May 22nd, 2012
Concert, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Guest Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Beyonce’s Revel Concert

Since some of you have expressed interest in having more variety in our Style Inspiration posts, I decided to tap stylist, blogger, and former Fashion Bombshell of the Day Joy Adaeze to come up with a few looks for ya. The blogger for Joy Loves Fashion is going to Beyonce’s highly anticipated Revel concert this weekend, and put together these hot ‘fits. Tell us what you think!
She writes, “Since this is a Beyonce show, it’s all about turning up the glam. It’s also held in Atlantic City- with plenty of clubs and casinos to go to afterwards! So, I thought a dressed up take on the usual concert look would be just right. Here are 3 looks that will have you looking sexy and chic for the whole fun filled evening!”

“I love black jumpsuit’s for evening. They are so sleek yet comfortable. Pair one with these orange, white and black “Summerissima” Louboutins to add a touch of tangerine, the season’s hottest color. This fab Miu Miu clutch finishes off the look while adding tons of wow factor. Some orangey red lipstick and you’re all set!”

I love this blue Carven dress and yellow TopShop neon yellow pumps because they add an amazing pop of color for evening.”

“Pair with a neutral Tory Burch clutch to keep a perfect balance between the two vibrant shades. Accessorize with classic gold hoop earrings and an art deco cocktail ring. Some neutral lips gloss to pump up your pout and a spritz of a sexy scent (like Tom Ford’s Violet Blonde) and you’re ready to go!”

“Lastly, White is a great choice for evening during Spring and Summer. This white TopShop bodycon dress is playful and I love it paired with these gold strappy Jimmy Choo sandals.”

” Complete the look with an animal print clutch, a fun statement cocktail ring and a sexy red lip.”

And there you have it!
What do you think of Joy’s suggested concert looks?
See more of her style and skills at www.joylovesfashion.com.

26 Responses to “Guest Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Beyonce’s Revel Concert”

1. I like the first look best. The other two are a bit much for a concert.

2. Anonmyous says:

I Love all the selections – great job Joy! NICE!

3. Love the looks but I agree with sunkissed, only the first one seems concert appropriate (Unless you like to be over the top). The last two seem great for a nice night out for dinner at a fab restaurant.

4. Dion says:

hmmm nothing for the curvy girl…I mean I guess I can use the suggestions to recreate something for me..so no shade just wish there was one “Inspiration” just for me..

5. Dion says:

Love the looks I just wish there was suggestions for the curvy girl. I guess I can recreate these looks to better suit me but maybe in the future you can include some inspiration for me and my fellow curvy girls? Thanks!

6. These looks are appropriate as the concert is being held at a casino hotel in Atlantic City. A concert I’m pissy I won’t be at. lol!

7. 11 Reasons says:

I like all of the suggestions! While I do agree that some of these are over the top… It’s an exclusive Beyonce concert, ALL OF HER FANS are over the top. My fave is the jumpsuit because it’s comfortable yet sexy. The shoes paired with it are to die for and I’m not a fan of Louboutins. Great post!

8. mallory says:

I like them, but I love when you do your style inpsiration posts, Claire :)

9. Marthe says:

I love that you used a former bombshell as someone to create these looks, I also almost always love your looks Claire, but this is also very interesting. Well done, both of you!

10. Juju says:

Claire this guest post was a great idea I love that you’re always trying to keep the site fresh. Another idea that would be fab would be a “what I’m wearing” post show us your outfits for a week like they do in Vogue. I know I for one love your Claires life posts :)

11. yusufswifee says:

These looks are fab….

12. iHeartKeya says:

I love all of these looks. I’ve been to a Beyonce concert a few times, and these are not too much. Girls at her concert do it up. Lol

13. yusufswifee says:

these looks will definitely work on a curvy girl also…maybe as inspiration. I don’t know about the acutual pixs…

ms. joy’s blog is everything….

14. binks says:

Cute selections, but I pick the first one for the event

15. Michelle R says:

I am going to her concert on Saturday! Planning to wear a BCBGMaxazria banded pencil skirt (long), cream bandeau top (tucked in) and a tan pinstripped blazer with some crazy heels! Orrrr…pleated black mini, rocker tee, chunky accessories, and high wedge pumps…SUPER EXCITED and great ideas!!! :)

16. Bella says:

I think this is too much for a concert. I’m going on Friday and definitely don’t plan on wearing heels. I’m there to dance and have a good time. A cute romper/jumpsuit, statement necklace, and fly sandals. Thats it.

17. TRUTH TELLER says:

T0O DRESSY FOR A CONCERT SOME OF THESE LOOK LIKE THE OUTFIT THE PERFORMER SHOULD BE WEARING

18. Jae says:

It’s a premiere hotel, on a holiday weekend… I would HOPE… never mind. never effing mind!! GREAT looks, I snagged two items. thanks Claire.

19. MsTicaD says:

These are HOT and I am certain they are appropriate choices! From what I’ve seen of this event, it is sure to be luxurious, so I feel sorry for anyone that doesn’t step their game up. They will surely stick out like a sore thumb :( boo hoo

20. V says:

I like them but I seriously don’t know about all that for a 3 hour concert. When I go see Beyonce I get down! I stand the whole time and my voice is hoarse after from all the cheering and singing. I’d still try to glam it up a bit but deff more casual

21. bella says:

@V exactly. clearly most of these girls have never been to a Beyonce concert

22. Rebecca says:

This is too much for a concert! I can be glam with flats!! Lol concerts may require a lot of wait time and mor than likely you’ll be standing so these heels are a no go for me

23. Sydni says:

she included the background on the white topshop dress. polyvore 101!

24. Sydni says: