June 4th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Fashion, Hot or Hmm
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Monday, guys! I hope you all had great weekends! I’m away visiting Chicago, having a blast. This weekend MTV paid homage to those films the Academy is certain to overlook (yes, I mean Twilight: Breaking Dawn) at their 21st annual movie awards. Those celebrities who didn’t attend somehow managed to go on living.

Let’s get into it, shall we?

Ciara looked Hot! in a bright red frock from Balmain. That hair, however… gentleman might “prefer blondes,” but Ciara’s complexion certainly doesn’t. Her face is all kinds of washed out! Bring back the brown!

The video awards provided Janelle Monàe another opportunity to wear one of her several black and white suits. Hmm on this tired combination. Hot on the flawless makeup!

Amber Rose tried for (relative) modesty in this sheer embellished mint green frock, but instead achieved a level of frump we’re not used to seeing from her. This dress is cute, but all the frills and frou frou take away from her slammin’ bod. Hmm… Wiz Khalifa‘s stylist dressed him in an apropriately casual look.

Kat Graham shut the place down in this very sexy draped black gown. Hot!

Romeo Miller chose a clean, polished look for this occasion, while his sister Cymphonique confused the red carpet event with a suburban high school prom. Hmm on that dress!

Whoever this Lil’ Niquo fellow is, he would do well to surrender his awesome King Tut necklace to me! Hot!

Staying within the sartorial guidelines set up for her by a certain rapper boyfriend, Kim Kardashian attended Hard Rock Hotel’s “Hottest Party Rehab Sundays.”  Needless to say, this dress does nothing for her figure. Hmm…

Oh, Alexandra Burke. The singer performed at the G-A-Y Heaven nightclub in London in a bizzare spiked getup. Do I even need to say it? Hmm…

Tyra Banks was spotted out with a friend in a casual weekend look. Is it weird that I like her galloping horse top?

Maxwell looked positively strapping sipping champagne at the Veuve Cliquot Polo Classic.

Also in attendance were Zoe Saldana and her sister Cisely. Both ladies look Hot!, though I wish they’d worn something with a little more color.

Jessica Alba rocked this Narciso Rodriguez cutout bodycon dress to fête Mont Blanc Princes Grace of Monaco’s new jewelry collection. The dress is Hot! but the whole look is a little underwhelming.

Rihanna kept it comfortable, venturing out in a very expensive Jeremy Scott x Adidas nightgown and leopard print shoes, topping off her look with a Joyrich ‘cash flow’ cap.

And finally, Mel B squeezed into a teeny bikini to go sailing with husband Stephen Belafonte. Her body looks Hot!, but  it would be nice if she’d chosen a bikini top that actually fit.

Who had the hottest looks this weekend?

~Jihan

44 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: The 2012 MTV Movie Awards, Rihanna, Mel B, Tyra Banks, and More!”

1. brooklyn says:

i like mel b thicker her body looks crazyyyy

2. simplyj says:

what the hell is rihanna wearing? It seems like she just picks out her out fits in the dark. Amber looks like she is packing on “happy weight”.

3. Lyn says:

Where’s Tyra?

4. Lyn says:

But on another note, Rihanna style is so off on her casual days. It’s not aspiring, creative or “HOT” I feel like this whole grunge look needs to stop. It’s atrocious!!

Zoe looks good, and Maxwell … YUM.

5. Keesh says:

I just need Romeo to go up one size in his jacket… the extra shmedium is NOT working.

6. Savage says:

Tyra actually looks like a model finally..very stunning. And Mel B and that lipo job needs to stop!! Like she looks so wierd.

7. Mrs Windy City says:

Welcome to the Chi!!! Have fun

Zoe and Maxwell….YES! Simple but my fave looks by far :-)

9. Utibe A. says:

Maxwell is scrumptious. =)

Is Tyra’s friend wearing a fanny pack? Are those really coming back in? If so, I’ll pass… permanently. lol

Romeo has GROWN UP! Oh my gosh! He is a looker. But I agree about his suit. It’s looking awfully “young” on him.

I personally like the dress Amber Rose has on. It’s cute to me. I would have gone with a differnt color, but then again, that green would have been beautiful on my dark, chocolatey skin. ♥

10. Nope says:

Kat Graham always looks so extra at every occasion. She never looks modest or normal. If ‘over the top’ and ‘doing too much’ at every event is her thing, then great but she’s such a beautiful girl – it’s unnecessary.

11. Dion says:

I think Ciara looks great with lighter hair..it softens her face. When its darker its just to harsh..

12. Nikki says:

A very expensive nightgown is still a nightgown, Rihanna.

As for everyone else…cool

13. Emily says:

Kat is so pretty and it’s a shame she never ever gets it right. Her hair is always terrible, period.
    Kim’s face is starting to look like Adrienne Maloof from RHOBH, not a good look at all.
    Tyra looks really young here.

14. Crystal says:

Damn Rih…

15. Siyam says:

Casual is just that… Casual. If was touring, performing and constantly being photographed and whisked from place to place, I just might want to slip into jammies and say eff it. She is a celeb and knew what she signed up for, but since she’s human, I’m gonna cut her slack cause it be like that sometimes.

16. SLIMB says:

Love Janelle Monae, she looks comfortable but still cute.
    Lovee Amber Rose’s dress. She looks FAB!
    Kat looks cute… but it just seems like theres too much fabric for her body
    Romeo – HOT!!
    AlexanderBurke’s get up yeaa didnt need a review -_-
    Tyra looks fab as for her friend ehh
    Zoe – simple , cute , love it !
    Jessica straight to the point very cute.

I like Ciara with this hair, way better. Amber’s dress, i likey.

18. Jen says:

Ciara looks the best to me.

19. Shelly says:

I almost didn’t recognize Ciara X_X . I too would love for her to go back to a darker shade.

Amber Rose and Janelle Monae look the best.

20. Diva says:

Something is off on Mel B’s body between those cankles and that she looks like she is gonna topple over… why does Tyra’s whole outfit look really cheap ?…Rhi-rhi shame on you ! …Ciara looks a bit trashy she always tries too hard…. step out of the box Janelle… Kim wanted a spanx free night so she rocked a sack dress…. I like Amber’s dress but she needs to hit that treadmill— she is looking quite loose and jelly-like on those thighs…..Maxwell looks like he is on something.

21. Tessa B says:

I love Ciara’s hair actually….Kim K dress is horrible…Kat G. looks hot in the thigh-high split trend…Zoe and her sister are cute…love Amber’s dress…Romeo is a cutie…J. Monae looks cute and comfy…overall a pretty good wknd for celebs…

22. Dom says:

So over the celebs in black in the summertime. Lighten up.

Shocked to say Amber Rose looks best this week! And Kudos to Tyra on changing her hair. Its fab!

23. Jennelaine says:

*rolls eyes* It seems like theres a lot of effort put into the caption underneath each photo. I guess charisma is out of style…

Anyway, I really like Amber Rose’s ensemble and I think Jessica Alba looks very sophisticated. Great summer looks!

24. mary says:

i think KIMMY is lookin …well. pregnant. shes all bloated and the surgery on her face is lookin wacky. its not this dress something else is wrong. and mel B i agree with jihan this top should have been 4 sizes larger but her abs is lookin FABZ

25. Marthe says:

I like Maxwell’s outfit (that’s how i would style my man if i could!) . I love some things about Alexandra Burke’s outfit, like the shoes. And ofcourse (i’m sorry but i’m a big lover of her style) Kim K. she is so pretty when she smiles, even though i know everything must be made of plastic there. I find her very voluptuous-sexy-italian-lady-like with this beautiful dress.

26. Marthe says:

And before I forget, how can someone’s body look so CRAZY like Mel B’s? She really freaks me out!

27. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Mel B’s body..O_o…like, what is that?? She’s definitely toned in the right areas but her body looks like a body builder. The upper portion of her body does NOT go with her lower portion…It’s like a grown women’s body up top and a young girls on the bottom…

28. Raven says:

@SHAQ NICHOLE
    hahahaha exactly what I was thinking.

29. Maxwell and Zoe look effortlessly amazing.
    Mel Bs legs need a lil work.

30. Intern 1 says:

I am not here for Amber’s dress.

31. TheBlackBelle says:

Sooooo nobody gon say nothin bout that cellulite on Amber thighs? Yall was quick to go in on fbotd though! 0_o Anywho, LOVE Amber’s dress, hate the cottage cheese! Kim looks like a stumpy oompa loompa and Maxwell and Romeo look delish!

32. Lola A. says:

Mel be makes me feel bad that I just ate a big piece of cake :-(

33. Vick says:

Who cares if Mel b bathing suit is too small….she looks great

34. I like Amber’s minty look here, very cute.

35. Meh says:

Cymphonique?

36. Sydni says:

Tyra’s galloping horse shirt is by a brand called “We are Handsome” its actually a leotard/swimsuit. They have a lat of cool graphics on their pieces although they are a little but pricey for such simple items, ehh. you should feature them!

37. hayilabc says:

I normally don’t like to comment on body types but Mel B looks very odd shaped. It looks unnatural… I think what throws Rihanna’s outfit off SO much is that ugly, tacky a$$ hat. Everybody else looks good but I agree Kim K does have a very pregnant/bloated look to her; she looks weighed down.

38. Lyndon says:

Amber needs to skip on the cupcakes. She’s packing the weight in.

39. Pinky says:

Digging Amber’s look. i agreed w/ the other hmm’s

40. Liah says:

Maxwell and that beard it’s all kinds of right!
    That is the worst I’ve seen Kim K look in a while. I guess fit is everything.

41. shan says:

Rihanna can wear a trash bag and look hot to me..Mel B looks like an action figure and her breast are weapons of mass destruction!

Ciara’s dress dosen’t inspire and Kat G…GOD DAMNNNN!

True Queen

42. EboniWright says:

I can barely stand to see Kim’s face… It has been worked on too many timeq.

43. EboniWright says:

Times**

44. AshleyL says:

LOVE Amber’s look && I like kim’s as well, she looks like a little grecian goddess