May 15th, 2012
Fashion News
By Jihan

20120515-114549.jpg

L’Uomo Vogue‘s May issue is dedicated entirely to the “rebranding of Africa,” showing a side of the continent different from the war-torn, poverty stricken representations we often see in the media. The issue celebrates Africa’s thriving culture– its artists, musicians, and of course, its growing fashion scene.

Cover model and UN secretary general Ban Ki-Moon, says “Africa does not need charity, Africa needs investment and partnership.” What do you think? (Fashionista)

Louis Vuitton is planning to produce stationery, so in addition to food and gas, you can pay too much for paper. (WWD)

Tyson Beckford admitted that he does indeed have a sex tape, but according to him it “sucks.” TMZ reports that someone is shopping around a tape of the male supermodel pleasuring himself for the entertainment of a female model, which doesn’t sound very titillating at all. You can’t say he didn’t warn us! (Global Grind/ TMZ)

• Model Isabeli Fontana is engaged to Rohan Marley. The two will wed in Ethiopia, because according to the twice divorced Fontana, “Rohan told me we have to return to the roots so the marriage will last forever.” And she believed him. Rohan Marley has fathered seven children, including the offspring of Lauryn Hill, with whom he was in an unmarried relationship for 15 years. (Vogue UK)

• So it seems my suspicions were correct, and it indeed was Kidult who defaced Marc Jacobs‘s Mercer Street store last week. But the story doesn’t end there. Kidult, who has graffitied his fair share of high-end boutiques, usually silkscreens a photo of his handiwork on t-shirts which he sells for $40 a pop. Not this time. Marc Jacobs is already selling t-shirts depicting the crime, charging a whopping $680 for each tee. The brand tweeted a photo of the shirt with the caption “Available now for $689. Signed by the artist, $680.” The shade! Kidult is, understandably, upset. The artist tweeted in response: “LET’S PLAY, but we don’t play by the same rules!!” (Global Grind)

~Jihan

22 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: L’Uomo Vogue Rebrands Africa, Tyson Beckford Sex Tape Being Shopped, and Isabeli Fontana to Wed Rohan Marley”

1. Bella says:

Rohan , one word MEN

2. Isabeli Fontana better run for the fu*cking hills! And I don’t mean Lauryn Hill…Marc got Mr. Spray Paint good, huh? But who’s gonna pay $700, when they can get it for $40?

3. Marsha D says:

I hate to bash black men but Rohan need a good a$$ whooping….like a good “go get me a switch” whooping…..smdh….

4. Savage says:

Please she’s been divorced twice and isn’t even 30! He better run too lol

5. Toni says:

Totally did L Boogie wrong,so Isabeli better watch her back!
    Iknow Marc got him really good……..

6. Utibe A. says:

@Savage, I know right? Both of them are looney. I’m sorry, but I’d rather be single than date a man with SEVEN kids… SEVEN!!!!! Really? I don’t have kids yet, so becoming step-mommy to SEVEN little rascals will NEVER happen.

@Jihan, you took the words right out of my mouth: “…so in addition to food and gas, you can pay too much for paper.” Louis V. is straight tripping. The truth is, label whores will be quick to buy that crap too. Shameful.

I’m not even mad at Marc Jacobs. The price is ridiculous, but that is a way to turn a situation around in your favor. People will buy those shirts; it most definitely will NOT be me. lol

And Jihan, you are so FUNNY to me. You have such a way with words. I love your posts. ♥

7. Indigo says:

LOL@ Savage… Right!?! lol
    He got her open with the root line. LOL

8. zimbabwechic says:

1. Tyson Beckford strikes me as the kind of man who sucks in bed. He’s just seems like a selfish two pump chump.
    2. Rohan Marley, one word: REALLY?
    3. Why put a Korean man on the cover if you’re celebrating Africa have we run out of people on our continent who are doing things there big enough for the cover of Vogue?

9. Indigo says:

Tyson is gay… And the “sex tape” is a bunch of BS! He was playing with himself,that’s not sex!! He’s frontin like he is having sex with women,but then you read he was playing with himself…smh. Who would put out a tape,then say it sucks? I know a straight man wouldn’t say he sucks in bed,but hey, Tyson really does suck in bed. lol He needs to just come out already!

10. kitkat says:

Africa is turning into little Asia, an in depth story about that I would like to read.

11. um….so Isabella must me dickmatized or something, it’s clear that Lauren wasn’t even herself when she with this man, she parted with him and she seems much better judging from the pictures, and thats crazy 5 damn kids? She better not let that man ruin her damn career. I wouldn’t be marrying anybody who seems so damn carefree about relationships.

12. BeBe Jones says:

Great post Jihan, as always!!! However, from the beginning of the news down to the foot is all W-R-O-N-G!!! *smh*

13. Can says:

Boy oh boy… what black men do for non AA women. Drag us thru the mud for years and the first one they get, they put a ring on it.

14. whatevs says:

Wow…talk about a dirty dog…how can you even look at your children in the face…Isabella better be ready for her “life” with him as well…that’s some dirty shit…

15. Sandra says:

For real! What kind of woman will settle for a Marley? Lauren lost her mind when she started going out with this dude. Look at what happened to her? She was no longer the same.

16. makeeasweet says:

lauren isnt really a victim.she was with the guy 15 years and kept popping out babies with him and no ring on her finger.no woman should go crazy like that over some fool,most likely all the children she had was just her trying to keep her “man”.marley is definitely a horrible person for stringing her along.the fact that Isabella been married twice by age 30,most likely mean she fall in and out love easily .i hope she break marley heart,a guy like that doesnt deserve a happy ending.

17. kitkat says:

He that has satisfied his thirst turns his back on the well, that about sums up Lauryn’s current situation and Isabeli’s future.

18. soon2Bmrs says:

SMH @ Rohan. Be with a woman for 15 years, give her all them babies & go marry some twice divorced lil model. Oh the nerve!!

@Eat.Style.Play I’m sure she is dickmitized, those Jamaican men will have you in a daze lol….at least the ones I know

19. Jihan says:

@soon2bmrs, I will agree with you 3,000% on Jamaican men. They are like my weakeness. I always have to stay away!!

and @utibe, thanks so much! :)

20. randomness says:

Moon is right, Africa does not need charity – after all that’s where all the natural resources are. We need partnerships that are not exploitative and self serving.

21. m1zzdlady says:

@soon2bmrs and @Jihan Um yea, I stay farrrrrrrr from Jamaican men….the wickedest men out there!

22. Wow says:

Damn at least I’m not the only one with a weakness for Jamaican men. So many of them are so terrible :-(