May 14th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
Weekend Hot! or Hmm… Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Jada Pinkett Smith, and More!
By Faith

Happy Monday!

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend and showed your mommies some appreciation!

It was a busy weekend with celeb sightings, concerts, and movie premieres happening worldwide. Summer is just around the corner which means that everyone is yearning to be outdoors and the paparazzi are never far away.

Let’s get into this weekend’s looks shall we?

Rihanna treated her mommy to a fab Mother’s Day Dinner in NYC and did it in a long shirtdress left unbuttoned to show her black bandeau, high-waist trousers, $845 Azzedine Alaia Suede and PVC Sandals, and an oversize kiss lock Miu Miu clutch. I’ll take these accessories please!

Her makeup was kept fresh and she didn’t put much effort into her hair which was fine for her ensemble. Looking good Rih!

Nicki Minaj took her talents to Carson, California and performed at 102.7 KIIS FM’s Wango Tango concert. She rocked an all-white getup that was “Like A Virgin” gone bondage. Oh Nicki…

Despite her crazy onstage look, her makeup was on point! The blonde lace front isn’t going anywhere ya’ll so we’ll just have to deal. She’s clearly a pretty woman to even be able to rock it without looking a complete mess!

Kat Graham was also spotted at Wango Tango in an asymmetrical zipper detailed dress. She accessorized with black Doc Martens. Hmm…

She wore an 80′s style curly ponytail atop her head. Kat lives for edge, but this look is entirely too busy! I am also totally confused as to why she went blonde: it really isn’t a color for everyone. Consult your stylists ladies!

Now moving onto the fellas at Wango Tango… J. Cole looked cool in a varsity jacket boasting his initials, camo pants, and high-top sneakers. Hot!

Varsity jackets are clearly a big trend for guys because Diggy Simmons also rocked one at Wango Tango. He paired his with a printed tee, denim, and Jordans. I love Diggy’s style!

Over in Paris, the Smiths attended the Men in Black 3 European Premiere. Will looked positively dapper in all-white, while Jada covered the other end of the spectrum in a black fringe gown from Giorgio Armani which she paired with black leather Linda Sandals from Jimmy Choo. Such a hot couple!

Check out the back of Jada’s dress. Is she working it or what?

Alesha Dixon went glam at the Dorchester Hotel in London. She wore a black and gold gown from Julien Macdonald’s Fall 2011 collection.

Bombshell waves and a red lip finished off her look. One of the best ensembles of the weekend!

Over in NYC, Mariah Carey and her hubby attended the Project Canvas Charity Event. She kept it neutral in a zip-front dress and $825 Yves Saint Laurent Tribute Patent Leather Pumps. Cute!

She lightened up her locks and rocked a nude lip. Mimi went a little heavy on the foundation, but other than that she looks great.

Zoe Saldana was spotted in New York City in a casual look including a cardigan, striped dress, and woven gladiator sandals. She looks relaxed and polished, though her pink bag was not the best choice of accessory.

Jessica Alba got in some family time in LA with her daughters and husband. She rocked a beloved scarf with $210 Earnest Sewn Cotton Candy Harlan Jeans and a pair of leather high-top sneakers. Loving this look!

Continuing the colored denim trend, Eva Longoria was also spotted in LA, indulging in some pampering. She wore a button-front blouse with pink skinnies and $650 Miu Miu Criss Cross Sandals. Eva is slowly climbing up my list of best-dressed ladies every week! She has really been getting it right lately and does simple and chic so well.

Misa Hylton Brim attended the Simone I. Smith trunk show at Neiman Marcus in Atlanta. Drooling over her $695 Pierre Hardy Canvas Multi Color Wedges!

Rita Ora loves to party and she did just that at the Whisky Mist in London. She paired her beloved Christian Louboutin Unbout Illusion Pumps with an edgy leather dress and studded clutch.

She hardly ever leaves home without a red lip and she rocked it here. I personally like this look a lot: it isn’t for everyone but I think Rita wears it well.

Who had your favorite looks this weekend?

43 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm… Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Jada Pinkett Smith, and More!”

1. mesa says:

Does rihanna ever do anything to her hair*? Lol. She looks pretty tho. I liked everyones outfit!!

2. jasmine says:

why is nicki still appearing on this site?

3. Indigo says:

Nicki’s lacefront is tight! I like her hairline… Some females need to ask Claire where she get that from. lol

4. iHeartKeya says:

Kat Graham’s too pretty for the foolishness lol, if she had a better stylist she’d Slay! As for everyone else, they look nice. Nicki looks a little crazy but I still like her. Rihanna looks cute and I like Rita Ora’s dress, it’s edgy. <3

5. I think kat looks good with blond hair

6. Savage says:

Lmao @ Indigo!! Nicki is specializing in being a hot mess…Robin looks fresh, and Rita looks underwhemling…She just doesn’t do it for me.

7. Brittany says:

Everytime I see Rita Ora, I’m like who is this woman?

8. mesa says:

Lmao@indigo!! And does rihanna ever do her hair? She always looks like she just rolled out of bed I like her outfit tho. Lol.

9. YahnaM says:

I like Kat as a blond also! Misa’s shoes hunniiiiiiiiii are the bomb.com lol

10. Mocha says:

When will this Rita Ora chick go away? Not fond of her at. all

11. makeeasweet says:

eva,alba and zoe all do simple and chic the best.im glad rihanna got rid of that grudge look she was going for before.i know in the type of business she in,mean she have to change her style all the time.but the grudge looks were the worse i have ever seen her look.

12. Indigo says:

I haven’t seen Diddy’s baby momma(w/Misa) on a blog in a long time.. Now she can dress! I wish I could see more of her fashions on FBD. Misa’s shoes are FIRE!!!! But she ALWAYS looks off.

13. ohyeah says:

Did someone style Mariah! She looks great. Not her typical getup.

14. Can says:

I agree with the post above. Misa is hands down my fave. SHE is a stylist. Take notes Emily B. The girl puts together pieces like no other. And yes her shoes are a major wow factor.

SN: Nikki and her lace front, seems to go together like two peas in a pod. I HATE her hair, it looks stupid on her, she is NOT Barbie, so get off it.

15. Likkle Miss says:

I like the blonde! Gosh, how I wish Rihanna would get rid of this awful ass hairstyle. It makes every ensemble look unkempt (and I love her). Alesha’s dress is beautiful, but something about the mid-section looks weird.

16. Keesh says:

I adore Rih’s sandals!

17. soon2Bmrs says:

Love me some Misa!!! Those shoes are hot!

18. Brenda says:

I love everything Rih Rih has on. Need the info on the shirtdress, clutch and sandals. Is Rita Ora’s clutch and Ipad case? If it is I want one.

19. Marley says:

Rihanna just had to bare her stomach on mother’s day -__-

I can’t agree with anything this chic does these days, written off, I’m sorry. she does look polished and better than she has in like 2 years.

I see the resemblance between her and Rita, they both have this babyface skull thing going for them. And a similar build.

I MISS DANIELLE WTF IS GOING ON?!

20. Bonifant says:

lol imma need Rih not to slick down ‘baby hurr’ 3 inches from her hairline. Cmon girl buy something to stimulate those edges.

PS Zoe has great casual looks and how cute is it her sharing the earphones with her sis :)

21. savetheday says:

true, where is danielle?

22. fashion bombshell says:

Jada killed it, Mariah has some clothes on that fit…………. miracles happen everyday.

23. Lisa says:

Rihanna looks great! Mariah finally got it right!

24. NikkiB says:

I like Rih’s shoes. MiMi’s dress. Jada was on point with her look. Loved the Multi-Color Wedges.

25. Rihanna looks laid back and chill. Mariah finally got it right! Loves Alisha’s hair, but that dress is fug. Misa’s outfit is cute, but she over did it with that matching scarf—this isn’t 1995. Loves Jessica and Eva’s denim and Rita looks cute and clubtastic.

26. aries says:

Rihanna outfit is sexy and looks comfortable. i would have to do the shirt button up though, not ready to release my abs. i enjoy seeing Sarah, Misa and Eva Longoria and Jada and Mariah Carey. some different people. Mariah looks pretty.

27. Anim says:

im starting to think ms. minaj is appearing on this site just to fill up space

28. blow my candles out says:

eva longoria – love the simple chic color blocking
    the coloured jeans are cute accessorised with the hermes bag
    jessica albas jeans caught my eye – they would looked better with summer sandals
    prob those givenchy flats :) shes all gd though

29. My Response says:

Oh lord the rihanna stans are attacking Rita as usual. She isn’t going anywhere she’s roc nation and they are pushing her like crazy now.
    Everyone except for Nicki and the that girl with those ugly shoes looked good.

30. Carmen Iris says:

I know it was a performance and costumes are not street clothes… but is Nicki letting toddlers dress her now? It’s not the crazy I even object to, it’s the sort of childish nature of so many of her outfits lately. A tutu? with white tights and high tops? SMH

31. Cookie says:

Rita, girl! Please do something about the monochromatic look you have going on! The hair and the skin are the same color! The color of blah!

where is Danielle?????!!!!!!!!!!

33. Cynthia says:

Noooo Nicki….

34. Syreeta says:

Diddy’s baby mommas look great Rihanna always makes effortless look chic, Mariah ‘Meh I guess? Hey if Nick loves it that’s all that matters Jada always fab never flawed and Oh nicki you can’t be mad she was in costume so it’s ok to look foolish

35. Jinx Moneypenny says:

Lovelovelove what Rih is wearing. This is one of the few times her hair works with everything else.

Jada and Alesha look fab.

Adore what Mariah’s wearing but she needed more colour in her face; she looks washed out with the super light hair and nude lip.

Katrina is too pretty to be barely looking right 9 times outta 10. Her stylist needs to hit the road.

Rita doesn’t do it for me musically or stylewise 95% of the time but her body judging from those pics posted is SICK!!!! I am not mad at that!

36. Harare Mbama says:

Most Improved Player Award goes to Mariah. Stunning!

Eva can do no wrong in my eyes

37. Claire says:

For everyone asking where Danielle is…she left The Fashion Bomb to focus on her own site and pursuits. She was supposed to write a ‘goodbye’ post, but alas…
    So you’re stuck with us! Sorry.
    xoxo, Claire

38. Tessa B says:

Rihanna + Eva Longoria look great! Kat Graham is so pretty but that look she has going is a fail. Jessica Alba looks cute and comfy…

39. Marley says:

Hi Claire, thanks for the clearing up.

But that comment about a goodbye post was so unnecessary, you come of as quite unprofessional for saying something bad about your colleague to total strangers.

Just a piece of advice. I guess there is some hurt there or something, but it still is something you solve behind closed doors.

As a Claire AND Danielle fan, I feel responsible to point that out to you..

40. Brittany says:

Marley, I don’t think there was anything unprofessional about Claire’s comments regarding Danielle’s goodbye.
    I took it more like we planned to do a goodbye post, but life happened/everyone was busy so it didn’t happen.

41. Keshia says:

Loving Misa’s wedges. Sidenote: the lady she is standing beside is Diddy’s other babymother named Sarah.

42. heidi says:

hey claire! i was wondering if you can tell me what the shoes are that rihannas wearing with her outfit! i love them so much! please let me know if you find out :) x

43. heidi says:

I JUST READ THE POST AGAIN!! DOESNT MATTER!