May 24th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Kelly Rowland, On the Scene
By Faith

Kelly Rowland played host at the “Hotel Noir” Exclusive Launch Event for GREY GOOSE Cherry Noir in New York City. The crowd was full of tastemakers in the fashion, music, and entertainment industries.

Let’s see what the ladies and gents were wearing shall we?

Kelly Rowland was the lady of the evening, and looked the part in a red halter gown. She accessorized with white ankle-strap sandals–perhaps not the best pairing with such an elegant gown.

Cobalt was Jessica White’s shade of choice and she wore an interesting off the shoulder dress with a cutout neckline. Though I do like the 80′s feel of the dress and the color definitely works for her, the neckline looks a bit unfinished. The face is giving me Naomi, though. Am I alone?

Estelle mixed textures in a white blazer, lace blouse, shorts, MCM clutch, and printed booties. I normally love her bold style, but this look has entirely too much going on!

Vashtie Kola paired a printed vintage dress and vintage boots with a Genevieve Jones clutch. Though she could have opted for more delicate footwear, you have to take Vashtie’s style into account: she hardly ever wears dresses! Rita Ora might have taken a few fashion nods from her as Vashtie has been doing the Jordans and tomboy-inspired look for years.

Dee and Ricky stopped by the event. They always go for eccentric looks and keep it fresh. Their new pieces are letter plush brooches, hence Dee’s alphabet-laden look.

Kenny Burns rarely misses a hot party and he looked fresh in a checkered shirt, bow tie, vest, and trousers. Burgundy velvet loafers finished off his look, though my choice would have been to keep it pared down with a black pair.

Last, but not least was Angie Martinez who kept it simple in $198 Rag & Bone Tuxedo Stripe Skinny Jeans and $625 Christian Louboutin Pigalle Pumps. Cute!

What do you think? Who had your favorite looks?

42 Responses to “On the Scene: Kelly Rowland, Jessica White, Estelle, and more at the “Hotel Noir” Exclusive Launch Event for GREY GOOSE Cherry Noir in New York City”

1. ShrenAKO says:

All bad! Kelly’s look would have been great with a black heel. The others didn’t do so well either. Vashtie look like she came straight out of the 70′s.

2. why is Estelle so tacky? WHY?

3. too cool says:

jessica white… white as in ashy.

4. YM says:

I love Va$htie’s look. Since she hardly does wear dresses, and always favors a more “tomboyish” shoe, I think this look is very appropriate for her. Angie looks great, too.

5. sigh. Idk where to start so I will just end.

6. Est87 says:

Estelle and Jessica rarely get it right *sigh*

7. Brittany says:

Jessica White always looks a mess.

8. Accent says:

Kelly takes it!!!!

One thing I noticed, instead of looking at the good thing and we tend to just look at the bad one like (J.White) smh

9. Likkle Miss says:

I’m so confused by Jessica White. She’s a supermodel, she’s gorgeous, why does she look so bad when she goes anywhere? Seriously.

Vashtie would have looked edgier in her signature curls.

That’s all I got since Kelly’s shoes are making me weep.

10. ladyluo says:

Love Kelly’s outfit except for the shoes

11. Twerk says:

Estelle doing way too much as usual. Kelly always manages to eff up what would be a hot look, and I’m not even gonna bother with the rest.

12. kitkat says:

It bugs the hell out of me when prints are not lined symmetrically. I know petty, but that ish drives me crazy.

13. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Not feeling none of these looks. Kelly’s shoe choice were bad and Jessica White, she never gets it for me AND she’s a model too (not runway but I guess that explains it)…I mean c’mon.

14. Jihan says:

Jessica White is serving the kids Lark Voorhies makeup yaaas lmao:

15. December Sidderwhite says:

Why Jessica, wh!>???? somebody please help her, smh I can’t deal.

16. too cool says:

oh jihan…. lol i saw that photo and didnt know how to react, literally grasping for words…

just look at the photo of Claire showing J.White how you work colbalt. hell, showing her how to work a dress.

17. MissD says:

Why are Estelle’s knees ashy girl lotion up or better yet put some vaseline on it works better on us black folk!

18. Juju says:

Angie looks like a pirate

19. DarkEmpress says:

I know Estelle does her own thing,but there is a way to be original and look good too. She should find a stylist who can do that. She needs to ask Cassie and Rihanna bout that.

20. Wallflower says:

So we’re just gonna act like Jessica White’s not rocking Rudy Huxtable bangs? We’re gonna let her get away with that? Ok.

21. YahnaM says:

Vashtie Kola is gorgeous!!!

22. Sandra says:

All of them are bad. Don’t get me started on Estelle and Jessica White. You see guys sometimes, it has noting to do with money or expensive things. You can be a label addict and have all the money in the world or even a great stylist and the outfit simply was not meant for you. You have to carry an outfit and not the opposite.

23. Vanessa says:

Kelly definitely stole the show!

24. Shelly says:

Kelly looks amazing….sans the shoes, smh….

25. Xochitl says:

Estelle looks confused and needs a stylist ASAP! love her music tho!

26. Kelly looks great minus those tragic white shoes. Estelle, my belle what the hell are you wearing? Jessica White looks like she’s wearing a Halloween costume. I can’t with the rest of these fools.

27. @Jihan…..Lark has a skin disorder..its not bad makeup..please you guys should leave her alone. her case isn’t from “bleaching” or bad makeup or botched plastic surgery,its internal..something internal is wrong with her and thus affecting her skin…its likely to be lupus or something within that area. as for Jessica White, her case is bad makeup, bad stylist, bad fashion taste, bad contacts, and bad weave

28. MlParis says:

Kelly is simply beautiful! Love the whole outfit and her face is pretty as hell! Sans faute :)

29. lv says:

Yes Brittany yes she does! a tacky ashy mess.

30. vonne says:

Jessica White is so gorgeous but she always looks a hot mess. I like Estelle’s outfit minus the shoes.

31. krystel says:

Nothing inspired me at all with these look.

32. Bella says:

WHY WHY Estelle cant get it together, I have not YET seen a mind blowing look from her, and I thought she be cooling it with June Ambrose? … *sigh

33. sarahdjarnie says:

I want to laugh right now what the heck is JW wearing oh my geez horrendous

34. M1zzdlady says:

All of them look a hot mess!

35. ShannelTheUgly says:

Vashtie Kola! Everybody else….no comment.

36. Bajan Candy says:

You’re right…Jessica is giving me a bit of Naomi in the face ONLY.

37. Robin says:

Angie Martinez looks great as usual and Jessica White looks great. Not feeling the rest of them.

38. shan says:

The best dressed here is definitely Kelly is dress is gorgeous but those white shoes took it from an perfect 10 to somewhere in the 7 range; the two pieces battle for attention.

39. Era says:

Estelle is fu**ing cool. What do you Americans know? At least she looks black and hasn’t got a self hating shitt* weave on her head! Kelly looks good too.

You would think from these pics that all black women in america are light skin and have long [cough laugh laugh] hair.

You guys have really been brainwashed to think your nappy, short hair ain’t good enough. So sad that you could be leading the way yet you fall into such ugly stereotypes

40. Fash lover says:

41. Deeka from Paris says:

Estelle is a damn mess. Lord Jesus please do something for her..
    Jessica White made me laugh.
    But I love Vashtie Kola’s outfit. It’s different..