June 4th, 2012
Breaking into Fashion, Claire's Life, Fashion Bomb TV, New York, New York Shopping, Real Style
Fashion Bomb TV: How to Break into Fashion with Stylist Patricia Field

Happy Monday!
So last week, when I was invited to the grand re-opening of Patricia Field’s store at 306 Bowery, I knew I had to seize the opportunity and talk to the Sex and the City and Devil Wears Prada stylist about how to Break into Fashion!

Though Patricia was busy greeting guests and being a supremely gracious hostess, she did take some time to chat with us outside and offer a few nuggets of wisdom.
Check it out:

After our interview, I broke away to enjoy the bi-level store and take a few pictures of fashionable party goers:

As for my outfit…

… I kept it simple in a BCBG Christa Seamed Dress and peep toe leopard Christian Louboutin heels.
I added to the red theme with Ruby Woo lipstick and gold jewelry by Jaz Collection:

What did you think of Real Style, my Style, and our fun interview with Patricia Field?
If you’re in NYC, Patricia Field’s boutique is a must visit. Pop by the new space at 306 Bowery and get directions at www.patriciafield.com. Tell ‘em the Fashion Bomb sent ya!
Smootches!

26 Responses to “Fashion Bomb TV: How to Break into Fashion with Stylist Patricia Field”

claire! for such a funky event… why did you choose to go so simple…. can u take some more style risks?

2. Bajan Candy says:

Uh no Claire, you looked fine. Some of those people were really doing the most. I understand fashion being fun and taking risks BUT *rolls eyes* some of those folks needed to be set down!!!

3. Faith says:

GREAT interview, she’s such an icon!

4. DeAnna says:

I actually wanted to hear what she had to say, but all I heard was the music :(

5. PinkTownUSA says:

Claire,

We almost went to that. We had visited the store when they were still doing construction next door. Shucks. Anyway, let us know when you’re in town again.

Sam

6. Tessa B says:

I think the purpose of the event was to go over the top and “do the most”…that’s pretty cool that you had the opportunity to interview with such an icon of fashion…

7. Claire says:

@Anonymous My sculpted wig, spandex pants, and beaded bustier were in the cleaners that night (I kid). I’m conservative by nature, trying to break free!! It was one of my new year’s resolutions to shake things up.
    We’re at June, hopefully I still have hope for the rest of 2012.
    Stay tuned!
    PS Pat was a doll! Glad y’all like the video. At Pat said, “Hope it was worth something.”

8. HarlemVanity says:

Claire I love and really appreciate these how to break into fashion segments you feature. Patricia Fields and her work make me excited about the possibilities of being successful in styling.

9. Keesh says:

i love the ruby woo on you… although i’m freshly stocked, you make me want to go grab another tube. m.a.c. bet not EVAH discontinue this shade!

10. Crystal says:

I love these posts! Keep up the good work. Umm…Did she say anything about The Devil Wears Prada 2? I’ve heard rumors…

11. Deb says:

Clarie, I am laffn at your response. We share the same birthday (1/12) and I also have a twin! It seems to be engrained in us to be CONSERVATIVE! Andd…..when we do try to be more “risky” we tend to be uncomfortable! I am a few years older than you, and haven’t been able to step outta the box completely! If you should do, let me know how that goes!! LOL

12. Claire says:

@Deb Hey Heyyy BDay Twin! Capricorns rule!
    I will do my best to be fly, flashy, and funky next time I post an outfit on here! I’ll take it as a challenge. You know us Capricorns love those.
    Ok, back to blogging, xx!

13. Marthe says:

That boy with the girl with the blue hair. YUMYUMYUMMMM!

14. Brenda says:

Wear what you feel. I like seeing your conservative looks as well as your out of the comfort zone looks. I think you look great!

15. urbanMILF says:

I loved everything about this post, especially your look, Claire!

16. DivaFabulosa says:

Claire you look gorgeous as always. I’m conservative as well, nothing wrong with that. I do have my moments when I step outside the box. Great post!

17. Jihan says:

Pat Field seems like a hilarious, fun woman.

18. Miss Smith says:

MORE FASHION BOMB TV PLEASE!!! Love it!

19. That had to be the best interview ever! I loved when she just lit up that cigarette and kept it moving! love her!

20. Ms.Fierce says:

I’m so mad she lit her cigarette mid-interview! Yes Pat! Great interview, she really said some key things in there. Being a stylist is not a traditional career path, it takes work and entrepreneurship skills, and like most other creative fields, LOVE. Great vid!

21. KimikoL says:

I went to school with the girl with the rainbow top. We took fashion merchandising together.

22. Vlynn says:

Claire I appreciate your look and share the same taste. Everyone else was just SCARY. But hey we all do what we feel when it comes to fashion right? ………..*whispers* what was that thing with the Marie Antoinette wig? I’m afraid.

23. Nakia P says:

Claire you look pretty..um thats it :)

24. Deb says:

Claire, yep us Cappys do love a challenge! Then we go right back to our comfort zone. LOL But I will be watching “Wonder Twin” LOLOLOLOL Gone do your Thang for the both of us!!!

25. mak says:

was there an interview? i couldn’t hear anything but music…

26. LaShonya aynai.sy says:

Love it ! Patricia Fields is an orginal ,I wanted more ,great interview Claire!