May 9th, 2012
Fashion News, Nicole Richie
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• If you noticed the absence of a certain overexposed reality starlet from Monday’s Met Gala, it could be because she was banned from the event. Rumor has it that queen bee Anna Wintour forbade Kim Kardashian from attending fashion’s biggest night. This could explain why Kanye West looked so sour the whole evening. A source told Radar Online, “Anna hates Kim. Why would she be invited to the event? It is all the biggest stars in the world and Kim doesn’t fit that bill at all.” According to this same source, Wintour wouldn’t even allow Kardashian to buy the $25,000 ticket to the gala. “Kim can’t even buy her way in, Anna Wintour does NOT want her there!” Well well! If this is true, then well played Ms. Wintour, we all definitely needed a break from Kim K. (Radar)

Brad Pitt is the new face of Chanel’s classic No. 5 fragrance. According to one of E! News’s super secret source, Pitt will be shooting an ad for the perfume sometime this week. (E! News/Chanel)

• Just like the rest of us, Nicole Richie has a hard time maintaing her coif. The designer told Glamour“I’m mixed, and it’s work to do my hair, so I learned how to do it well myself. I have naturally curly hair, so ‘natural’ beach waves are not so natural for me. I like to braid my hair at night and then let it out the next day. And I also curl my hair with a flatiron.” (Us Magazine)

Jet magazine is having an open casting call for their Jet Beauty of the Week franchise. The event will be held at none other than Cynthia Bailey‘s Bailey Agency School of Fashion in Atlanta this Saturday, May 12th from noon to 3pm. Jet Editor-in-chief Mitzi Miller will judge the contest along with Cynthia Bailey and a mystery celebrity guest. If you’re interested, bring a headshot and a bikini down to the Bailey Agency, located at 924 Garrett St., SE, Atlanta, GA 30316. For more information e-mail JETcastingbow@gmail.com.

• Somebody vandalized the outside of Marc Jacobs’s Mercer street store today, spray painting the word “ART” in bright pink. I’m eyeing serial high-end fashion boutique spray painter Kidult as the culprit. (New York Observer)

~Jihan

38 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Was Kim Kardashian Banned from The Met Gala?, Nicole Richie Talks Hairstyling Woes, and Jet Beauty of the Week is Looking for Models”

1. Wow! Anna took a stand….funny as I was shocked that she wasn’t seen on the red carpet that night. I guess everyone needs a break from Kim.

2. Meka says:

Well done Anna!

3. Jazz says:

LMAO WOW Ms Wintour aint with the foolishness. Thank you, enough is enough! I guess the Devil really does wear Prada lol

4. EntertainmentsFuture says:

I second that @Sass ‘n Curlz… I was looking through the pics wondering why I didnt see her thirsty behind. Then I looked at last years gala album and saw that she wasn’t there either. Ms. Wintour dont play!!!!

5. Marsha D says:

Good for you Upety Anna! Wonder why Kanye even went….didn’t she diss him also…. Lol

6. Indigo says:

If Kim was there or not, who cares… I like her fashion,but to say I was checking to see if she attended…not!

7. Queen B says:

lol Anna runs it

8. shoes says:

Thats fine that Anna doesnt like Kim, but Im justing waitin for the “I hate Kim K” comments to flood this posting. Kim K is famous because the world made her famous. If no one watched her shows, bought her products, buy magazines with her on the cover, make blog comments about her, SHE WOULD NOT BE FAMOUS. So blame yourselves if someone you dont like is famous. I cant stand when women especially claw each other down. EVERYONE has skeletons, whether its lying, making a sex tape or stealing from your mama. But from the way ppl behaved on these blogs you would think we all lived in glass houses. And FYI, I am not her biggest fan, but i dont go all out with my comments showing hate and judgment.

9. Jackie says:

@shoes YOU are awesome! I completely agree with you!

10. amy says:

Now thats low Jihan “we all need a break from Kim K, you’ve seriously down graded this website!
    Besides whats Anna reason, at least if u gonna print something give us the whole story. This is a fashion blog and hopefully not a KIM K bashing blog or? And i aint even a fan of Kim.
    And for Anna W. she should calm down, business is business, why ban the girl.

11. clicky_heels says:

so thrilled with this. MWAHAHAHHAHAHA.

The Kardashian Klan is SOOOO over exposed. To see her at MET amongst the creme de le creme of the fashion world would be WRONG. Frankly im a bit miffed kanye was there.

She can go to an US weekly event instead.

*throws head back and cackles*

12. Lexie says:

Now it makes sense, why I did not see Kim Kardashian at one of the biggest fashion nights. No one can’t deny that Kim has great style but I guess Anna is not on the Kardashian train oh well…sometimes $$ isn’t enough

13. I do agree we needed a Kim K break. Way to take a stand Jihan and report what you wanted to. Anna Wintour can do as she pleases because she has that power….. I dont care for Kim K but I do agree no need to bash her either because we made her relevant.

14. Jihan says:

@amy

*sigh* I’m not sure how it’s “low” to suggest a break from the spotlight for a notoriously overexposed celebrity, but perhaps we have different ideas of morality. I did not attack her character, so I’m confused as to why you are so broken up about a pretty unoffensive statement.

As for me “downgrading” the site, we’re all entitled to our opinions, so I’ll let you have yours and continue to write mine, which, I hope you read.

xx

15. Sandra says:

@Amy @Jihan,

Jihan is entitled to her opinion. I am not a fan of Kim K and I was so happy that she was not invited. One thing that most people don’t know is that she tends to show up at events where she is not invited.

That should teach her a lesson. Most of us will not even pass the front door because security will be all over us. Why should she? If you are not on the list or invited somewhere, you keep your butt home. This principle applies to everyone celebrity or not. The world does not have to cater to this woman and because it is Anna Wintour even, she is free to invite who she wants. It is not hate towards this woman it is having proper manners.

I most def love the Fashion Bomb and will continue to support. Stay true to yourselves because the min the Fashion Bomb starts kissing people’s butt, I will be on my way out.

16. LOL at Kim not being invited, you know that wasn’t reason enough for Kanye to stay at home!

17. Indigo says:

Who ever needs a Kim K break, need an internet and TV break. For some reason she doesn’t affect my life. If I wanna read or watch something about the Kardashans, I will, If I don’t, I don’t… But it’s insane to come on a site ,on a daily basis and complain about a female that don’t hold any weight in your life. This type of mindset is far from healthy. It’s sad the way the basis female is built.

*Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. – Albert Einstein

18. Indigo says:

*Basic.

19. makeeasweet says:

im not a fan of kim,but why does it make yall happy to see her banned from a event?,why does it make yall happy to see something bad happen to another person?.people keep complaining about her being over exposed,so yall want her to stay home all the time eating bon bons and watching soap opera,just to make haters more happy.she doesnt force the paps to take pictures of herself and she doesnt force blogs like FASHIONBOMB to post about her all the time.

20. DarkEmpress says:

The fashion Queen has ruled. Kim K. is not fashionable. She has no style she follows the trends, she does not set them. I still remember Amber Rose’s white dress she wore to the MET ball with the black stole. That’s how someone who is not A list earns an invite, by being fashionable and having their own unique style. Which is why even Azaelia Banks or Nicki Minaj get invited to be musical guests. They bring something different and unique to the table. Lets hope Kim K is no longer featured on this site. *crosses fingers*

21. Angela says:

$25K for a ticket to the Met Gala!!! that’s insane! Please tell me the money goes to charity!

22. whatevs says:

applauds anna…

23. taffie says:

Not inviting Kim has made bigger news than allowing her. If she was there most of us wouldnt have cared!! So there you go, unconsciously keeping her relevant, um beginning to think she is *side eye*

24. taffie says:

I have 2 say kimmy has to be one of the most brave and strong human beings out there. The amount of negativity that surrounds her i couldnt hack. I would have just taken my millions and gone to some remote place and hide there. She likes light camera action but i dont think she wants to be hated like this!!!

25. Empress says:

Her not being there allowed us to see other fabulous celebrities who have nice style..BRAVO TO ANNA!

26. BG says:

In case some of you didn’t notice, Jihan got that story from Radaronline.com (the link to that site is in parenthesis right behind the story) so no need to bash. I am glad to take a break from Kim. I don’t follow her but if I turn the page and she’s there, I keep it moving because I am not interested in keeping her relevant.

27. aj says:

kim needed to be BANNED. but they could have invited her stylist monica rose … u know the one who PICKS ALL OF THE HER OUTFITS? smh. and fyi. this is a blog. with a comments section. if you dont like the comments, why respond? “going at” kim k is beneath you, but replying to “non-factors” on a comments thread isn’t? gafl

28. Mona Capochona says:

Thank you so much for that comment makeeasweet.
    No one wants to feel ostracized irregardless of their fame or media portrayal.

29. Utibe A. says:

$25,000 for an event? Can one of those filthy rich attendees pay my grad school tuition? That would be GREATLY appreciated. ♥

People need to just stop with the whole Kim K. drama. It’s getting pathetic now.

30. shelly says:

On one hand, I feel like her not being invited kind of deflates her head, and brings her down to earth. On the other hand, I kind of feel bad for her. No one wants to feel left out, or feel like they are not liked, especially if you didn’t do anything personal to that person. I will admit, when I saw Kanye there, I did wonder where Kim was. If she was there, I’m pretty sure her dress (and make-up) would have been PHENOMENAL. And from looking at the pics from the event, they could have needed some phenomenal. Nothing blew me away.

31. *starts a slow clap which will build into an eruption of applause for Anna*

32. binks says:

Anna has a point Kim may be popular (why? I would never know) but she isn’t an A lister or a heavy weight on the screen. People always want to say how much black women hate Kim K. but the truth is Kim isn’t well received by many people. I am not going to laugh at Kim’s misfortune but at the same time it is what it is…shrugs brad pitt looks hot in that picture

33. Nneka says:

Anna’s party, Anna’s invite list. People that feel bad that she was not invited need a reality check.

34. amy says:

@ Jihan
    Everything you print or write or comment, represents the entire website. I dont know you personally and I surerly can not judge you; same as Kim K. But just a few months ago I recall a post ” Are we officially over kim K?” and Claire wrote: “I personally can separate someone’s private life/personality from their craft”. I read this blog for the fashion tips,interviews cause bottom line is that u; the writers have good taste.
    It seems as Kim K is a sensitive subject. when a fashion writer starts to add to heat “Well well! If this is true, then well played Ms. Wintour, we all definitely needed a break from Kim K” – What do you base your grounds on? what she is too much on the scene and always playing dress up?U just dont like her, cause if even u were taking Miss W side, u must then know why Ms W doesnt like then.
    Cause this is a fashion blog,
    And when I say degraded I mean to say that picture I have of this website has suddenly gone out the window. But hey, then again maybe I have just misjudged the blog from what I think is and what it actually is.
    So off course speak your mind.State you opinions. My reaction is based on how you presented the whole piece.
    But then for the reader to understand what u just wrote that, give us your grounds.

35. Jihan says:

@ Amy

I pretty much stated why I thought she needed a break (“based my grounds, as you put it”), by saying out of the gate that she is overexposed. And she is. I think that’s a pretty accurate assessment of the nature of her celebrity.

I actually rather like Kim K. I used to have an obsession with her in college, but thanks for telling me that I “just don’t like her.” I didn’t know that!

Anyhow, in the news I often lend my opinions, and as I stated before I am entitled to it as you are to yours.

keep reading

j

36. MEME says:

@makeasweet Actually she does pay the paparazzi to take her pictures, her pictures are not in demand by any major photo agencies, she has baseless fame, so she needs paps to take her pics in order to stay relevant. She is shoving herself into the spotlight and that reeks of desperation and attention whoredom.

37. MEME says:

Good to see Anna stand her ground, nobody expected to see Kim anywhere near the MET Gala, she’s pure trash, and I don’t care how much money she has or how much designer clothes she wears, you put lipstick on a pig, it will still be a pig. The people who attend the MET Gala are people who really appreciate art, Kim would be completely out of place there.