May 18th, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• CW TV has announced the changes coming to America’s Next Top Model. Model Rob Evans will serve on the judging panel alongside Kelly CutroneKaty Perry‘s stylist, Johnny Wujek is the show’s new creative consultant. In addition to these changes, the audience will be able to vote to determine who to keep, and who to eliminate. The show will move to a new time, Friday from 8 to 9 pm. I don’t like this one bit. The only way these changes will be okay in my book is if Rob Evans shows up shirtless to each judging panel. Yes, that’ll do. (CW Blog)

• Fashionista talked to Kelly Cutrone about her ex-assistant, Brunson Kelly, who was stealing from her. Kelly worked for Cutrone for a few months, and during that time, was racking up the company debit card with charges from delivery.com. When Cutrone confronted him, he denied everything. Now, she’s filing a police report against the ex-assistant, after he and his parents refused to settle the matter with monetary restitution. (Fashionista)

• Turns out Vogue UK’s Adele cover was one of their worst-selling issues ever. Editor-in-Chief Alexandra Shulman said, “Adele is the most popular woman in the world, but one of the worst sellers we’ve ever had. I find there has to be a relationship with the person on the cover that goes beyond how they look.” (Vogue UK)

Burberry is the latest luxury brand to receive a hefty sum against Chinese counterfeiters. Bootleggers running impostor sites like yesburberryvision.com and buyburberry.com, will pay the British brand $100 million in damages, and their sites will automatically redirect to Burberry’s official page. (Telegraph)

Kanye West is planning to screen new short film, ‘Cruel Summer,‘ at Cannes next week. West and his people say the flick is “a fusion of short film and art installation” and an “immersive seven-screen experience.” In other words, it’s the best short film Kanye West has ever seen. (Huff Post)

~Jihan

17 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: New ANTM Judges Announced, Adele’s Vogue UK Cover One of Their Worst Sellers, and Kanye West to Debut Short Film”

1. Savage says:

I’m over Mr. West…

2. Indigo says:

F#ck Vogue!! It’s not Adele! They did it to themselves… I hate that Vogue made this comment about Adele, it wasn’t needed. I’m pretty sure there were others that were placed on the cover,that didn’t do as well as others. This is a perfect example of why you should be true to yourself! I’d rather see Adele on Lucky,Marie Claire or any other magazine cover alike.

3. Fabulous Mama says:

oh, the “NEW” direction of top model is an American Idol type show for models…I guess Tyra.
    *and everybody knows that firday night tv is like death!

4. In other words, it’s the best short film Kanye West has ever seen. #DEAD!

5. cupidblitzen says:

I like Kelly Cutrone. I’m kind of interested in ANTM again, now that she is hosting.

Good luck to her assistant on ever finding another job. Lol

Can’t WAIT to see Kanye’s film. Kanye/Cudi stan over here!

6. cupidblitzen says:

Oh, apparently Kelly was on this season, too. Whoops!

7. vain319 says:

I like vogue,but I think they could of made her look more “exciting”.I am no graphics major,but it looks(the cover)flat and boring.when I was a teen I use to buy vogue and other fashion mags with my lunch money..lol..this cover would not have made me want to do forgo the lunch..Adele is pretty,and very talented,they could’ve done better..imho..Vogue does need a fresher edge..like Vogue Italian

8. Kitkat says:

I think there is a difference in what people say they want and what they will actually support. Where were the women who were calling for size diversity when this cover came out? I actually thought this would be one of their best sellers, because of Adele as an artist, and what she represents(real women).

9. HowISeeIt says:

In other words, it’s the best short film Kanye West has ever seen. Ha! Good one Jihan! I still love me some ‘Ye!
    I haven’t watched ANTM in forever, but I’m sure even with all its upgrades, a Friday night slot is a set-up for low ratings. Wish Tyra the best though!
    Adele is beautiful, yet, I don’t even like the cover. *Side eye* to the Editor-in-Chief, “I find there has to be a relationship with the person on the cover that goes beyond how they look,” isn’t that what her music’s for? ijs

10. Dani says:

Welp, guess Im finally hanging up my ANTM addiction. Too many unnecessary changes. Tyra lost me w/ Nigel… how the HELL can you get rid of NIGEL?! *le sigh* It was fun while it lasted.

11. My Response says:

Oh boy there goes ANTM. i don’t like Kelly and they moved it to Friday night. Worst decision they could make. Good luck with that.

12. Samira says:

I think the Top Model time slot switch is going to do it in…but I guess I can watch it while I’m getting ready to go out for the evening. They should have kept it towards the beginning of the week when people are takin it easy. I also hate the fact that that sexy drink of water Nigel is gone :( I met him in person once, he’s absolutely stunning

13. Alexandria says:

why Tyra! Whhyy! Nigel and the Jays helped make the show! And the voting thing I agree is a little American Idol model edition..not to mention the Friday night slot?? I dont like this at all smh

14. tammy m. says:

The editor seems to be talking about Adele’s appeal as far as popularity not size. Adele while being extremely talented is not very fashion forward, so the appeal to pick up the issue would have to ride off of her fame overseas alone.

She may have to focus more touring overseas.

15. ALO says:

tyra doing ANTM like Australia … as for Adele magazine always do head shots for her not her entire body.. people are tried of seeing the same old head shot of her ,,it repetitive and look alike only difference are the different magazines.

16. krystel says:

bootleggers…..

17. Tisha says:

I love Adele, she is a reflection of most women in the world (body type). I would pay to see her in concert before Rhianna etc. because she can REALLY sing that’s with and without music. Most entertainers are so busy running their a$$es cross stage trying to camo their true voice, stand your a$$ still and sing.