May 24th, 2012
Christian Louboutin, Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Rihanna performed on American Idol last night sporting yet another new hairdo.

This time, the songstress opted for straight bangs and a dreaded ponytail. Hot! or Hmm…? (ONTD)

• This year’s CFDA awards will be broadcast in its entirety on Style.com the day after the event takes place. This is the first time the unglamorous masses will be able to see the awards from beginning to end. Check it out June 5th. (WWD)

Anthropologie‘s Made in Kind designer collaboration initiative continues in June with capsules from Karen Walker, indie brands Norwegian Wood and Family Affair, and recent Parson’s graduate Leah Goren. Prices range from $68 to $298. Look for them in stores May 28th. (ELLE)

• It’s not that Christian Louboutin likes making uncomfortable shoes, he just doesn’t care if women are comfortable in his shoes:  “I don’t want to create painful shoes, but it is not my job to create something comfortable. I try to make high heels as comfortable as they can be, but my priority is design, beauty and sexiness. I’m not against them, but comfort is not my focus.”  See the difference, ladies? (Vogue UK)

• It takes Pucci designer Peter Dundas an hour and a half to get to work in Florence, Italy every morning from his apartment in Paris, France. “I usually go to work by airplane… Really, I am in an airplane four or five times a week.” Ladies and gentlemen, this is why Pucci is so expensive. (Harper’s Bazaar)

~ Jihan

27 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Rihanna Debuts Dreaded Hairdo, Christian Louboutin Doesn’t Care About Comfortable Shoes, and The CFDA Awards to be Broadcast”

1. aries says:

Rihanna hair and outfit is cute, not everyone can wear that outfit.

2. ShrenAKO says:

Rihanna….so over her! Sorry fans.

Christian Louboutin basically said, “F-Your feet!…I’m trying to make my shoes flawless.”

He should try to accomplish both. People don’t pay all that money for that. If he was that amazing he would try to make sure his customers are comfortable and FLY! I know it won’t be easy for all designs, but hell…TRY!

3. MissRichTV says:

Rihanna had a lovely performance. I just wish she didn’t do bangs with dreads. If ur gonna do it, do it right. SN: I love the dreads on her! Yup!

4. Shanita says:

I watched her performance last nite. I like Rihanna, just feel REALLY sorry for the girl. She went thru a lot in the public eye (heartbreak, abuse, humilitation) at a very young age. Add all of that to your typical young adult rebellion, and this is what you get. A good girl gone bad. She will redeem herself, but she will do it for herself, as she chooses, NOT FOR SOCIETY.

5. Gray says:

REALLY?!?!?!
    Airplane to work…..smh

6. Marthe says:

I totally agree with Shanita, I don’t always like the fashionchoices of Rihanna lately , but like she stated on twitter; she is not interested in being a role-model! Just leave some of these (young) celebrities alone (i’m not saying anything about the FBD, you’re doing great work!). I have (long) dreadlocks myself and so I’m proud to see my girl with almost the same hairstyle. The outfit is WACK. She’s really getting her hot body back!

7. Brittany says:

I so want the Louboutin trend to go away!

8. dee says:

Christian Louboutin(s) are not at all comfortable, and I find myself doing a shimmy & a shake if standing for prolonged periods in his shoes. There’s a major difference in quality sexy & rushed luxury! Jimmy Choo. Brian Atwood, Zanotti are some of the few who have a gotten the balance right.
    I wish comfortability would become one of his focus. Because, we spend one hell of a check buying multiple pairs of his shoes. I don’t see how these chicks are pumping the pavement in those shoes on a regular. Even his flats are horrendously uncomfortable! That’s neither here nor there! Do you, if they are buying them!

9. Love’s Rihanna’s outfit, the hair not so much! I’m sick of hearing about Mr. Louboutin and the comfort of his shoes, booo! We’ve heard enough!

10. …didn’t know Louboutin was a trend esp. since everyone copies his designs.

*shrugs shoulders*

11. yusufswifee says:

Haha! @ Ms. RichTV – giiiirl, you know Rhi Rhi must always do bangs….she nor her hairdresser are going for that.

I was in the nailshop when she came on – great performance. Don’t have cable so haven’t seen much of her lately.

12. I do own Louboutin items, no they are not the most comfortable shoe. Yes, they are incredibly sexy. But YSL shoe’s are just as sexy and are extremely comfortable. This man panders to vanity. The idea of wearing thousand dollar shoes. He appealing to women’s ego, with the illusion that you are special or better because you can purchase a $1000. I am a fashionista and this is one of the ugly truth of fashion.

13. Amani says:

@Brittany I thought it was just me.

14. My Response says:

Rihanna’s hair is a hot mess. Dreads and a straight bang…no ma’am

15. Brandi says:

I like Rhianna’s fit, don’t really care for the hair. I don’t like ALL her fashion choices but I LOVE that she switches it up often & is not afraid to take a risk. With that I cannot be bored. As for Mr. Louboutin – sometimes it’s painful to be beautiful.

16. Tamara says:

In regardless to Rihanna…that’s a hell naw right there
    And the Pucci designer looks like the guy from the movie Mask (goggle if you’re unfamiliar).

17. Tamara says:

Not the Jim Carey movie. The one starring Cher.

18. Farah Andrea says:

Smh @ Christian Louboutin who is breaking the pockets of those who purchase his shoes to fatten the pockets of the orthopedists I represent. Medical Malpractice insurance isn’t cheap…

19. Shanita says:

Ummm if you’re going to talk about people…at least use correct spelling and grammar. (In regardless to Rihanna??? Goggle???)

20. Nellyv85 says:

Are we going to not discusses the buffoonery that was Fantasias catsuit on Idol last night?!

21. makeeasweet says:

ummm louboutin isnt a trend.i can understand not liking a certain pair,but there no way in hell you can hate ALL louboutin shoes,that just hating.most of the woman that can afford to buy those shoes dont walk around in them all day anyway.i cant stand two texture hair like rihanna.i hate when i see chicks with straight bangs and the rest of the their hair kinky.choose one or the other!!!

22. Rihanna is beautiful and her body is flawless. Let the girl live!

How is Christian Louboutin breaking your pockets? I don’t get it. HE IS NOT FORCING YOU TO PURCHASE HIS SHOES!! Get it? If u want comfort than actively SEEK shoes that are comfortable instead of wanting to be seen with your “red bottoms”. I own a few pairs and yes they are not comfortable for the most part but they aren’t made for a woman to be walking up and down the street or standing for long periods of time. Unless you’re a high heel pro like my mama, just stop the complaining! Too many chicks just want to be able to say they have CL’s and can’t even walk good in them. SMH

I don’t blame him. He’s in the business of creating the illusion of sexiness. Not making u feel comfortable. If u want to be comfortable go get some Haviana’s flip flops or a pair of Uggs.

23. Caribbelle says:

well i don’t care what Mr. Dundas has to do, just as long as he keeps up the great work. I say it again and again. I love pucci but I also love what he’s done for the brand.

24. The ones complaining about the lack of comfort while wearing Louboutins are the same ones stating they have several pair. If they are “all” so uncomfortable, why do you keep buying them? Im confused.

25. Xochitl says:

Rihanna needs to go sit down somewhere! She looks a hot mess… Halloween is in October RiRi!

26. I think Erika Napoletano is especially spectacular at pulling this off. She��ll talk about some awesome/shitty/outrageous that happened to her or someone she knows and leads with what happened and then shows you what you can learn from it.

27. B-lady says:

@Jihan, when i read the title about Rihanna’s hair i thought that it was an intended pun lol… anywhoo, she looks nice in locs. i just really wish she didn’t have straight hair at the same time and if she wanted to hide the fivehead she could’ve swooped a few locs over it.