May 14th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Monica took the stage at the James L. Knight center in Miami, Florida this weekend for a Mother’s Day concert. She kept things relatively simple, opting for a pair of dark wash jeans and black t-shirt, but uplifted her look with a pair of $1,075 Christian Louboutin Daffodile platforms, and a $3,660 Roberto Cavalli satin printed blazer.

The blazer features a single button, low stance, padded shoulders, black trim, and extended lapels.

Daphne Groenveld modeled it on Cavalli’s Spring 2012 runway.

If you love the jacket, it’s available for purchase on the Roberto Cavalli website.

What do you think?

~Jihan

Photos by: JLN Photography/wenn

33 Responses to “Splurge: Monica Brown’s James L. Knight Center Roberto Cavalli Spring 2012 Printed Blazer”

1. Wallflower says:

I think Monica must have some kind of record for ‘Most Expensive Blazer Collection’ on Earf.

2. aries says:

i like the way the model is wearing it. i actually think Monica would have look nice with the flower pants. the only time i have liked an outfit that Monica wore was when she wore a cream colored dress with the snake green CL heels. she is beautiful, i just don’t look to her for fashion.

3. The jacket is hot! I too think Monica would have looked nice wearing both pieces, but then again she or her stylist would have done something to mess it up.

4. Kitty B. says:

Love the blazer!! I see Monica is really enjoying Shannon Brown’s money….

5. DarkEmpress says:

I really do not like how she paired her suit with a Tshirt! What?Why? Crazy! The runway version is better!

6. dyshaun says:

Monica shouldve worn the head to toe look!

7. Darling Cocoa says:

I love Monica to death, however, I am BORED TO TEARS with her constant blazer+skinny jean combo. Please Mrs. Brown, give me a little variety.

8. makeeasweet says:

@ kitty b
    you do know monica have her own money right?

love the blazer,but she definitely play it safe with this outfit.there nothing wrong with loving blazers,i think we all through a fashion phase when we really a love certain item and wear it to death.you wouldnt believe how many different cardigens i have,lol.

9. AmazinRee says:

That’s my girl!!

10. Dionne says:

I agree with everyone else! Monica is so pretty & her hair & makeup is usually on point BUT its always somethin about her style that just can NEVER get right! :-(

11. Kitty B. says:

@makeeasweet Mpnicas money is NOT that long…she hasnt had a hit since Angel of MIne and barely sells records….shes been leeching of off other ppl for as long as i can remember!

12. Danielle says:

I saw a better looking blazer at the thrift store for $11.

What these people drop racks on….. pure foolishness. Roberto have several.. upon several of these > _/

13. FBD Lover says:

I wonder if she really owns all of these pieces or just borrows them for appearances

14. SxyDread says:

I just wish she hadn’t played down the blazer so much. she always gets these gorgeous blazers and wears them in the most basic, boring ways…

15. Lola A. says:

@Kitty B. Since your her personal accountant can you offer up any financial tips O_o she SPENDIN HIS AND YOU COUNTING HERS #imlost…anywhoo it is very blah she should have wore the panys too!

16. Lydia says:

I love that blazer. I wish I had the money to purchase it. Lol

17. Latanya says:

I always try to be positive but is Monica allergic to dresses?!?! I LOVE her and I think she looks absolutely fabulous each and every time but I am BORED to no end with the blazers.

18. Harare Mbama says:

Monica can wear every single expensive piece ever made and still not look stylish. She’s a really beautiful woman whose make-up is always but on point but she never owns any of her looks. A lot of ‘celebrities’ suffer from this Too-Much-Money-And-No-Real-Style Syndrome and simply butcher high end brands. High on my list of these offenders are The Very Rich Nene and Lala.

19. Shanon says:

Love this blazer & Monica looks amazing in these colors. (:

-Shanon

20. makeeasweet says:

@kitty b

just because she didnt have a hit in a while,doesnt mean she cant afford to buy her own clothes.she might have invested her money into other ventures.her net worth is about 15 million,so she can afford to buy that blazer.i get so annoyed when other woman try to down play another woman success and finance because they married a rich guy.the fact that she still performing prove she still making her OWN money.

21. Kitty B. says:

@Lola I’m an accountant but not Monica’s

22. Lola A. says:

@kitty the amount of more ppl that you need for me to believe that could fill madison square because if so you would know that investing correctly….living within her means and going plat at a time where albums where 19.99 and you could not bootleg them would have set her up for many many many years oh and she has did shows as well.

23. Kitty B. says:

@Lola your jealousy is beyond me and is actually very sad….it shows you have yet to accomplish anything in your sad little life, but once you do and you actually have the funds to work with an accountant CONTACT ME…your working with the worong ppl boo, i can HELP you believe me :)

24. Lola A. says:

LOL jealous??? says the woman that hated on another woman that she does not know personally and stated that she had to spend a mans money to obtain merterialistic things child #getyourlife and lets be clear even if you where a forensic accountant for the feds you would not make close to what someone in my career path makes yearly at a entry level position hun and sorry to tell ya but I do not live a sorry life but that is not because of my material things it is because of the things that money cant buy BUT if I chose to run out like “new money” and blow through bergdof like a mad women I could because I count my money and not that of those that I clearly know nothing about :-)

25. Kitty B. says:

@Lola you need a life boo boo, this isnt healthy and hating on me won’t make your said useless life any better or entertaining! from a hobby or something better to do, sheesh!!!

26. Kitty B. says:

You stans lose it over the SIMPLIEST things…these celebs are not paying you to be their soldiers lmaooooo

27. Shantae says:

I think the model and blazer look beautiful

28. laurafashionablyblessed says:

ok so this is what it is with monica for me….i think shes all skinny legs. so a short blazer and skinny pants i wouldnt do..evelyns basketball wives reunion ensemble that was posted today she can do all day long..she wears great items they’re just great for other body types.

29. Tessa B says:

That blazer is everything!

30. Briana says:

Love the blazer I am so tired of her blazer+skinnes+Louboutins combo!!! Arghhhh!!!!

31. ohyeah says:

Not that she looks it here, but I think Monica may be pregnant. She’s been rocking a lot of loose shirts and blazers lately.

32. soon2Bmrs says:

Love the blazer! Monica looks nice, but like most of you I wish she would give a little more variety.

33. xi zane says:

bless her for not wearing the entire suit.