June 6th, 2012
Fashion News, Solange Knowles
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Solange Knowles: she’s just like us! Fashion’s favorite DJ told Fashionista, “I probably should not have eaten two bags of barbecue chips before I got in” the paillette-covered Marni dress she wore to Monday’s CFDA awards. “…Nothing I can do about that now. We actually got here a little early and I was in the car and I so hungry! So we stopped.” Can Solange please not make us love her more than we already do? It’s getting ridiculous now!  (Fashionista)

• Now you can customize your Minx nails through a template on their website. Just upload the picture or pattern you wish to apply, and it will ship to the nearest Minx salon to be applied by a professional. (Global Grind)

•The now former Miss Pennsylvania Sheena Monnin took to Facebook yesterday to announce she would be leaving the Miss Universe Organization because the Miss USA Pageant was rigged. Today the folks at Miss Universe are refuting her claims, saying Monnin sent an e-mail citing the inclusion of transgendered contestant Jenna Talackova in the Miss Universe competition as her reason for leaving. Said the Miss Universe Organization: “In an email to state pageant organizers, she cited the Miss Universe Organization’s policy regarding transgendered contestants, implemented two months ago, as the reason for her resignation. Today she has changed her story by publicly making false accusations claiming that the pageant was fixed, however the contestant she privately sourced as her reference has vehemently refuted her most recent claim. We are disappointed that she would attempt to steal the spotlight from Olivia Culpo of Rhode Island on her well-deserved Miss USA win.”  Donald Trump, who owns the Miss USA franchise, said today that he will take legal action agianst Ms. Monnin for her lies. “Yeah, we’re gonna sue her,” he told Good Morning America.  (The Cut)

• Check out images from Emporio Armani’s Fall/Winter 2012 campaign.

Alexander Wang, Inc. is officially denying allegations raised by former factory workers Wenyu Lu and Flo Durante claiming they were subject to sweatshop-like conditions under Wang’s watch. The brand describes Lu and Durante as “two disgruntled former employees with axes to grind,” who are making “frivolous and entirely unsupportable accusations.” (Racked)

~ Jihan

15 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Guess What Solange Knowles Ate Before the CFDA Awards, Miss Pennsylvania Lies About ‘Rigged’ Miss USA Pageant, and Alexander Wang Officially Denies Sweatshop Allegations”

1. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

I like A. Wang, and I want to buy a dress of his on sale at The Outnet. I really hope these accusations are false. And how tight is that dress if two bags of chips makes it almost too tight to wear?

2. Marsha D says:

Ok Solange had me at the BBQ chips….but I would have fainted if she threw in some red Kool-aid….lol j/p

3. lola_uk says:

i may be in the minority here but i just CANT understand all this hype over solange. am i missing something?!

4. Dannielle says:

@lola_uk: No, you’re not missing anything. Solange dresses different and has some cute looks, but she is over hyped to me too. Hmm…oh wells

5. Tiffany says:

I agree @lola_uk and Dannielle, these posts on how much we can’t get over Solange, are in love with her, blah blah blah are getting a little ridiculous.

6. Bajan Candy says:

Solo looks pretty dope to me. You can tell she’s a “fashion” girl, I guess you either get it or you don’t.

7. makeeasweet says:

@lola_uk

glad im not the only one.i like the girl,but damn she is over hype.it started ever since she went natural.

8. liz says:

LOLA_UK
    I’m gonna need to locate you and give you a high 5!!! You are soooooooooooooooooooo right!!…I mean solange is pretty and stylish, but that’s where it ends. People make it seem like she’s a demi god or something…

9. Katie says:

@lola_uk OMG thank you, now I don’t feel so alone when it comes to Solange.

10. Crystal says:

Ha! Count me in the i-like-solange-but-people-are-taking-it-a-little-too-far crew. I do think she looks cute most of the time (hated her boho days though) but loving her for eating some chips? C’mon son.

11. Chic Noir says:

WOW at all the Solange comments! i was really expecting more people screaming ‘SOLO GIVES ME LIFE!!’ yes, the new and improved Solange is cool and quirky and stylish with her afro and ethnic prints – we love it and we get it because we are also “fashion”, but i totally agree with liz – some commenters sound like their ready to produce this lady’s second child for her! sheesh.

12. Shara says:

But if it was Beyonce would anyone say anything? *Just wondering*

13. Gemini says:

Me thinks Lola_uk is posting under various names. I like that Marni dress Solo is wearing.

14. Twerk says:

@Gemini
    Clearly not otherwise all the avatars would be the same. Solange is over hyped, did the fact that she ate BBQ chips really need to be reported, really?

15. Jihan says:

@Twerk: Yes, it did. Solange is a cool chick and I know the woman who did the interview, and I thought that was a cute sound byte. She was just at the CFDA’s chillin’ with her friend Jenna Lyons (of J.Crew), and she wasn’t even wearing any J. Crew! Besides, snacking before a big event sounds like something I do… all the time!

Basically, Solange is awesome, we love her, fashion loves her, and will continue to.