May 11th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Solange Knowles
By Faith

Jay-Z never stops working and his newest endeavor is his cognac named D’ussé. He had a launch party for the liquor at the Top of the Standard in New York City and it was a star-studded event with the likes of his sister-in-law, Solange Knowles, Adrienne Bailon, Pharrell Williams, Jake Gyllenhaal, and many more showing up to celebrate.

Jay-Z looked pretty fresh in a blazer, charcoal tee, denim, and his Air Yeezys. Unlike his friend Kanye, he rarely goes flashy, but added a bit of bling with platinum and gold chains.

Solange rocked my favorite look of the night including a $495 Rag & Bone Silver Tuxedo Blazer, a white tank which she tucked into a black mini, $760 Bottega Veneta Strappy Patent Sandals, and a cool flap clutch. Hot! Wait. Do you think she borrowed her blazer from Beyoncé? I mean, I would!

She kept her Met Gala ‘fro and red lips finished off her ensemble.

Adrienne Bailon was in the house in a bow tie, sheer cold shoulder blouse, gold shorts, and black pumps. Cute! This is great styling at work, though her blouse shouldn’t have been sheer: she’s already got quite a few things going on.

A perfectly coiffed chignon and hot pink lips added the finishing touches to her look. Gorgeous!

Last, but not least was Pharrell who never leaves home without wearing something eccentric! He wore a knit beanie with a plaid shirt, Chanel combat boots, and $204 BBC Stencil Washed Denim from his own Bee Line Collection. I expect any and everything from Pharrell and this look is right in line with his style. Personally, I love it!

Not sure how I feel about the blond hair, but this man can make virtually anything work. He hasn’t aged in I don’t know how long either.

What do you think? Who had your favorite look?

Images: Wireimage

21 Responses to “On The Scene: Jay-Z, Adrienne Bailon, Pharrell Williams, and more at the D’ussé Cognac Launch in New York City”

1. mesa says:

Jay looks good!! And I love solo in yellow that is mos def her color…..and…….@pharell look. He clearly got dressed in the dark lol

2. laurafashionablyblessed says:

So i cant with jay right now dressing exactly like kanye right now.Whats next tomorrow am i gonna see his pants unzipped and his thigh exposed?Solange looks freaking perfect!!!i dont really speak on adrienne so im not gonna pick right now to start,and pharell can do no wrong.

3. mary says:

i dont understand the look on pharells face……constipation? love Solo, and andrienne….. well…… there’s allways a trashcan at a party. why is she overdone and overexposed yet again. sheesh

4. MonaLisa_310 says:

Adrienne Baillon seems to have been doing the most lately. meh… Solo is always a hit! Love her!

5. Anastasia says:

Love jay & solo’s look! Hate pharrel & adrienne’s looks :/

6. Reeseecup23 says:

Jay looks good here i think! He didnt do his usual Timberland boots which i appreciate. Solo looks great and effortless per the usual. Adrienne’s look is actually cute, however, the tie is a bit sloppy and she should have done black sequin shorts instead IMO. Pharrell?…thats just Pharrell lol

7. Shanita says:

Go SOLO!!! She exudes FIERCE. Jigsaw…oops, I mean Adrienne needs to cut the crap

8. *taps JayZ on shoulder* you’re knocking on 50′s door, dress like it.
    Pharrell, I love you. But that hair….
    Solo, thank you for being the only one that gave me a little fashion life in this post!
    Adrienne, stop.

9. Jackie says:

Pharrell is hot and he could wear ketchup bottles taped to his body and I wouldn’t care. Solange looks gorgeous and yellow is definitely her color. Adrienne looks really cute here and I don’t mind the sheer shirt with the bow tie and the sequins…it all just seems authentically her

10. like_really_ray says:

The only problem I have with the cheetah girl is the fact that her bra is showing, other than that she’s cute. Solange ALWAYS so out so no surprise there. Jay should just keep it cute & gentlemanly like (no Jeezy look a likes please) & Pharell hasn’t aged in the face however his attire screams Chris Brown, which is a NO SIR!

11. Shawn says:

Get it Jay!! He looks handsome these days!

12. tasha says:

Loving Adrienne’s outfit..

13. nike says:

I clicked on just for Jayz!!

14. Angelese says:

I love when Jay smiles…he can wear whatever he wants. There’s no designated uniform for any man at any age (so how does one dress 42?), and he’s not the everyday, older guy walking the aisles at your grocery store. Even if he was, I’d still feel there’s no need to rock a 3 piece suit just to look “cute and gentlemanly like” every single day until death comes. My father is in his 60s and he wears tees and jeans with sneakers unless he going to somebody’s church, wedding, graduation, or funeral.

I love Solange’s look. Those red lips work here. Pharrell just know he fine, I’d give him a baby or five.

15. Loves me some Jay, he’s lookin’ real good here. I want to snatch those baby hairs right out of Adrienne’s scalp. Pharell needs to lay off the drugs…

16. Nikki says:

@ Angelese THANK YOU. I am so tired of people demanding someone older to dress a certain way. As long as you’re not 42 wearing mickey mouse underwear so damn be it. Jay Z knows when to bring out those Testoni’s

17. soon2Bmrs says:

Adrienne is the new Gabby. This child never misses an event.

18. Really says:

Pharrell’s girlfriend in the background looks awful. Union jack boots!! & double denim!! lmao!!

19. Minnesota says:

Once again Adrienne looks CRAZY! That outfit is horrible!
    Solange is doing her thing! She has been on point for a while. Lovin’, Lovin’ her style. Maybe she can give a few pointers to the cheetah chick.

20. Miyoshi says:

I love Pharrell but he surely loves those Chanel boots. Does he ever take them off? He wears them to every event, and even in his new Gap campaign, hes wearing them. I looove solange. Jay looks cool. Adrienne…. no comment.

21. jeioko lee says:

I love everyone’s look especially Solange. Adrienne catches all the shade huh? But I agree her blush does make her look a lil Jigsaw from Saw lol. Y’all would be at every event too so gone on some where. Evidently no one has a problem with her showing up at events. Far as her relevancy she still working on music and she still host different lil segments on tv give her a break geesh. Chile can sang and she’s cute. I like her style it’s very young so I wouldn’t expect the older folk to like it lol