May 14th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Diane Von Furstenberg, Shopping
By Faith

Along with Misa Hylton Brim, Tameka Foster also attended the Simone I. Smith Trunk Show in Atlanta. For the occasion, she wore orange t-strap sandals with a $565 Diane von Furstenberg Laramie Belted Maxi Dress:

Her silk woven floor-length shirtdress features a relaxed fit and self tie-waist, in a bold deep coral African tulip print.

Loving how Tameka styled this look! I definitely want to see her out and about more often if these are the kinds of ensembles she wears on the regular.

You can get her dress at www.dvf.com.

Are you feeling Tameka’s look? If so, get it here.

*You may remember a Bombshell also asked about this look in last week’s Mail Bombs. Reminisce in this post.

22 Responses to “Splurge: Tameka Foster’s Simone I. Smith Trunk Show Diane von Furstenberg Laramie Belted Maxi Dress”

1. Harare Mbama says:

I love a l’il DVF and the brand’s easy chic prints. Tameka didn’t do the dress justice looking a tad too top heavy it in. Opening the buttons to show a l’il leg a la Jolie also cheapens it. Great dress – not so great styling, mitchy-matchup shoes and perhaps inappropriate occasion.

2. Harare Mbama says:

“mitchy-matchy” NOT “mitchy-matchup”

3. Harare Mbama says:

Mitchy-matchy NOT mitchy-matchup

4. V says:

wow. i have seen this print in stores and i loved it. i love dvf. but this does not look good on her. it should have because orange is a great color on us brown girls. i do wish she had a different shoe–maybe brown instead of orange…but nothing wrong with matching. i guess she didn’t want the shoes to be a focal point.

5. Mmonroe says:

Some nude or even black shoes would’ve complemented the dress much better. The dress itself looks ok, but it doesn’t seem to fit her that well

6. Dyanna says:

This dress does absolutely nothing for her. I adore DVF, but this dress just makes me say ‘Hmmm’ here. It’s the type of dress that doesn’t have much shape to it, so it could easily end up wearing you; which is what happened. A wider belt would have helped her out a little though. Love those shoes!

7. Love that dress…..and I agree with Mmonroe, nude shoes would have worked better.

8. cmbrown827 says:

I don’t like the shoes with the dress. I agree that nude or black shoes would be best!!

9. Izhause says:

Gawd Her! She’s Alien in a dress. Very Scary Woman!

10. Izhause says:

In no way on earth does that woman make that cute dress look good!

11. Confused? says:

I love the dress I don’t really like it on her….oan when I post comments I always have the same icon I just find it weird that there is this one person who posts 6 or 7 different comments with different names has the same icon lol we know it’s you girl knock it off smh. It’s ok that you have alot to say lol…does anyone else notice this person?

12. The truth says:

This dress is made for a tall and thin girl. She at least needs a belt to better define her waist.

13. Latanya says:

I think the orange shoes are spot on. Black or nude would’ve not worked. I do think a wide better to cinch her waist would have sealed the deal but she look gorg nontheless.

14. aries says:

i love that dress, i don’t know about Tameka’s choice of shoes and how she is wearing it. the dress looks comfortable, but Tameka doesn’t look comfortable wearing it.

15. Toni says:

The dress it awesome, but Tameka stlying does it no justice…..
    Just not liking it on her.

16. Ang says:

Sistah-Girls, You Guys Sound Like Ya Have A Personal Vendetta Against Tameka Chileee ! Nonetheless We All Are Entitled To Our Opinion, Tameka You Look Dashing Darling & Ladies, When We Give “Constructive Criticism’ Please Be Sure To Note, Just Cause You Would Style It Differently Doesn’t Mean The Person Didn’t Do The Outfit Justice, I Rest My Case #Chuuch !

17. TaTa says:

I know those are fendi shoes because I crave the blue pair.

18. dyshaun says:

I like it!

19. Chris styles says:

She looks classy …I like it a lot.

20. mamareese says:

She looks fab!!! Girl bounce back from that oyung man breaking you heart!!!!