May 7th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping
Wardrobe Query: Emily B’s Fairground Bananas Crop Top and Tube Skirt

Nana writes, “I saw this picture of Emily B on Twitter.”

“Need that outfit in my life!!!”

Well, if you’re in the mood for something form fitting and eye catching, Emily B’s your girl. The stylist posed for her camera phone in a $76 Fairground Bananas Crop Top and matching $99 Pencil Skirt:

According to the Fashion Fiend, the separates are crafted in cotton rich jersey with a soft stretch handle and feature a bold contrast polka dot print.

Because we know all about Emily’s style by now, you can of course get this two piece at ASOS. Get her skirt here, and cop her crop top, along with a few other pieces in the same print here:

What do you think of Emily B’s latest ASOS selection?

*Rita Ora has also adopted banana prints:

Are we smelling a new trend?

Spied @TheFashionFiend

Posted In
53 comments

53 Responses to “Wardrobe Query: Emily B’s Fairground Bananas Crop Top and Tube Skirt”

1. Keesh says:

I really wish Emily B. would expand her style a bit. This is getting a bit old. Yes, we all know by now that Emily is super duper busty and curvy. But does EVERY SINGLE outfit she takes pics in have to fit her the same way? I would love to see some variety from her. But the Fairground banana theme for this season is cute, though.

2. couturesista says:

Typical

3. Nicki says:

Sigh. I clicked on this only for Emily. Emily really knows what works on curves and at great prices too. She has a good eye. I’m not sure banana prints are a trend, but they look good on what Em’s wearing.
    Second comment: If Ora is paying such good money to be featured so regularly, one would think she’d at least try to be a better dresser. It’s not like her music is so brilliant she can transcend her hideous clothes. Maybe I’m just resentful because I feel she’s being shoved down my throat.

4. sci1045 says:

I am so tired of seeing her in these tight dresses!!!

5. Fashion Cafe says:

I give up. Carry on!

6. jasmine says:

we can thank josephine and warhol for the banana thing

7. Kinky Curly says:

Her style has been so one note, there’s no inspiration.We get it, Emily has curves for days so can we see something new from her now? A little variety never hurt anyone.Wth is Rita even wearing tho…

8. Very cute outfit, but I’m sick of the camera phone pics. Maybe she should leave the house so the paps can capture her threads instead of pursing her lips and snapping in the bathroom mirror every chance she gets…

9. Dnice says:

I am so over Emily’s “style”. She is a stylist…so she should dress like one, ans show some variety and depth in her choices.

10. Jihan says:

lol @ sun.kissed thinking any paps have film to spare on Emily B.

I see she’s maintaining a 14 on the pH level…

11. Dani says:

well… you can tell who doesnt have curves. Smh. Fitted clothing looks best on our body types as most clothes take away our shape completely b/c they were made for the majority [rectangle/box shaped women] not the minority [curvy ladies]. I dont fancy Emily B personally, but I love her style & how she embraces her curves. If it aint broke, dont fix it. Carry on Ms. Emily. <3 =)

Rita tho?? ugh. I just wna give her a bath & send her back where she came from.

12. Kitty B. says:

@Dani its not about not having curves (ima curving chick myself) but I dont walk out the house showcasing it or wearing the same BASIC style everyday!

Seriously EVERYONE CHECK ASOS BEFORE CONTACTING CLAIRE! stop being lazy and save this girl some work, sheesh!

Also, Claire please dont refer to Emily as a Stylist, shes proved time and time again she’s not!

This girl has no style, she’s BASIC!

13. mi manning says:

she gettin’ on my nerves!

14. Ashley Moniq says:

child’s play….

15. Lisa says:

I think Emily body is to much for all those tight outfits she dosn’t look good to me at all she needs to wear something that’s appropriate for her curves tight ain’t always cute or sexy she needs to save those clothes for her clients if she still styling.

16. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Listen people, just GO TO ASOS, okay? I really want Emily to exhale someday though. With an ass that big, there’s really no need to constantly toot that thang up. Its already perma-tooted.

17. Lisa says:

P.s I’m really starting to think she had work done to I don’t think those curves are natural 2.

18. @Jihan, I guess you’re right, but pictures from clubpix.com (when you’re at the club and someone walks around taking pics for the promoters) would be better than these vanity shots. LOL @ “perma-tooted”!

19. Mayhem Mami says:

I CAN NOT TAKE anyone serious as a FashionBomb, Model, Designer/Stylist or an ADULT if they are taking photos of themselves in the BATHROOM using a cellphone.

I R E F U S E to entertain this f**kery!!!

20. Aziz_Mom says:

*Yawn* Emily B is boring…this 80s skin tight, In Living Color dancer look is a drag. Since she claims to be a stylist, she needs to expand her tastes. It’s in a boring box right now!

21. JaneBMore says:

These banana-themed clothes look at tad cartoonish. I’ll pass.

22. Danielle says:

idk if i am more shocked that Emily B is wearing another tight outfit found on ASOS or that people are still asking where Emily B gets her outfits from. I mean seriously !!! For a stylist, Emily B gives me absolutely NO life with her ASOS attire.

23. Emily says:

Claire, you should have posted Emily B’s red carpet look from this past weekend (turquoise jeans, purple Zanotti, etc). LOL You can clearly see this woman has no fashion sense at all. She’s one glass of water from cracking those poor bodycon dresses/skirts. Smh. But a positive note, her face and hair are very pretty.
    And Rita Ota…the blogs really want her to happen…huh? No, girl, she is wack and will remain as such. Period.

24. Emily says:

* Rita Ora

25. Shaniece says:

I think because Emily dropped a few pounds she’s obsessed with showing off her curves in skin clinching clothes…. she didn’t always dress like this previously, for a stylist she needs June Ambrose in her life for some variety lol

26. yusufswifee says:

haha! fast becoming a fan of em’s. Only cuz my bathroom pix dont look like that….I dont post them on twitter either. But anywhoo, off to the gym I go.

Oh and no on the banana print.

27. Bella says:

i love it ! its fun & flirty …. Im from “Miami” IN i needs this outfit … gnrr its already sold out *sigh

28. hey yall says:

Looks better on the model..

29. Hello says:

Someone needs to drop her phone in the toilet sick of these pics with the same booty pop pose…over it

30. aff says:

I’M SICK OF HER WITH THESE TIGHT TOP AND BOTTOM COMBOS P.S. ALL-OVER PRINTS MAKE HER APPEAR LARGER.. -YEEZY SHRUG-

31. Sandra says:

Emily B has no fashion style and I cannot believe that the FB which I love is still doing post about her. This woman wears the same type of outfit over and over again.

I know that there are groupies trying to get her man and that she wants to prove that she still got it but most of the time, that is what she wears. That is not fashion but trash.

People should follow her on Twitter or like the comments above mentioned check Asos before writing to Claire. It will save her some time and energy. I want to see more serious request and style on FB.

32. Wallflower says:

I think the banana print is fun! If I recall the whole Josephine Baker thing was popular for a hot minute awhile back (I think there was some type of jewlery, and I’m pretty sure Beyonce did the skirt thing…); I like this kind of interpretation.

33. Kitty B. says:

@Lisa…Emily had her breast done and some lipo

34. Diva says:

she dresses slutty… but hey if thats your style , do it !

35. Maga says:

she looks very pretty and almost jessica rabbit like!

i think she also looks like a fun down to earth person

i guess you ugly girls are just jealous otherwise you would ignore her like you do most things that dont interest you

36. binks says:

LOL Claire, why don’t you just tell these individuals to check ASOS first when it comes to inquiring about Emily’s B outfits. Personally, I think both Emily and Rita looks are hmmm….the black model looks the best in this trend.

37. Kisha says:

Lol @ Jihan, yes basic!!! I wonder if Claire gets annoyed with these Emily B inquiries?

38. Meika says:

that outfit is horrible & for her to be a stylist she can not style herself… all she wears is tight clothes… you can be sexy w/o having clothes hugging every nic & cranny…

39. Meika says:

for Emily to be a stylist she has no style… all she ever wears is skin tight clothing… ***News Flash*** you can be sexy w/o having clothes hug every nic&cranny of your body…

No Hate – Real Talk – Step it up please!!!

40. Meika says:

sorry didn’t know my 1st comment went thru…

41. Dani says:

@Kitty B. thats you & To each, her own. =D I personally keep the same silhouette as much as possible. I hate loose fitting clothing, it does absolutely nothing for me. Working out or lounging are my exceptions. & It very much is about having curves imho… a lot of women w/ no shape once so ever dress to [look] like they have curves on a daily basis. Which usually translates to looser fitting clothing accentuated w/ waist belts or something drawing attn to the waist. However, that kinda stuff doesnt look as good on curvy ladies as it does on everyone else [My personal opinion]. I don’t see a problem w/ Emily or anyone else wearing curve hugging clothing whenever they see fit if it fits their bodytype. If she was madd skinny wearing skin tight clothes in every picture she took, no one would have a problem. Sometimes I wonder about the authenticity of the posters on this site. Anyway, have a great one, Doll. =) <3

42. Deb Bee says:

Who does she style anyway?

43. KBS says:

nope

44. Kim says:

I’m starting think that Emily does not leave the house and only takes bathroom cell phone pics in her ASOS outfits. The outfits are YAWN but her face is pretty. HOWEVER the few paparazzi pics I see of her are not at all cute and in no way reflect the images that she puts forth on her Instagram.

45. Ayana says:

The outfit is cute and looks cute on her but I do agree with most comments that she wears the same things just different colors. And you would think that she wouldn’t do the bathroom pics at all. Thats for high schoolers.

46. Jihan says:

@Kisha you got my joke yaaaay!

47. caramelbabe says:

BUT DID YALL SEE EMILY B BEFORE THE ASS AND BREAST IMPLANTS SHE WAS SKINNY AS HELL………..I HATE THE FAKENESS!!!

48. Fashionfriendly says:

I know Ems assistant and she told me that Emily gets boxes and boxes of Asos clothes for free every month! Don’t know exactly why but I would wear it too if I got it for free! I will say I’ve never seen that girl wear anything twice.

49. Can says:

I agree with the comments. She is a one trick pony. To be a “stylist” your style is lacking innovation. And these twitter self shots are working my nerves.