June 7th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
By Faith

Happy Thursday all! The weekend is almost upon us and I cannot wait for it to get here!

The big deal event this week was Chanel’s The Little Black Jacket Event, which all my favorite stylish stars attended. You know people must bring their A-game in the presence of Monsieur Lagerfeld! Of course, a bunch of other celebrities were seen out and about.

Let’s get into this week’s looks!

Lisa Bonet and Zoe Kravitz  were in attendance at Chanel’s The Little Black Jacket Event. We all know Chanel’s signature colors are black and white, so that is what the stylish mother and daughter pair opted for. Lisa is always boho chic, but this ensemble ages her: she has an amazing figure and I need her to show it off more! Loving Zoe’s new ‘do: I haven’t seen her this polished in quite sometime.

A stylish, high-fashion event wouldn’t be complete without Pharrell’s presence and he showed up in his beloved BBC Stencil Washed Denim and his Chanel combat boots. Even though he practically repeated the same look in less than a month (and we all know Pharrell has racks on racks on racks of clothes), I can’t help it: I love this man!

Joan Smalls went glam in a nude semi-sheer gown with floral embroidery. Hot! You might recognize this dress because Rita Ora rocked it in Cannes. I’ve ventured back a few seasons in the Chanel archives and couldn’t find it, but regardless of the designer, it’s a great dress!

Theophilus London dressed down for the event in a Syracuse hat, Harley Davidson tee, denim, and velvet slippers. I’m a big fan of his style, but this look is just…..crazy.

I always like Hannah Bronfman’s looks and she kept it simple in a black tuxedo dress and a great pair of purple sandals. Chic!

The man of the night looked pretty fabulous in his black and white suit. Hey Karl!

Any fashion-minded person knows that Carine Roitfeld and Karl Lagerfeld are great friends and she kept it pared down in navy and black.

Last, but not least was Fabiola Beracasa who brought some color to the party. Her printed dress and ankle-wrap sandals are cute! She has great maternity style.

I’m surprised that Genevieve Jones wasn’t at the Chanel event, but she looked great heading to the Boom Boom Room in New York City for the 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards Afterparty. I am not a huge fan of mixing brown and black, but Ms. Jones did it well here.

The Kardashian sisters stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live! in Hollywood. Kim wore a long-sleeve leather dress paired with lace peep-toe pumps from Christian Louboutin. I know you guys are hoping Kim wears some color, but how you can dislike a look like this? I think it’s fab!

Khloe also opted for all-black in a turtleneck dress and those coveted Christian Louboutin Lady Daf Python Mary Jane Pumps. I do like both looks from the sisters, but isn’t it hot in Hollywood?

Jordin Sparks stole the show at the 2012 CMT Awards in Nashville. She wore a coral chiffon gown from Kevan Hall. She looks absolutely gorgeous!

Christina Milian kept it simple at the Colgate Optic White Beauty Bar in LA. I didn’t recognize her at first!  I like her pared down makeup and hair, though I just wish she would have chosen a different pair of shoes: entirely too heavy for such an easy dress.

Eva Mendes stepped out with her boo Ryan Gosling, after attending his mom’s graduation in Canada. I would have loved a more polished hairstyle on Eva here, but they’re a hot couple no?

Fergie was spotted in New York City in a draped jacket, printed dress, and metallic pumps. Her two-tone Birkin = to die for!

Our First Lady Michelle Obama looked fab in D.C., while talking to the Associated Press about her new novel, American Grown. A perfect look for Spring and Summer!

Freida Pinto kept it casual while attending a Lana Del Rey concert with a friend in LA. After all of her showstopping Cannes looks, it’s nice to see her dressed down.

More couples… Halle Berry and her fiancé Olivier Martinez took a stroll through the streets of NYC. Another good looking pair! I’m going to need Halle to change her hair though…

Kerry Washington was also in New York City, making an appearance at MTV Studios. Her printed dress is great!

Va-va voom! Sanaa Lathan looked hot at the 2012 Drama Desk Awards. A more simple sandal would have been best here but her hair and makeup are giving me life!

That’s all folks! Who had your favorite looks this week?
~Faith
Images: Splash/WENN/Getty/PacificCoastNewsOnline

21 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Chanel’s The Little Black Jacket Event, Genevieve Jones, Kerry Washington, and More!”

1. MEME says:

Draya looks BASIC!!!!

2. The celebs are giving me so much shoe love! Pink, purple, green and gold! Lisa and Zoe almost look like twins, good to see them out together. I love their shoes, but why are the Kardashians in head to toe black??? Kerry Washington is lookin’ good and redeeming herself from the other day.

3. Dobe says:

Whatever Lisa’s doing, I need to be doing the same! She looks just as young as Zoe… love it!
    Fabiola looks great! And Sanaa is saucy!

Fave looks by far are Zoe, FLOTUS, and Kerry. Yes!!!

5. Zakiyyah says:

Lisa Bonnet it SLAYING women half her age.

6. Bronze says:

I am Lisa’s BIGGEST FAN!!!! Does she have a tumbler cause ole girl is bangin.

7. Bronze says:

Didn’t scroll down all the way: The 1st lady and Kerri Washington are the epitome of fresh and clean.

8. The best is Sanaa Lathan…the hair and makeup is on point. Also I like the laid back vibe of mother/daughter duo Lisa and Zoe–cute!

9. Angel says:

If the kardashians are in the same place why does Khloe get questioned about her turtleneck dress when Kim is in a long sleeve leather dress. Seems to me Khloe is getting way more ventilation. Shade? Either way they both look delightful.

10. LIV says:

lol i agree meme

11. whatevs says:

Lisa Bonet can do no wrong…that is all…

12. makeeasweet says:

okay seriously what so great about pharrell’s fashion?.he still wearing that same tired ass urban skater boy look.i like halle berry hair.

13. Dion says:

Sanaa Lathan LAWD YES!

14. Nakia P says:

Sanaa :)

15. love says:

Lol Halle said her hair is for a role. Before I knew that I was side eyeing as well.

16. ShoeWonk says:

I really wish Kerry would stop dressing like a senator’s wife. She is too beautiful to dress like a suburban socialite.

17. D says:

Kerry looks beautiful and Zoe finally took a bath (PTL!) gigging at the Pharrell “skater boy” comment by Makeasweet (thought it was just me!) and thank goodness someone explained Halle’s hair (although lord knows what it’s going to look like in that movie!)

18. jUICElOVE says:

everyone looks great with exception for christina milian as usual…and ryan gosling is scrumptious

19. SLIMB says:

Not really impressed w. anyone in this post … Karl Lagerfeld is killing tho heyy karl ! Wonder how thats leather feels in this weather kim… OK jordin is wearing that dress & Sanaa looks gorgeous as usual.

@MEME lol i dnt think theres a draya in this post.

20. bwizzie says:

i luv d kardashian sister’s look. gorgeous outfits

21. NYC Chick says:

Nice to see Freida on here…love her. Kerry and Genevieve look nice, albeit a tad dull. Everything else is quite mediocre. I actually like Khloe here but not Kim. Dress is unflattering. Tight necklines don’t look good on women with big bust. Can end up looking like one big droopy uniboob (hence I never wear them). Plus its just too much black leather. It drowns her.