/* analytics code */
• Nicole Richie is the latest celebrity designer to be accused of knocking off another brand. Last year, Richie was spotted in a white Odylyne dress with billowy sleeves, braided belt, and an asymmetrical hem. Now, an almost exact copy of the dress is being sold as part of her Winter Kate Spring 2012 collection.
The dresses do look similar… What do you think? (Radar)
• Indian Vogue is creating a fund to bring emerging Indian designers to the forefront of fashion. (FT)
• Executives over at Betsey Johnson have received the go-ahead to start liquidating the company’s assets. In addition to a massive sale of Betsey Johnson items, the company will also be selling its store fixtures: furniture, clothing racks– the works. Most of the brand’s 69 boutiques will close, and only a few of the 400 staff members will keep their jobs. (The Cut)
• Meanwhile, British label Aquascutum has been sold to Asian licensing company, YGM. If you remember, Aquascutum filed for the British equivalent of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy a month ago. But now, thanks to YGM, the brand is saved, as are the jobs of over 100 employees. (Vogue UK)
• Christian Louboutin is launching a beauty line next year. Christian Louboutin Beauté is coming to a makeup stand near you. While specific products in the range have yet to be announced, WWD says the collection “promise[s] to break the mold,” which means, it probably won’t. (Styleite)