May 24th, 2012
Cassie, Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Kerry Washington, Cassie, June Ambrose, and more!
By Faith

Happy Thursday! Memorial Day Weekend is on the horizon which means that warm weather and Summer are around the corner.

In style news, the 2012 Cannes Film Festival is coming to a close, but celebrities are still partying and getting their fill of the French Riviera. Back here stateside, movie premieres are ramping up as Summer blockbuster season is upon us. That means it’s all about the red carpet and glam looks!

Let’s get into this week’s noteworthy ensembles:

Kerry Washington went bold at the Disney Media Networks International Upfronts in Burbank, California. She wore a $1,595 Michael Kors Bouclé Crepe Shift Dress with a snakeskin clutch and $695 Nicholas Kirkwood Suede Platform Pumps. Kerry looks beautiful here, but I need more! She often keeps it safe and I’d love to see her change it up.

Cassie is really making her presence felt in Cannes and went glam at the JP Haiti Carnival Haitian Benefit. Her halter gown is stunning! Is it just me or does she seem a bit “enhanced”? Either way, she looks good.

Along with Joan Smalls, June Ambrose also attended the HSN & Universal Pictures Snow White and The Huntsman Collection Launch in New York City. Her printed dress is gorgeous! I don’t even need to mention the shoes: everyone owns those Giuseppe Zanotti wedges!

Model Jeneil Williams was also on hand at the HSN & Universal Pictures Snow White and The Huntsman Collection Launch in a showstopping red dress with a plunging neckline and cutout detailing. Work Jeneil! Her skin is glowing and flawless.

At the Official 2012 Pre-Billboard Music Awards Party in Las Vegas, Jurnee Smollett showed off her legs in lace shorts and a ruffle blouse. This look is adorable…until you get to the shoes. They’re much too chunky for such a delicate look: a simple pump would have done the trick. I do like seeing Jurnee out and about though.

Rita Ora is also making a splash at Cannes and she went for all-white at the Chopard Mystère Party. Clearly brands are gravitating toward her because she wore a custom Emilio Pucci gown. Rita cleans up nicely! This is a stark contrast to her preferred look of shorts and Jordans.

Kimye continues their Cannes invasion, with Kanye sporting Balmain and Balenciaga, and Kim in a buff colored dress and Tom Ford sandals. Say what you want, but they make a cute couple!

At the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup Launch, Halle Berry opted for a neutral look. She’s been one of the faces of the brand for over fifteen years and she showed exactly why here: she’s gorgeous! I’ve seen this curly ‘do with more casual looks and I didn’t care for it, but it looks cute with this ensemble.

Along with Cassie, Chris Tucker also hit the red carpet at the Killing Them Softly Premiere in Cannes.  His tux needed some further tailoring, but his date is definitely working her gown! He has a new film debuting later this year, so we’ll see him back on the screen soon.

Tia Mowry and her husband Cory Hardrict attended the 37th Annual Gracie Awards Gala held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles, California. Hmm… I can’t even call his look a suit and though her gown is pretty, that hair is giving me high school prom.

At the Men in Black 3 Premiere in New York City alongside Will and Jada, Nicole Scherzinger followed Jada’s lead in a Bill Blass look from the Spring 2012 collection: a red tie-neck halter top and pencil skirt. She’s rocking those $930 Giuseppe Zanotti Black and Gold Metal Heels which I love (and so does Naya Rivera). She looks beautiful, though I would have preferred something a bit more glam for such a big night.

Chaka Khan is back! She hit the red carpet at the 40th Annual FiFi Awards in New York City in a printed gown with a front slit and detached sleeves to match. The sleeves should have been left at home, but there’s no denying that Chaka is killing it! Yes it might not be “age-appropriate”, but I’m a firm believer in flaunting it. They didn’t call her “Lips and Hips” for nothing.

Jordin Sparks looked stunning at the American Idol Finale at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. I adore her scallop mini dress, but the shoes are a hmm…a peep-toe pump in a fun color would have finished the ensemble in the right way.

Denise Vasi is the new Stacey Dash on Single Ladies and she rocked a navy and burgundy jumpsuit while at The Wendy Williams Show in NYC. Are those Fall 2012 Christian Louboutin pumps I see on her feet? I like it!

Kat Graham combined leather and lace at the CW Upfront Afterparty. Kat lives for edge so I get the dress, but the rest is a total hmm… I would love to see her tone it down and really play up her natural beauty.

Actress Jessica Lucas joined Kat at the CW Upfront Afterparty in a simple all-black look. Chic!

Naya Rivera opted for a classic ensemble while outside the Mayfair Hotel in London. Feeling this look from the trench to the Christian Louboutin Mary Jane Pumps. I guess it’s cold across the pond?

Robin Thicke tried out the bomber trend at The Wendy Wiliams Show. Scrumptious!

Shala Monroque looked feminine and elegant at the Ralph Lauren Celebration for Ricky Lauren’s new book, The Hamptons: Food, Family and History.

Last, but not least was Mr. Will Smith who went bright at The Late Show with David Letterman. Loving his pop of color: is it just me or has his style been totally on point this month?

That’s all folks! Who had your favorite looks?
~Faith

29 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Kerry Washington, Cassie, June Ambrose, and more!”

Chaka Khan is definitely killin’ it in that dress! and LOVE Will Smith’s look.

the girl who’s next to chris tucker is an angolan actress/model, her name is micaela reis. She was in 7th at the 2007 miss universe, and in 2nd at miss world. So big ups to my country ANGOLA.

3. jme says:

Cassie is serving!

I love Ms. Chaka…..she looks fab.

Everyone looks good here actually!!!!

4. Sharde Monet says:

Chaka Khan looks gorg …DOnt know what you mean by age appropiate but the only women i see rocking that are indeed fabulous 60 something year old women…beyonce and rita ora….not so much lol

5. Leimom says:

I love Halle look, as I like drapy, flowing attire. She does this often in her casual everyday life.

6. soon2Bmrs says:

Diddy, I mean Cassie has definitely enhanced the boobies.

7. Brittany says:

Yeah I noticed that Cassie was showing off those fake boobies as well. I think they are too big for her frame.

8. Dom says:

Jordan looks adorable, Jurnee has great legs, and Will needs to loose the sneakers!

9. Toni says:

Not a fan of Cassie, but she is serving it up…. love it.
    Faith you are so correct Rita sure do clean up good……..
    Love, love June, Kerry and Nicole looks!!!!

10. suspicion confirmed. Nude nude spike Louboutin’s look gross. Are we not going to discuss that terrible weave and lackluster jumper? ok…

11. ladyluo says:

Will looks great and I agree that he has been looking great during this promo period

12. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Chaka Khan sure is feeling her self these days with her new body! Did anyone see her on last nights American Idol finale? Cassie and her breast implants. Saw her in a pic where she was wearing a red sequiced dress and all I saw was her implants screaming out, get me outta here!!! But her dress is beautiful! Denise Vasi is beautiful! Loving her jumpsuit…is this the same girl that was on the Jacksons, American Dream Movie where she played Jermaine’s wife??

13. Nifeycah Khan says:

CHAKA!! ALL HAIL CHAKA KHAN!!! THAT IS THE TRUE QUEEN! SHE TORE IT DOWN ON AMERICAN IDOL! GO CHAKA!!! WHOOOO! NOW back to normal,lol.

14. Shelly says:

This is the best that I’ve seen Rita Ora look. She does the clean, sophisticated look very well.

15. makeeasweet says:

chaka khan is so wrong for that dress,i seen another pic of her and you can see cellulite.if she had some black short shorts,then it would have been perfect.i dont think cassie had breast implants,it look like she use breast tape. the chick been seen so much here and there,i dont see how she had time to get implants and recover.yes you can make your small breast look huge with tape,watch youtube for instructions.halle look better with short hair,but this look is kinda cute.

16. Cassie had a boob job….please go back and see all her pics from cannes festival. the before and after is soo obvious…HELLO!!!!!!

17. Lauren says:

I’m not familiar with Jessica Lucas, but she reminds me of a young Salli Richardson.

18. HowISeeIt says:

I agree, Rita Ora cleans up very nice. But I’m ready for her to let go of the blonde. Pretty girl nevertheless. Cory is a cutie, but needs a tailor. June, flawless! Love it! I like Jurnee’s outfit but agree she needed less chunky shoe. Denise Vasi is gorgeous. Let’s just hope she can act.

19. Idreaminchanel says:

Oooohhh weee y’all did a PHENOM job this week in chic. HAAAAYYYYYYY!

20. Rita Ora and Cassie shut it down! Nicole looks good as well. Not feeling Halle’s poodle hair do. Auntie Shaka is working it in that sheer number, isn’t she?

21. Tisha says:

Chaka looks great!

22. lv says:

Kat Graham always over the top and rita ora never wears a bra.

23. krystel says:

Chakka Khan looks great.

24. Jules says:

why those Jurnee Smollett looking so small she need to gain weight and soon not a good look for her.

25. Bajan Candy says:

Ms Chaka is killin’ em right now! Jordin Sparks’ dress is so cute, but you were right ’bout that shoe!! Now that Tom Ford sandal that Kim is wearing GOODNESS GOODNESS, that’s a shoe. I love it.

26. Diva says:

Chaka look damn good… so proud of her !!! Jordin & her shoe game are giving me the blues !!! Tia needs to leave Cory with the baby at home next time. Jurnee needs to eat she looks too skinny. Rita is looks great these days, proud of her evolution. Halle is ALWAYS flawless and lastly there is nothing cute about Kimye.

27. Diva says:

*is looking

28. Angela says:

I really wish Halle would get rid of that awful hair on her head!

29. Ej says:

Will’s stylist needs a raise! Bc he could do no wrong as of lately. Naya, Jessica and Nicole also look great. Halle…just stop. You are too gorgeous for this. Tame those curls and get dressed or dress down this inbetween look is not good for you.