May 11th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Mail Bombs, Shopping

Happy Friday!
So many fantastic things are swirling in the air…here’s to success and realizing all your dreams!
Of course no Friday would be complete without weekly Mail Bombs. Let’s get to solving!
First up, Dida writes, ” Hi! I’m wondering what designer makes the shoes and handbag Brandy had on at the NARM event – they were amazing!!!!!!!?”

” Please let us know…. Her new look is killing, she is back and I’m loving it!”

Ok! Brandy debuted a new curly look in a black leather dress accented by $1,835 Versace Studded suede and mesh platform sandals:

The transparent and black dégradé lucite wedge heels measures approximately 7 inches with a 2.5 inch platform. She finished the look with a $1,495 Valentino VaVa-Voom Flap Bag:

Get her shoes here and her bag here. Ok, Brandy, we see you, gworl!

Danielle writes, “I would really like to know where Draya got her jean dress…”

“… she wore it with shaunie on her instagram photo @drayaface…please help me.”

Yep! We found that Draya was rocking this $50 Redopin Sleeveless Distressed Denim Dress from yesstyle.com:

Unfortunately the dress is no longer available. This $123 short denim dress by Diesel has a similar look:

If that’ll work, get it here.

Lola types, “Hi, I recently saw excerpts of a Po Johnson interview and photoshoot, and one of her outfits I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!”

“If you could please tell me where i could find the outfit, it would be much appreciated!”

Po was styled for Pynk Magazine in sequin shorts and green patent boots accented by this gold Jad Ghandour jacket:

It may look familiar because Ashanti has worn pants from the same collection before:

Inquire about the jacket at www.jadghandour.com. As for the rest of the outfit? I’m at a loss. Feel free to leave a comment if y’all know the score.

Next up, Erica says, “Rocsi posted a photo on Instagram yesterday and I would love to find out who is the designer of her yellow studded leather jacket she is wearing!”

” Thanks in advance!”
Rocsi divulged that the jacket brand is called Grie and she purchased it at Intermix, but we weren’t able to find the jacket online. Find an Intermix location near you by visiting www.intermixonline.com or call 1-212-741-5075 ext. 253 to inquire.

Chevelle says, “Can you plzzzzzz help me find these earrings Tyson Chandler’s wife is wearing.”

“… The outfit is hottt but I love the earrings more with that short hair cut.”

Not sure, but you can get similar earrings for a splurge or a steal here:

Nicole says, “ I’m so in love with this dress and her whole look.”

” Please help me find who makes this or any similar ideas. Thanks so much fashion bomb.”

Cassie attended the Carol’s Daughter New York launch in a $1,519 Jen Kao Cashmere/spandex Sundial Knit Dress:

Because the event was a year ago, Cassie’s dress is sold out. I haven’t been able to find anything similar, but will update once I do!

In a wardrobe query, Tia says, “I’m supposed to be going to a graduation in 2 weeks time and I need a long sleeved above knee dress in order to not offend the ultra conservatives :) I really want a bright pop of colour but I’m having no such luck finding summer dresses with sleeves.. hope you can help!”
Sure! Get a long sleeved summer look with these:

Also note that you can always top a short sleeved dress with a blazer or cardigan if you want to cover your arms.

Miki types, “I finally caved and splurged on this DVF I’ve been coveting for months! Now that I have it, I’m confused on how to style it!”

” I need your help eek!”

The dress is such a showstopper, I don’t think you need to style it very much! If you want to go for easy breezy, pop on a pair of metallic or skin toned flat sandals. Dressing up? Gold sandals and a matching clutch will do. Keep earrings small and throw on a simple pendant necklace to accent the piece’s neckline:

Tisha writes, “I am a “thick” girl- thunder thighs included. I am self-conscious about my legs. Are there any styles in which I can pull off without 1 looking like a granny or 2 displaying too much “hail damage”? Peplum has done the trick for my stomach area, but I’m wondering is there a style (like high-low skirts) that can cover my thighs. I will be anticipating your reply. Thanks a ton!”
Thunder thighs? It’ll be hard to cover those up, though I think you had the right idea with hi lo hems. Dark colors tend to be slimming, so indulge in a few skirts in black or navy:

What do you guys think?
Now for some unsolved Mail Bombs!
In an e-mail titled, “TRUE RELIGION FIEN!!!!!”, Michelle screams, “I LOVE THIS OUTFIT BLACK CHYNA HAS ON,I SEARCHED THE TRUE WEBSITE,NO LUCK….MAYBE YOU CAN HELP!!!!”

“I NEED THIS IN MY LYFE ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Lastly, Jay writes, “Just would like to know where I can get Meagan Good’s shirt?”

“… It’s giving me flashbacks from my childhood :)”

Help!
That does it! I have an interview for an amazing opportunity today. If you could send out your prayers and good vibes for me, I’d really appreciate it:)
Wish me luck and have great weekends!
Smootches!

44 Responses to “Mail Bombs: Brandy’s NARM Awards Versace Studded Suede and Mesh Platform Sandals and Valentino Rockstud Flap Clutch, Draya Michele’s Denim Mini Dress, and Po Johnson’s Pynk Mag Jad Ghandour Gold Jacket!”

1. whatevs says:

ya’ll gotta be late with the April Fools…this is pure foolishness…

2. Chimee says:

Thats a swim suit not an outfit and I hope you wear it as such.

3. Anastasia says:

Good luck claire! I loveeeeeeeeee you! Hope you get it!!!!!

4. Shanita says:

HA! Gigglies…

5. Sammy says:

yes BRANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Alexis says:

I was going to inquiry about Ms. Goode’s top because it reminds me so much of my favorite artist Roy Lichtenstein!!!!!!

7. Siyam says:

To Claire: Good luck x 1 billion!! I LOVE Cassie’s dress. I really think it’s cute and wish the photo had been taken hours ago :) As for the swimsuit…I don’t think it’s real True Religion at all. Just looks like somebody stitched horseshoes wherever they could find space on the fabric.

8. D says:

Good luck Claire…sending you positive vibes from far away- hope they reach you!

9. Kitty B. says:

LOL@ watevs and chimee and I AGREE with you both, some of these inquiries from you girls…chillllllle listen, i cant!

But i truly believe Claire put these things up as a joke! Really Po and Blk China?!?! SMFH!!!!!!

10. EntertainmentsFuture says:

Good Luck Claire!!! you got this…

11. yusufswifee says:

claire, you are my hero for indulging these “requests”….makes my weekend everytime.

At least you didn’t ask who Black Chyna was this time. And congrats on all your sucess. You deserve it. Been a fan of this blog for at least two years and am so happy to see such a talented amazing person getting what is due them.

12. savetheday says:

best wishes, claire! they would be blessed to have you.

i can’t with that ‘swim’ suit, that is swimming in her rather than her swimming anywhere in it. smh.

13. Gee says:

They have the denim dress Draya is wearing @ H&M. Its printed on a poly/rayon/cotton blend but its adorable. Just bought it to wear to the beach as a cover up cuz its super lightweight and denim goes with everything! =)

14. Lioness says:

That ‘swimsuit’ pic of Blac Chyna is olddd. Even if it wasnt bought at the Flea Market it would definitely be sold out by now. That pic is atleast a couple of years old.

I love that Meagan Good top.

15. Lioness says:

On second look, that Meagan Good top could be part of a Pajama set. Looks sorta like it. Also, great suggestions for the DVF Dress. I have a similiar one and just wear it with gold accessories. Definitely a statement dress.

16. Boo says:

Such a fan of your blog good luck girl!!!

17. Sandra says:

Black chyna really! Some of the people on this blog are too much.

anyways congrats Claire on all your success. Just breath and relax. Everything will be alright. I love the team behind the Fashion Bomb and I wish you all ladies the best.

18. dyshaun says:

Prayers up! @Claire

19. Alissa says:

Good Luck Claire! Nothing but success for you.

20. ladyluo says:

Cassie is just GORGEOUS and dhe looks so fantastic

21. Good luck Claire! I hope everything goes well! Brandy’s outfit is a whole lotta look. LOL @ the Blac Chyna flea market comment and at Po in a magazine with no top! Rocsi’s jacket is cute.

22. O_-

hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Oh. And Cassie’s bod is bodacious.

23. Kayla says:

Not even trying to throw shade but the lucky swimsuit may be fake. I only believe that because 1. horseshoe stitching doesn’t look like the originals 2. I haven’t seen true religion make swimsuits such as this. 3. Counterfeits tend to overuse the brand logo and place them everywhere. From a design point it would be tacky to put horseshoes on bikini top and bottom. It’s too much!

24. Kayla says:

*oops not lucky brand lol

25. soon2Bmrs says:

Is Michelle freakin serious??? And who the hell spells “lyfe” like that?? That was a pure joke. Thanks for posting…needed a laugh.

26. Jinx Moneypenny says:

Nothing but positive vibes and good wishes your way Claire!!!!! *crosses fingers *

I just… have no words for the Blac Chyna request. And that pic…

27. Dobe says:

Prayers sent up, and positive vibes sent your way! Hope all goes well, Claire! :)

28. Tessa B says:

Thanks Claire for finding these items or similar items! Those gold pants are to die for, Brandy looks incredible and Draya’s jean dress is sooo freaking cute!! Yep, I’m going shopping this weekend…

29. Cookie says:

Where did Cassie get that body from?! I don’t recall any of that from her “me and you” days!

30. lOVESTYLE says:

that is the cutest ive seen brandy in a long time..loved it!!

31. DivaFabulosa says:

Brandy looks hot!!! Love the DVF dress, I’m kinda tempted to splurge….

I’m pretty sure you had the interview by now Claire, I hope it went well!

32. JustKey says:

Hi Claire,

Yes i would loooove to know where Megan Good got the Comic Shirt from also. Great summer piece.. Thanks in advance.

33. NYC Chick says:

Not feeling Brandy (although I usually like her). Hate this hair, and I don’t like the accessories.

Cassie looks a lil thick…lol

Claire- I will also chime in (albeit late) and wish you best of luck.

34. Melly miyagi says:

Hope you do well on your interview Claire :-)

35. krystel says:

Blessing to you Claire.)

36. quinnysmalls says:

Michelle: I hope you don’t find Black Chyna’s outfit. I hope no one does. Claire: Break a leg!!

37. iHeartKeya says:

The Blac Chyna inquiry seems like a joke, LOL smh. But I like Meagan Good’s top, it’s cute.

38. Can says:

I so agree about someone inquirying about that Black Chyna “outfit”. Then again she spelled life, lyfe…. Cassie looks gorgeous. Money well spent on that bod.

39. Brenda says:

Brandys hands look old. She needs to start investing in skincare instead of fashion. I like LaLa, but Po is beautiful. Claire, I know you got it already, so please share the details. I wish you and your team all the best.

40. Wallflower says:

BRANDY’S haaaaaaiiiiiiirrrrrrrr!!!!

41. efj.info says:

A vacuum is the top of cleansing tools; it can be the more
    costly. You can find many different types of hoover with several different
    characteristics. So before purchasing a top rated hoover
    be sure you know what sort of vacuum is most appropriate for your requirements.

Pick the best vacuum can be confusing. To simply help make issues better you should
    know what the various sorts of vacuum are, what the chief characteristics it is
    possible to find on a hoover, and want you variety of flooring you’re going to
    be using a hoover on.

42. Gregory says:

Hey! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out
    and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts.
    Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects?
    Thank you so much!

43. bit.ly says:

I pay a quick visit everyday some web sites and websites to read posts, however this website presents quality based
    writing.

44. It’s hard to come by experienced people for this topic, but you sound
    like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks