May 7th, 2012
Fashion News, Kanye West
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Kanye West took to twitter this weekend to offer his thoughts on style. The rapper expressed his distaste for certain outfit combinations like “sport coats with button up shirts, jeans and dress shoes,” and “off-brand work out shoes.” Fur in the spring and shoes that make you look as if you have cankles did not make the list. (Kanye West Twitter)

Tonight is the Met Ball, and it turns out one of the event’s honorees won’t be able to attend. Word is Miuccia Prada might not make it to her own party after injuring herself falling out of her high-rise platform shoes. We hope she can throw on some flats and still make it! Turns out, Miuccia Prada isn’t going to let a little twisted ankle keep her from enjoying her night. Fashionista reports that the designer will be attending the Met Ball tonight. (NYT)

• Just in time for tonight’s Met Gala,  Italian fashion bigwig Diego Della Valle announced he is planning to relaunch Elsa Shiaparelli‘s line. While Della Valle has yet to announce a designer, he says the line will offer a few clothing options, but mostly  focus on makeup, accessories, and shoes. The first collection is set to debut during Paris Fashion Week in Febuary. (The Cut)

• Talenthouse wants you to sumbit shoe designs for undefeated boxer Floyd Mayweather. In conjunction with his soon-to-launch print and online magazine, Mayweather is holding a contest, looking for someone to design the flyest of shoes to cradle his precious feet. Send your sumbissions here by May 21st to be considered. The winner gets $3000, and a pair of the shoes autographed by Mayweather himself. Check here for more contest details.

• Prada is re-releasing some of its most popular bags from 1991-2005, which will be available exclusively at Prada boutiques in NYC. (The Cut)

~Jihan

26 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Kanye West’s Fashion Twitter Rant, Miuccia Prada Will Make The Met Ball After All, and Design A Pair of Shoes for Floyd Mayweather”

1. jamesa says:

He hates jeans with dress shoes??! Well his girlfriend is very much the queen of wearing pumps and jeans so I’m assuming he hates her outfits??? ….whatever kanye. Whatever.

2. jamesa says:

Uh whatever kanye. Whatever. Lol.

3. Indigo says:

Kanye can borrow Kim’s tops. (In my Charlie Murphy voice) ” I mean, you know where you got that shirt. And it damn sure wasn’t the men’s department. … We can call it the shirts vs the blouses.” lol

4. Maga says:

wtf, that last pic is fckn random to say the least!

5. Caribbelle says:

Jihan I was thinking the same thing during his little rant.
    The sad thing is that some young ones will take his rant to heart and alter their style because of it.

6. Savage says:

@ Indigo!!! LMAO you can have several seats!! Unisex shirts my ass…I’m done..

7. Kitty B. says:

Get’em Jihan!!! I saw Kanye’s Twitter rant and simply rolled my eyes, he may have taste in clothes, but the first show for DW was a miss HUNTY!

I’m still scratching my head over this Beiber and Maywether friendship…Floyd is his mentor apparently O_o

8. As much as a ridiculous person as Kanye is, you can’t deny the guys talent!

9. BlkRose says:

kanye sounds extra queenish. You an’t talk about fashion when your very own fashion line was b list fashion school work. Yawn…back to work.

10. iQgraphics says:

Kanye’s shirt looks like something a figure skater would wear

11. Sandra says:

I can’t with Kanye, I just wish he could get away. I used to love the artist but now, his ego is killing me. I cannot stand him. I was eager and supported his first and second collection, now, I don’t care! He needs to go buy some humility because quite frankly, the man has none.

12. Maga says:

oh by the way, the way he describes the clothes, it sounds more like men’s fashion.

dress shoes means like shoes for a tux.

he is not aiming at women

nice try

13. Indigo says:

I don’t understand how some figure he is talking about women O _o I didn’t take that from his tweets. I think he’s throwing shade at some rappers though Exp: Kid Cudi,Wiz and Drake alikes. lol He isn’t doing anything any different than the majority of the people who critique on the Fashion Bomb corner. He sounds like a petty chick,but hey, that’s part of today’s fashion. If he were saying all of this on BBW or RHOA, he would be getting two snaps and a circle from the room. lol

14. Maga says:

lmao @ indigo

*lol holding on to my chair with one hand, while hittin couch with right hand*

15. Jasmine says:

i dont have twitter… someone tell kanye he should hate that damn kilt he wore… and that gay ass stars and studs sweater he got on in that main pic….ugh

16. Diva says:

does anyone really take Kanye’s fashion opinions seriously…. I mean really he’s no authority especially in some of his clown outfits !

17. ShrenAKO says:

Hell, if you design the shoe he picks…you should get way more than $3000. In my opinion.

18. Sofia Maria says:

@ iQgraphics

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA…

AHHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

19. Off brand workout shoes??? Stfu Kanye. He NEEDS to workout with his man boobs

20. whatevs says:

I hate when people who will cry if you look at them wrong feel the need to always critique others…go sit kanye…

21. Lainea says:

These comments are hilarious.

22. Kanye really….his comments made my day..lmao

23. Tessa B says:

Kanye is so funny…and I have no idea how to even attempt to draw a shoe design…lol…it would be fun to do though….

24. MEME says:

After that mess he sent down the runways of Paris, Kanye needs not to offer any fashion advice, most of that stuff he hates was actually in his collection, oh the irony. He is just mad because nobody bought his fugly fur backpacks.

25. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Kanye dresses like Chazz Michael Michaels. Boy sit down somewhere with those leather leggings you always wear. Here’s something I hate: sagging tight pants. eeeewwwww!

26. Jennifer says:

I agree with you on the short shorts with pokcets hanging out, I don’t like how those look on anyone.. Also when people wear big, oversized basketball shoes or whatever they are with jeans, it looks weird to me.. And I just don’t like when people wear shirts with brand names on them. Ooh and those skinny jean leggings things? Jeggings or whatever.. I don’t like those at all.Umm fashion trends I like are definitely converse, ballet flats (certain kinds). I also just like indie type dresses and floral patterns on skirts, shirts, and dresses. (: