May 10th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: June Ambrose, Zoe Saldana, Nicole Richie, and more!
By Faith

Happy Thursday!

The 2012 Met Gala was the talk of the town this week, but there were a bunch of other celeb sightings from LA to Miami. The fellas actually have a solid place in the roundup this week, but you be the judge on whether or not they brought their A-game.

Check out some of this week’s hottest looks:

June Ambrose co-hosted the Essence Best in Black Beauty Awards in a sleeveless wrap maxi dress, cinched at the waist with a belt. She usually goes for straight hair or a turban, but here June added some waves and I love it! This is a total 180 from her signature flashy looks and it suits her well.

Zoe Saldana shut it down at the Cosmopolitan for Latinas Launch Party in New York City. She paired an Elie Saab Couture dress with Brian Atwood Claudia Bis Pumps, a $1,100 Bottega Veneta Ayers Knot Clutch, and Irit Design earrings. Work Zoe! I thought she would be at the Met Gala, but this look makes up for it!

In the Land Down Under, Nicole Richie and her hubby were spotted at “The Voice” launch party in Sydney. As her brand’s best ambassador, she rocked a Winter Kate Fall 2012 dress and House of Harlow 1960 accessories including a $225 Hayden Clutch, $250 Callan Suede Pumps, and a  $119 Tribal Horn Pendant Necklace. So boho chic and I like the addition of the red lip.

Toni Braxton gave me life at the 10th Annual Ailey at the Apollo event. She looked stunning in a long-sleeve black gown from Calvin Klein Collection. Yes Toni!

After her gold number at the Met Gala, Jessica Alba went safari chic while out and about in New York City. She layered it on with a fedora, elbow-patch sweater, rolled trousers, nude leather wedges, and a $1,225 Proenza Schouler PS1 Small Lux Satchel. You know Jessica doesn’t leave home without a scarf and she added one here as well. I really like this ensemble and I plan on recreating it before the temperature gets too high.

Eva Longoria made an appearance on David Letterman in a $2,195 Victoria Beckham Stretch-Crepe Cutaway Dress. Hot! I am also drooling over her Brian Atwood Vanity Pumps: I need these in my life asap!

Our President and First Lady always serve a dose of chic and they both looked great while at the White House. President Obama kept it very classic and clean, while our FLOTUS went bright in her usual fashion in a teal cap-sleeve dress.

Eva Mendes made an appearance on The Today Show in a long-sleeve printed dress from Jonathan Saunders’s Fall 2012 collection and nude pumps. Very ladylike and elegant and I always applaud her unexpected choice of designers.

They haven’t gone mainstream in the US just yet, but across the pond, JLS is huge. I mean they’re a cute boy band: what’s not to like? Paparazzi snapped a pic of the group while in Miami Airport and they definitely looked festive. I’m feeling the denim jacket look and the fedora and tie-dye sneakers, but the other two gentleman get a hmm…Polo overload and just to note, button-down shirts on men should never lead to a nip slip!

Along with Sanaa Lathan, Lucy Liu was also spotted at the 27th Annual Lucille Lortel Awards in New York City. She went for an all-black ensemble including an Etro puff-sleeve blouse and a pencil skirt from Dolce & Gabbana. Fab! Her accessories were just right.

Nas took his talents down to Club Reign in Atlanta. He kept it casual in gold frames, a huge gold chain, denim, and Timbs. I’m sorry but I love a man in a white tee and Timbs, granted his clothes fit him properly. I’m also from Queens and love me some Nas, so I guess I’m biased. You guys decide!

Like Lucy Liu, Robin Givens also opted for all-black while at the 11th Annual Women Who Care Luncheon in New York City. Work Robin! Is it just me or is she aging backwards? Hot!

Maya Rudolph looked cute at “An Evening with Up All Night” at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills. Only thing I don’t like here are her sandals: they’re too chunky for the rest of her ensemble. A strappy black sandal would have worked wonders here.

While at Bouchon Bistro, Nicole Scherzinger wore a strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline and a ruffle hem. She accessorized with snakeskin pumps and a chain shoulder bag. Hmm…the dress is adorable and the pumps would have worked had they been a lighter shade instead of that harsh brown. Nicole is a gorgeous woman, but she misses the mark in the fashion department often which continues to baffle me!

Victoria Beckham is clearly the dress designer of the week and Sofia Vergara was another woman who opted for a frock from her collection while at the Spirit of Achievement Awards Luncheon in New York City. She looks beautiful! Here’s to hoping she throws her hair in a ponytail or chignon one of these days: the straight hair is so predictable.

Last, but not least is Tina Knowles who also attended the the Spirit of Achievement Awards Luncheon in New York City with Sofia Vergara. Mama Tina opted for a black and white menswear-inspired look and I must say, she looks great! You guys sounded off on her “work” at The Thriving Child Book Launch yesterday, but her face looks just fine to me here.

Who had your favorite looks this week?
~Faith

27 Responses to “This Week in Chic: June Ambrose, Zoe Saldana, Nicole Richie, and more!”

1. Shawn says:

all hail to june! ughhhh that lady i everything to me!!!!

2. The Latinas are giving it to me! Loves Jessica’s and Eva’s looks! June looks great, she should switch it up more often. Luci Lou is serving as well! Not feeling Toni’s CK number at all…

3. YM says:

I actually like Nas’ look. Eva Mendes and Zoe Saldana are always a favorite, and so is Jessica Alba. I think she has great street style.

4. manny says:

Favs are June and Eva mendes. And I loves me some Nas!!!!!!

5. shelly says:

Jessica Alba for the win! lol.

6. metoo247 says:

Nas looks good enough to eat ;-)

7. Shanita says:

<~~~~~~ A sucka for white tees and timbs. NY EASTCOAST LUV!*!*!*!*!

8. Crystal says:

I literally had to catch my breath when I saw Nas. Lawd hammercy…..

Jessica Alba gets casual soooo right! She looks so comfortable and chic!

I love June’s dress.

Nicole Ritchie can do NO wrong in my eyes.

Both Eva’s are gorgeous!

I’ma need Ms. Knowles to wear something other than black and white. Life is too short to limit your whole wardrobe to two colors. I hope she finds a good man and gets her groove back and throws on a bright pink dress one day!!! Chile!

And POTUS and FLOTUS just melts my heart!!

Oh yeah…..NAS THE DON!

9. ladyshawann says:

June & Eva!

10. ANONYMOUS says:

Agree with sun.kissed — the Latinas are werking it! LOVE Zoe’s, Jessica’s and Eva’s looks! And, as an EastCoast girl, YES….will always love the white tee, jeans, and Tims combo. Great post!

11. ANONYMOUS says:

Agree with sun.kissed– the Latinas were werking it! LOVE Zoe’s, Jessica’s, and Eva’s look! And, as an Eastcoast girl, Yes…will always love the white tee, jeans, Tims combo. Great post!

12. soon2Bmrs says:

Nas. That is all :-)

13. terilili says:

Nicole’s outfit looks incomplete. No jewelry at all?

14. Mely B says:

Toni B – GORG! (Hopefully she’s fired the makeup artist who made all the Braxtons look like Muppets)

Other faves: Zoe, Jessica Alba (although I don’t like the shoes), Lucy Liu & of course FLOTUS & POTUS.

Last but not least: Robin Givens looks amazing! As I quickly scrolled down the page at first glance I thought it was KeKe Palmer.

15. Likkle Miss says:

Eva Mendes ftw! Although the other Eva looks great too!

16. Vanessa says:

Tony Braxton definitely caught my attention.

17. Magua says:

Move aside Solange,

look at the REAL fashion BAWS of the house! Bow down!

18. Sandra says:

Beside Mrs. O nobody is doing it for me. Sorry to burst your bubble Faith but the guys looked a hot mess!

19. Candace V says:

Finally! @ Toni: She looks age appropriate and finally doesn’t look like she’s trying too hard.
    And love Eva Mendes, she is modernizing Old Hollywood Glamour here!

20. Jackie says:

I loved all the girls and Nas! :) Zoe was my absolute fave, though…Eva Mendes and Toni Braxton tied as my second faves :)

21. Cameron. says:

I love how June can diversify her look, she looks wonderful, Zoe looks amazing in Elie Couture, but I wish her shoe was a bit more sexy not really feeling that round toe on them pumps maybe a pointed number, Nicole looks amazing in her various hues of black =) However, Toni looks a bit bland to me in that dress a splash of high-fash would have done justice, Jessic looks so cute and casually chic, Eva looks lovely in Victoria Beckham I just think them Brian Atwoods look cheesy maybe it’s that black trim near the ankle *yuck*, them Obamas are looking very sophisticated pumping on acres-I commend. Eva looks very editorial and I live for her printed dress. Those guys are basic. Lucy among all is my favorite she looks brilliantly fashion-forward and her necklace speaks to me-YASSSS! -thats all

22. Tessa B says:

Well majority of everyone here looks great!! Great week in chic…and Nasir has been looking extremely scrumptious lately! (thanks June) lol

Zoe Saldana is my favorite of them all though…

June looked great and so did Michelle

24. Alexis says:

June’s look is everything! Someone needs to give Nicole S. my number so I can help her out. Such a shame to see a pretty girl who can’t dress. I am loving Jessica Alba’s look, I want to know who makes her hat. I LOVE it!!!

25. tasha says:

LOVE Jessica Alba’s look

26. krystel says:

love jessica alba, june and always love Nasir Jones!!!

27. Kento says:

my stars, that’s a really tugohh choice. Eva is like . a super model she is so hot. But Jess is like what, in her mid 20s? And she looks like she is 18? Eva can’t do that so I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and say Jessica Alba is hotter. But my my my, that’s a close call.