June 4th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Spring Wardrobe, Trend
Try a Spring 2012 Trend: White Shoes

Though stlyistas have a love/hate relationship with white heels, the pristine stilettos are hot for Spring 2012!

Now suitable for engagements outside of church, white pumps and peep toes have been spied on Bomb celebrities like Rihanna, Selita Ebanks, Lala Anthony, Freida Pinto, and more.

Y’all know I’m a fan…!

Some say white shoes are tacky, but if you keep ‘em pristine, and rock ‘em right, they can be super chic!
If you’re willing to give it a go, get a few white hot options here:

What do you think? Will you be trying this trend?

Images: Zimbio

42 Responses to “Try a Spring 2012 Trend: White Shoes”

1. Bklyngrl28 says:

Thanks for this post! Top Shop has some hot shoes all of a sudden!

2. Caribbelle says:

I’ll pass, but I’m sure many of you can make it work!!

3. Nicole says:

cute claire!

4. Tristan J says:

I want to love the white shoe ‘trend’ but I cannot! I cringe when I see them worn, ugh. However I do think maybe my inner fashionista just needs time to grow up?

5. Aida says:

NOPE not her for white and probably never will

6. Sasha Nichole says:

unless i’m getting married i just can’t see myself wearing white shoes -and even then i would have to opt for Ivory. but kudos to those of you who can do it!

7. Blue Carter says:

Absolutely not. White shoes will always be tacky imo. All of those outfits above could have been worn with a different color shoe

8. Tia says:

I can’t do it…

9. Uknow says:

Love it! Close mindedness and fashion don’t mix, but then again we know the Fashion Bomb reader skews Emily B Basic…though I’m sure that if Emily B wore them, the sheep would follow.

10. Sharon says:

Ready for that white party!! Yup!

11. I still cant get with white shoes. just screams Minnie Mouse on Easter Sunday

12. Enigma says:

I love the Topshop pair and will be rocking them this summer

13. Kitty B. says:

Death to white shoes **raises fist**

14. Nope says:

I’m with the majority – I can’t get on board with white shoes. Freida’s shoes appear to be ivory which is a go for me but white shoes…I can’t. They scream 5 yr. old Easter Sunday. Sorry

15. Nikki says:

I think that white shoes are fine if worked properly. I will never wear them because they will be the color of mud by the end of their first week in my possession.

16. Shelly says:

Thank goodness for NUDE colored shoes, lol.

17. Tiara says:

I cant remember ever wearing white shoes unless theyre sneakers. I like to see them on woman, but for myself, never thought of buying

18. Diva says:

ugh.

19. Jersey says:

Hated it! white shoes reminds me of church and the usher board. To me they are an outfit killer unless you’re wearing all white.

20. yusufswifee says:

haha! Not on the sassquash feet…I bought one very naked strappy pair almost a decade ago and think I’ve only worn them in the….ehem…house:-)

21. jme says:

No matter how ‘chic’, all I can think of is ‘Pops’ from the Wayans Brothers when I see a pair……lol. I can’t.

22. Bajan Candy says:

Man if your legs aren’t brown you better not put on a white shoe…I’m looking at my “yellow” skinned sister’s here. That mess looks cray! I’m still not feeling them, they just look sooo out of place; and stark. Lord forbid if they aren’t pristine, goodness gray….

23. Dom says:

Wow, I must be fashion challenged b/c I didn’t know these were unfashionable. Why again?

Anywhoo, I bought a pair of white bow-toe pumps from Kurt Geiger months back. I’m over the moon that I can finally rock them and be seasonally appropriate. And yes, trust I will stunt on all your colored shoes! LOL

24. Tessa B says:

im trying to like the trend…the only pics I like above is the one with LALA in the jean dress w/Carmelo and SJP’s colorblocking outfit. I dont think this trend will last too long…

still not buying the white pump trend. and freida doesn’t count… hers are off white

26. dyshaun says:

@Uknow BOL!!! I think I love you! LOL!! So, so true!

27. I love the CL’s! Been eyeing those for months! White pumps are def and hit or miss, you’ve gotta know what you’re doing when buying white shoes. lol

28. Dyanna says:

For the life of me, I have NEVER been able to get into white pumps. They get dirty quickly and they make your feet look big no matter what size you wear. I feel like God invented nude & silver pumps for a reason… so you wouldn’t have to wear white ones lol.

29. Rae says:

white shoes ? bad look.

30. I like! Im tired of seeing nude platforms on every other person.

31. Wallflower says:

Love this trend, but I fear my feet are too big : (

32. Kiki says:

I love Sarah Jessica Parker’s look!

33. BlkRose says:

Sorry, white shoes remind of Sundays in the temple with my mother and grandmother. They will never be trendy. I own a few pair of white shoes for white parties and when I go to an event that calls for all white.

34. binks says:

Unless they are tennis shoes I say death to white shoes, it just looks tacky to me

35. bella says:

I’ll stick to nude shoes..I HATE white shoes.

36. Mocha says:

I wore a pair of white slingbacks when I graduated highschool and that was over 6 years ago.. I cringe everytime I think about those things ughh

37. Renita says:

White shoes are very touchy, you really have to rock them right. Claire is killin and serving in her photo!

38. Renita says:

P.S. I loooooooove Selita’s look. She got it down

39. Lea says:

Bravely I just ordered some, however I feel I’ll need to wear a sign saying “I am actually trendy, white shoes are in!”

40. hot legs says:

I have been trying to find the right pair of white shoes forever. i have always hatted these shoes but im thinking out the box this season and im ready to try something new. but the white bag and belt will still be in the ground six feet deep….