May 23rd, 2012
Celebrity Style, Solange Knowles
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Solange Knowles turned up to the MoMA Party in the Garden for a DJ gig last night. She kept things… interesting in a green floral blazer, white blouse, and what appears to be a shin-length skirt with exposed knicker shorts by Central Saint Martin’s graduate Flaminia Saccucci. She completed her look with flesh-tone pumps, a white and gold clutch, and amazing hair and makeup to boot.

Her top and bottom combo debuted as part of Saccucci’s 2011 Central Saint Martin’s graduation project. While the original was modeled with tights to balance out the hi-lo look, Solange said ‘nay’ to coverage and let her leg play center stage:

This look is a new twist on a “skort.” Solange is known for taking fashion risks, and looking great while doing so. This look is risky indeed. While I love the print, and the silhouette of the skirt (a little leg never hurt anyone), I’m a little iffy on the exposed knicker.

But are you feeling it?

Rachel Roy and Santigold were also in attendance last night:

Rachel Roy in Rachel Roy and Manolo Blahnik heels

Santigold in a Marni dress and Vivienne Westwood Shoes

Who do you think had the best look?

~Jihan

*Thx @NikkiOgun!

Posted In
33 comments

33 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Solange Knowles’s MoMA Party in the Garden Benefit Flaminia Saccucci Green Floral Blazer and Knicker Short Skirt”

I like the pieces, but would probably wear them separate. But Solo looks Amazing as usual : )

2. lv says:

Santigold looks uncomfortable but Solange looks great. Im glad she’s finally coming into her own.

3. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Da hell?! No Solange, go home and change…and if Rachel Roy don’t stop slouching JESUS!

4. Amani says:

Poison Ivy…

5. Latanya says:

I think Rachel is the best dressed if she would remove the jacket.

6. AD says:

Rachel Roy looks gorgeous.

7. Asha says:

I really like Solange’s look…but for Best dressed I gotta give it to Rachel Roy..the mix of colours on her complexion, with that crimson lip?..WIN!!!!!

8. Crystal says:

Rachel Roy looks so chic and beautiful! Just wow!

9. was this ugly nude shoe night?

I would like Solange’s more if it were not in such an offputting print

Rachel Roy–i guess wins

Cobalt blue looks good on everyone!

10. Nicole says:

think outside the box boo boo’s and this is exactly what ms solange does!

11. Shanita says:

Luvin Solo!!!

12. I easily like Rachel Roy’s dress the best!

13. FashionObserver says:

Solange looks drop dead gorgeous. Being a Fashion icon is not for the faint of heart and her look is clearly not for ur button down average joe so it won’t sweeten everyone’s taste bud. We have to admire and only wish we were this daring and could pull anything of! Solange is IT for me this year her fashion game constantly blows me way. Clearly a leader of the pack.

14. Deb says:

Usually, I think Solange can do no wrong fashionwise but I’m not feeling this look at all. But I have to give her props for always willing to take a risk. Where would fashion be today without risk takers?

15. Hott! I love Solange…she looks great

16. Dnice says:

I agree Solange looks great! Love that she went there with the knicker look but had sense enough to cover it up. I would love a posting on mud color pumps for women of color, ad I love hers.

17. Dnice says:

Mud…lol. Should say nude!

18. lola_uk says:

“omg, solange is giving me liiife!”…..NOT!
    this is a tacky, hot mess. But, it’s solange so it’s “different” and “edgy”.
    Enough already! she looks horrible!

19. Knickers? Those look like BLOOMERS to me. Where I come from, knickers come past the knee…this look is great for her. Wouldn’t want to see anyone walking down the street in it though. Santagold looks like she’s ready to go home, I would be too if I were forced to wear that ensemble…

20. I love this look and solange period…while her look may not be for everybody she pulls it off beautifully

21. My Response says:

whatever Solange is wearing, she needs to take it off

22. Shauntele says:

having a hard time understanding how you can “not” love this look.
    well done Solange

23. Indigo says:

I’m feeling it!! She looks beautiful.

24. sci1045 says:

Love Solange look

25. Wallflower says:

Love Solange and Rachel Roy… Opposite sides of the fashion spectrum, but both are great looks.

26. Likkle Miss says:

I freaking love this look on Solange! LOVE!

27. cocoa says:

@shauntele i agree completely. whats not to love? solange is on her way to “we can do no wrong” town, where jennifer lopez lives

28. Bajan Candy says:

RR looks nice, but she’d look better if she’d loose that terrible 80′s jacket (yuk). Santigold–>c’mon son, really. No ma’am; and last but not least…SOLO who apparently had the foresight to see past the runway look ’cause it looked terrible on the runway, but amazing on her. Solange is doing it right now. Ladies, take notes…I am!

29. Bajan Candy says:

RR looks nice, she’d look a lot better if she would loose that terrible 80′s jacket. Santigold–>c’mon son, no ma’am. Solange apparently had the foresight to see beyond the runway, because she made the outfit look so much better. Solo for the win!

30. Tifani says:

Solange is so hit and miss when it comes to style Imo. This look that she’s trying to pull off is so not working!!!

31. Rae says:

Solange looks great!! Something about this outfit just works for me. An everyday person shouldn’t wear that much print in one outfit though.

32. Katie says:

I’m sorry but no Solange. If that isn’t the most ridiculous of all the looks I’ve seen of her.