLASSY. breaking news lol. and that a NO for rita ora and a HELL NO for angela simmons

11. hayilabc says:

I wish Rita Ora would stop doing Jordans w/ outfits. I am a sneaker fan myself but I also have a better gauge on what is appropriate so I don’t wear them that often. I’m also not one to comment on things that are NOT part of the outfit but…Azelia Banks needs some bangs or something because that hair is distracting. Only people ‘Killing it’ are: Kim K, both Eva’s, Mrs. Obama and Mary sans those shoes. Adrienne looks cute too but I feel like all of those pieces don’t mesh well.

Praise God – Adrienne kept it simple for once (no overload of accessories) and wore clothes that covers her! It really lets her natural beauty shine.
    She and FLOTUS are my faves for effortless classy looks. Love it!

13. zimbabwechic says:

Rita Ora is so not it. She always looks like she is missing one thing and that one thing is a bath.
    I love Emeli Sande, her music is absolutely amazing, like the look here.
    Eva Marcille nee Pigford, needs to stop going to the Kim Kardashian school of ridiculously obvious contouring. You nose doesn’t look any smaller nor your cheeks higher you look like you had a fight with a bag of flour and lost!

14. laurafashionablyblessed says:

nelly furtado needs a new stylist and some sleep/and or botox.

15. taffie says:

Azealia tried but she still failed!

16. Naynay says:

Whooooa Nelly! #fail
    Everyone else looks good.

17. Rebecca says:

Azealia almost looke nice… Almost.. She looks nice from the neck down.

Kim always looks amazing!

Jennifer is gorgeous

I love EMILE!! I hope she goes far

18. yusufswifee says:

Nelly’s awesome earrings are by Rachel Stewart….

19. Ice says:

Eva’s chill, Kim’s on the go and Adrienne’s pretty preppy. Love Love Love.

20. NYC Chick says:

Both Evas, Adrienne, Kim K, and Jennifer Freeman all look great!

21. Marthe says:

Kim! I hate it that I love such a woman, who exposes herself to the max, but gooood she’s always so beautiful!

22. Alexis says:

Emile has given me inspiration for an outfit in that striped shirt!!

23. Tammy says: