May 25th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Kim Kardashian, On the Scene
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

The stars in Cannes came together last night for the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala at Cap d’Antibes. I am happy to report that nearly everyone came correct.

Let’s take a look:

Well surprise, surprise Janet Jackson looked stunning. The singer chose a custom Emilio Pucci gown for the occasion, and what looks like a pair of Giuseppe Zanotti wedges. Her makeup is a little ashy, but I forgive her.

Aishwarya Rai wore a sari by Abu Sandeep, leaving a trail of snatched lacefronts in her wake. Can someone explain what is so offensive about her post-baby body? I think she looks happy, healthy, and still more beautiful than any of us could ever hope to be! Haters kick rocks!

Kim Kardashian braved the red carpet without Kanye West, who was left sulking in his yacht after finding out his life-size princess Jasmine doll girlfriend would be wearing color to an event. Kim is rarely off the mark when it comes to fashion, and this Elie Saab gown is stunning on her, as is that glorious makeup.

Liya Kebede showed out in a suit by Roberto Cavalli, juxtaposing her sharp look with carefree hippie hair in need of combing.

Nicole Murphy kilt it in a stunning pleated gold lamé frock. I am so feeling her dress, but I think the shoes may have been too high for the look! It makes the dress look short. I might have worn flat sandals with this to make up for the length, but maybe that’s why I wasn’t invited to the gala.

Shocker: Burberry model Jourdan Dunn was outfitted in Burberry for the event.

Malika Sherwawat wore a hooded dress from Ali Mahdavi.

Flawless model Liu Wen wore the Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci frock Kanye wishes Kim had sported.

Ditto for Carine Roitfeld, who also looked stunning in a black Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci gown.

And lastly, Michelle Rodriguez turned up in usual form– dressed to the nines in a black mermaid tail gown, but still, somehow looking underdressed. I think it’s the lackluster makeup and her questionable smile.

At any rate, there’s a quick round up!
Who do you think was best dressed?
~Jihan

47 Responses to “On The Scene: Janet Jackson, Kim Kardashian, and more at the Cannes 2012 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala”

1. LC says:

Gosh, Kim shut it down.

2. ChooseyLover says:

Yep! Kim shut it all the way down.

Janet J boobs look weird from the side. Love her shoes.

3. Kim definitely takes the cake here. Janet’s make up is looking rather pancake 31ish. Aishwarya Rai looks a lot thinner here than she did in the post a few days ago, that must not have been a recent photo. Malika Sherwawat– sweat much? LOL @ that questionable smile.

4. ShrenAKO says:

Some of the faces these ppl are making!!! Lord! Anyways, Ms. Murphy is too shiny with all that. Kim looks great.

5. ChooseyLover says:

Yep! Kim K shut it all the way down!

Janet J boobs look weird from the side. Love her shoes

6. Lyn E. says:

Janet Shut the whole place down!

7. Wallflower says:

Nicole Murphy looks like Tan Mom… love the dress though.

8. jai says:

Jihan’s commentary has me laughing so loud, I’m sure I’d get fired if my boss had come to work today :)

9. Est87 says:

Kim and Jourdan are doing it for me!

10. Lorraine says:

Kim looked beautiful!! I love the yellow sress with the red lips. Perfect contrast. Everyone looked amazing. But can somebody please tell me where people are getting that Kanye only wants Kim to wear black? I’m not sure why people are thinking this.

11. Lorraine says:

Typo: I meant dress*

12. lana says:

Kim shut it down as usual. Janet jackson not so much. I like her better with short hair. The dress just don’t seem to fit right. Michelle Rodriguez, wtf? Lol

13. Jihan says:

@Lorraine– re: your Kimye question, peep this post: http://fashionista.com/2012/05/is-kanye-west-the-murky-dismal-to-kim-kardashians-rainbow-brite/

Kimmy’s been wearing a lot of black and white lately, and she used to dress in more colors. I don’t actually think Yeezy only allows her to wear b&w… but… maybe?

14. faith says:

yes jai i wholeheartedly agree jihan had me rolling! kim (yay for finding color again…she may have given me TOO much face though), janet (yes but lets try some bronzer or different foundation idk) and liu wen (YASSS: slayed clothes hair and makeup)

@ChooseyLover – I suppose its time for Janet to get her breast implants touched up…no shade.

And I LOVE Kim’s look! Thank goodness she wore some color!

16. ladyb says:

Janet gerrl…you need to fix those titties and fire your makeup artist…No Ma’am!

Not feelin Kim’s makeup but I flove the dress

Michelle Rodriguez …LMAO!!

17. OPI says:

What’s offsensive about her body, you can’t be the most beautiful woman and be heavy set(society tells us taht everyday), Hollywood and most people that feed into this celeb beauty crap will never accept the FACT THAT A LARGER WOMAN CAN BE BEAUTIFUL. even at her weight she is still beautiful, but most people would say her fat takes away from her beauty. Look at janet jackson, they need to throw 10 pounds on her because she looks hungry.

18. justsaying says:

Janet’s dress looks very ill fitting. The bust area looks very big and her breast looks very odd.

19. justsaying says:

Janet’s dress looks ill fitting on her. From the neckline to her waist does not fit or shape her bust area and tourse. From the waist down, too much fabric. Oh! She also looks like a child trying on her mother’s clothing.

20. My Response says:

Kim looks gorgeous. Damn!

21. Bajan Candy says:

“Questionable smile” lol. I think Malika Sherwawat’s dress looks great, I really like that style. It’s not often you see a hood on a red carpet! Kim looks beautiful as usual; and Jordan Dunn is such a cutie!

22. Emily says:

Ms Murphy is wearing the exact same iconic dress that Marilyn Monroe herself has worn. It’s just not a random dress. That is why it is kinda short. Jihan this is something you should add in the commentary imho.

23. Aishwarya is really stunning!!! I love to see kohl rimmed light eyes. She looks even more beautiful and youthful with the added plumpness.

Kim on the other hand overdid the eyeliner but she still looks fab.

Janet’s titties O_O

Carine Roitfield is such a fabulous woman but she has the cruelest face. She looks like she eats human flesh.

24. Dom says:

That Damn Nicole Murphy! Shessh, she’s still a killer! Janet’s dress is ill fitting in the top.

25. ChooseyLover says:

@ Anonymous- LMAO

Sorry for the two post!

26. Keesh says:

i live for Jihan’s posts… weak over here from laughing

27. kitkat says:

Note to future self, say no to tear drop implants.

28. Tamm says:

I don’t know if it’s the botox, the makeup or a permanent frown, but Kim’s face is always so severe to me. Other than that, I’m loving the color on her!

29. Brandi says:

I think most of the looks are lovely. Jourdan & Carine’s eye makeup looks like they took a nap on the way to the event. Michelle R – smh.

30. Danielle says:

Speak for yourself with that ‘more beautiful than any of us could hope to be’ nonsense. What blatantantly hideous statement to make. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I for one do not wish or hope to be anyone other than myself. Please and Thank You.

31. I don’t know who Liu Wen is but WERRRRRRRRRK-UH.

32. Danielle says:

I agree that Janet’s boobs look weird. But the dress is pretty

33. Twerk says:

Totally agree with @Danielle. That comment was dumb as hell, Jihan.

Yessssss Kimmy, flawless.

I hate Nicole Murphy’s dress, such an awkward length and the material looks like tin foil. Just ugh!

Liu Wen is gorgeous! Everyone else looks ok.

34. hahahaha says:

Jourdan looks flawless!

35. hey yall says:

I agree that dress that Liu Wen had on.. would have look great on Kim k..

36. Est87 says:

I have to agree with Danielle about that comment, Jihan. Threw me off a bit I must say…

37. krystel says:

Kim Kim Kim

38. NYC chick says:

Lots of nice looks here. I’m usually a fan of Kim’s in the style dept, but I dont love her in this. I think the dress would look better on someone more statuesque. It’s not a terrible look, but she looks matronly…too much material for her and her arms look big. She looks like a 45 y/o old. Personally I love the looks of Aishwarya Rai, Jourdan, and Malika.

39. NYC chick says:

LOL@ Nicole looking like tan mom. I think she looks nice here but totally see where you’re coming from :-)

40. Tessa B says:

Kim K looks amazing! JJ should have just let the top of that dressed closed…it still would have looked great!

**proceeding to googling this Abu chick….Im not sure who she is or what has bn said of her…

41. Tessa B says:

** I mean Rai

42. Tisha says:

Aishwarya is still beautiful, I think everyone looked great!

43. Sinnamon says:

If you look closely at Kim k’s knee caps they look like a skull

44. vonne says:

Malika Sherwawat’s hooded dress is stunning.

Love the post!

46. kat says:

To me, this is how you do Jessica Rabbit (referring to Kim), not that crazy, awkward leg pose that Jolie was doing at the Oscars. Kim looks great.

47. I agree about Aishwarya Rai; stunning as ever and glowing with post-baby beauty…! If women were designed to be sticks they wouldn’t have babies!