June 6th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Nicki Minaj

Nicki Minaj phoned in to Power 105.1′s Breakfast Club to talk Hot 97 Beef and her reasons for not performing at Summer Jam this year. For the occasion, the Starship singer donned a green wig accented by a rainbow splashed Jeremy Scott fur:

The funky fur first debuted on the designer’s Fall 2012 runway, and was modeled with a reflective ice blue mini skirt and bustier, along with a blue and blond wig:

It’s definitely for the bold! Nicki’s looks tend to make me go hmm…but I think the fur is hot! It’s definitely not a classic, but it’s a great piece and fits Nicki’s girly style.
What do you think?

Hear Nicki chat with Angela Yee, Charlemagne, and DJ Envy here:

*The main picture is, in fact, dated February 2012. Thanks Ms. Gz!

39 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Nicki Minaj’s Power 105.1 Breakfast Club Jeremy Scott Fall 2012 Rainbow Fur Jacket”

1. Jenny says:

She ruined summer jam, . People paid good money to go see her and the people she was going to bring out , like she needs to get over herself.If rosenberg want to talk smack let him. She looks retarded with that coat , it’s not even close to cold here in ny.

2. Fashionbum82 says:

I cant and I wont…

3. Shanita says:

I think this outfit corresponds with her music perfectly. That’s all.

4. Taj says:

It’s sad that this woman always looks like a clown.

5. Nifeycah Khan says:

CHILE PLZ GET RID OF THAT WIG!

6. Nikki says:

Over her!!!!

7. Tessa B says:

I think the jacket is cute and complements her style…the wig is not hot at all though….is it wet? Because it looks really stringy…

8. Naija Vix says:

this mess looks stupid…lookin like Big Bird got jumped by the rainbow….

9. Nunyabizniz says:

I am so over Nicki, her music, her personas… ughhh! get gone please.

10. I love the fur jacket, in fact I’d like one for myself. But death to that wig!

11. jeda says:

those were my exact words even before i saw it “there’s no question, Nicki is always a hmm” lol

12. Mrs.Gz says:

Claire, this picture is not recent. This is from February when she went there to promote pink Friday’s release. That interview about hot97 was a phone interview.

13. December Sidderwhite says:

She looks like something off Seaseme Street.

14. Claire says:

@Mr. Gz Ok, my B. Still the first time the pic has been up on the blog so…carry on.

15. Shanon says:

if this jacket was paired with pieces way more toned down and on someone who is not attention hungry..then it would have been amazingly hott. But for now I agree with Naija Vix lol
    “big bird jumped by the rainbow”

-Shanon,

16. Deb says:

SMH!!!!!!!
    But can’t lie this jacket would look killer with a white T and some boyfriend or skinny jeans…right? or is it only me….lol

17. Kay says:

WWWOOWWW! Ya’ll are F*ckin HARSH!!!! Its ironic tho…as soon as thier is a void of a woman of color (whateva color that may be) representing in Hip Hop…women would cry and vent over the dumb, stupid shit that this male dominated genre of music is spitting out. But as soon as we get SOMEONE (Kim, Foxy, Eve, Lauryn, Missy and etc.) we judge? Kim was too sexy and “FAKE”, Eve was a stripper, Lauryn was “Crazy” and kept having kids with someone who wouldn’t marry her and Missy was “Fat”. Got Damn !! Give em a break! Nicki is very talented, she reprents the female experience and she is truly just doing her thing and for that much respect is deserved ;-) I know some SMART A$$ is gonna say: “Well everyone deserves the right to state thier own opinion”…TRUE….THE END

18. Siyam says:

The jacket is interesting and I agree : some skinnies and a white T might actually make the look work. That might also be because I like Jeremy Scott’s work :)

19. Sarah says:

@ kay, i think you are taking this far too seriously. I dont understand why you are getting so pressed over Ms Minaj is she family ?? It’s a fashion blog and Nicki 9 times out a 10 is a mess fashion wise. In fact the comments people hurl at fashion bombshell entrants are far more harsher. A bit of perspective people !!!!

20. DivaFabulosa says:

That jacket should have not made it past the runway!

21. jumelle says:

KRUSTY THE CLOWN COMES TO MIND! I’m not a fan of Nicki’s, but I don’t hate her- can’t knock her- she’s striking the iron while its hot-

but this is just plain ugly- I don’t care who would wear it- Hell if Solange wore it I wouldn’t like it,and she can do no wrong in my eyes!!!

22. EboniWright says:

I think it’s hot! LOL Claire got Mrs. G right together!

23. coupe_22 says:

lol @ carry on!! Yasss honey! dont like the coat especially with the hair

24. Mrs.Gz says:

@eboniwright actually she didn’t. The article has been edited since my comment so who got who together. Js

Ps my comment wasn’t any shade to Claire, but the original article made reference to nicki wearing that fur now when this pic is months old. It was winter when she wore it. If I didn’t say it, I’m sure a barb or ken would of came at Claire WAY differently than I did. I read Fb everyday so I know what the comments can get like. So let’s all
    carry on…

25. Can says:

Really? There is a question as to whether this is hot? She looks like a ghetto Rainbow Bright. Done with the theatrics that is Ms. Minaj…

26. lola_uk says:

wtf! Is there something wrong with her face?

27. Claire says:

Noone’s shading anybody (or at least I’m not)! I made an honest mistake, as her most recent convo with the Breakfast club was illustrated with the pic above on a few other gossip sites. I decided to keep it on the homepage bc this whole Hot 97 beef is a current event, yet added an addendum so pple would know the pic is archived (thx Ms. Gz!)

28. jmesa says:

OMG *Face palm*

29. Ej says:

This coat and all her get-ups are atrocious! Also, if we want to see fashion, I think Kourtney Kardashian dresses better than them all (Kardashians). She always looks cute and she always looks appropriate and fashionable for a pregnant woman. When she wasn’t preggo it was even better. There’s an overload of “typical Kim’ and she’s not even the best dressed IMO. Also, do the papz ever catch SJP out? I would love to see what she’s wearing all the time.

30. hypnotic says:

The coat reminds of some stuff MJB used to rock in the late ’90s. Anyone remember Nija Battle?

Love this fur.

31. havelyn says:

i think the jacket is hot, but she should have worn a different wig. this jacket calls for a more defined hair style, not an beach wave/ messy type style….and maybe a pink or purple, instead of a green color.

and while this particular interview was done recently, the pics are from another interview done with the breakfast club earlier this year, so that’s why she is wearing a coat.

32. Successful says:

I hate all of it …smh!

33. niecy says:

i hate that specific wig it looks like a mix between a wet mop and green straw

34. D says:

As far as talent goes she is amazing and she has done really well for herself. As a result, I think her camp needs to start thinking “upgrade” and next level. A few “homegirl”, “quirky girl” stars who have elevated their game, style and “Hollywood” status are Alicia Keyes, Mary J Blige, Gwen Stefani and Queen Latifah…remember how they used to look 10, 15 years ago- look at them now (and their movie, music, brand-making status)! Nicki is also moving into brands… so definitely time to raise the bar IMO.

35. Diva says:

I love the fur jacket on the model, but it looks cheap on Nicki…. everyone can’t wear everything.

36. MEME says:

Rosenberg told the absolute truth. Nicki is bitchmade for pulling out of the event, a real rapper would’ve went on stage and dissed him. Now and days if you don’t co-sign wackness, you will be accused of being disrespectful, a hater, or trying to “stop them from getting money”, laughable at best, it’s just an opinion, a very valid one at that, but still an opinion nonetheless.

Nicki has went from a girl from Queens to a walking caricacture, that’s the issue a lot of people have with her. This outfit looks clownish, she is about to turn 30, she looks like a fool.

37. Haviland Clarke says:

Where is she phoning in from? Alaska?