May 29th, 2012
Fashion, Fashion News, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Rihanna dons an unfortunate wig in the promo shots for a new fragrance “Nude.”

Can we get into those roots? Quel horreur! (@MForde11)

• It turns out my suspicions may be correct. Kanye has allegedly been dressing his girlfriend Kim Kardashian as of late. A source told the Sun“Kanye says she plays it safe too much so has been trying to pick outfits for her to wear and encourage her to be more daring.” Apparently, the gentleman seems to think that wearing a women’s blouse and putting out two tepidly-received collections makes him an expert on womenswear. I thought Kim’s style was just fine! What do you think? (Daily Mail)

Stella McCartney opened her first Adidas by Stella McCartney store this weekend at London’s Brompton Cross area, right next to her mainline and kid’s stores. Visit the shop to find pieces from McCartney’s “Stella Gold” collection, active wear line, and replicas of the looks she created for Britain’s Olympic Team. (WWD)

• Here’s that crazy pyramid in which Kanye West debuted his film, ahem– *experience* “Cruel Summer.” Money might not be able to buy you a compelling storyline, but it can get you some cool toys to tell it with! I keed. Shade aside, the whole thing looks like a really cool way to watch a movie. (Styleite)

• Style blogger Susie Bubble shows you how Lady Gaga‘s Noritaka Tatehana heeless shoes get made.

~Jihan

11 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Rihanna Shoots Promos for New Fragrance, Stella McCartney Opens New Store, and See How Noritaka Tatehana’s Heeless Shoes Get Made”

1. Shanita says:

Welp, it’s good to know that bad-weave-syndrome doesn’t just happen in the hood! Those heeless shoes are cool—to look at. I canNOT wait to see THOSE hit the hood (knock-off season)

2. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

On one hand, I agree, Kim was slaying just fine on her own. On the other hand…Kanye had people eating out of Amber’s hands when they were together, so if anyone can play Pygmalion, it’s him. Its a mutually beneficial relationship, Kim needed an image overhaul and Kanye needed a muse to dress and drive insane.

3. endESQ says:

As to Kanye, this is not the first time we’ve heard about him styling his girlfriends. In my opinion, it’s scary and weird that he feels the need to have so much control over the appearance of his partner.

4. LIa says:

Kims style was fine before , but she needed the little push….

5. Jihan says:

@endESQ, that is a brilliant point.

6. makeeasweet says:

there nothing wrong with dressing your partner.me and my boyfriend tell each other what to wear sometimes.people really make every little thing a big deal,i would hate to have people all in my relationship judging everything we do as a couple.i never want to be a celebrity. i wonder what the next rumor going to be after this one.that cannes Pyramid look amazing,i would love to see that in person.

7. DarkEmpress says:

@ sticky-n-sweet except amber dressed herself. She said Kanye always tried to tell her what to wear but she never listened. Kim should stop listening too bc she has been looking worse lately. I think it’s a sign a relationship wont last when your bf isn’t satisfied with u and tries to make improvements.

8. @janjan_12 says:

I liked kim’s style before, but sometimes it’s good to step out of your comfort zone. As long as she’s happy with Kanye’s imput, then that’s all that matters.

9. yusufswifee says:

good lawd, someone please tell me that is a belt Kim K has on with that dress and not muffin top…

Kanye also tells his women what to eat…what a catch.

I love it…there is someone for everyone….

10. Chris styles says:

Not into celeb fragrances at all!…but that Rihanna Rebelle smells delish! I caved and got some on sale at Sears (of all places). So I’m looking forward the smelling the new one.

11. @LiyahBella says:

I thought the same thing!!!! I said ever since she has been dating Kanye her style is impeccable. Her make up game was always on point, but her choice of clothing is far better!