May 7th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping
By Faith

Sanaa Lathan attended the 27th Annual Lucille Lortel Awards in New York City and walked away with the award for Outstanding Lead Actress for the play By The Way, Meet Vera Stark. She looked ravishing in a turquoise wide-leg jumpsuit:

Her hair and makeup were flawless. Work Sanaa!

Get ways to recreate Sanaa’s look here.

Everytime I see Sanaa on the red carpet, I get upset that I don’t see her out and about more often! She is absolutely gorgeous and when she wears color, it’s even better.

Are you feeling Sanaa’s look?

23 Responses to “Get the Look: Sanaa Lathan’s 27th Annual Lucille Lortel Awards Turquoise Jumpsuit”

1. Alexis says:

she looks gorgeous!!! love this jumpsuit!!

2. A.Renee says:

She is gorgeous, I’ll always like her. Love and Basketball is one of my favorite movies….. For the plus size divas simplybe.com has this jumpsuit in the same color!

3. Cute, I wish her hair was bigger though!

4. NYC chick says:

Make-up looks perfect! Pretty jumpsuit…I’d just use a different belt (skinny belt with pop of color or bling). Someone else critiqued her hair but I actually like the fact that she’s not too weaved out…I can see she has some pieces in there but its not overdone.
    Black women- we can look beautiful without weave hanging down our backs.

5. Carol says:

I loved her dress!!

6. Erica B. says:

I love the jumpsuit on her. I too wish she’d gone with a belt in a contrasting color.

7. @NYC chick, you can have big hair without having a weave…

8. Mely B says:

Sanaa looks gorgeous – I can’t recall ever seeing her in this color before and it looks great. Her hair & makeup are also on point (on a secret squirrel mission for the lip gloss).

9. Indigo says:

@ NYC Chick Black females are not the only ones ODing on weaves.. lol Comments like yours is how we unconsciously pigeon hole/stereotype ourselves. “All women can be beautiful without weaves hanging down their back”

10. Johana says:

I really like the color of the dress, it reminds me a dress I saw at Sandro, the Parisian clothier. I read an article about this awesome store that just arrived in New York this year http://www.frenchcultureguide.com/12/sandro-brings-parisian-style-to-new-york/

11. shelly says:

I think Sanaa looks gorgeous and the make-up is flawless (as always), and I love this color on her. But I am not crazy about the jumpsuit itself. I think it may be the belt. I also think the suit ages her a bit.

12. Sharon says:

She does no wrong!!! love her!!

13. Amanda says:

Love it! Sanaa Lathan looks good in anything. So classy

14. Ayana says:

She looks very classy. I love the color too!

15. Nicole says:

bebe has a simliar jumpsuit i believe for $119

16. This looks great to me!! Love Sanaa

17. NYC chick says:

Sun & Indigo- I know black women can have big hair without weave (I myself have huge hair- think Chaka Khan meets Diana Ross, but real). While black women aren’t the only ones who wear weave, we are the biggest offenders. We are weave-addicted and I find it sad (particularly since the weave rarely resembles the texture of our actual hair). Not trying to offend or distract from the fashion focus of this blog… and I’m def not a militant, but I’ve been disturbed by the fact that there are so few black females on here who wear their own hair! What does that say about how we feel about our hair?

A true fashion bomb doesn’t need the weave as a prop IMO… I think black women are beautiful/fly with hair at all lengths and textures. I wore my hair short in the past and would rock a short natural in a heart beat over a weave.

18. Sarees says:

Superb suit.. The lady looks so gorgeous in this outfit…

19. vonne says:

She looks beautiful. The blue jumpsuit is gorgeous against her skintone.

20. blow my candles out says:

she looks beautiful – it definetly compliments her skin complexion
    her and G union are definetly giving girls in their late 20′s a run for theyre money 0_0

21. Briana says:

Sanaa looks AMAZING!!

22. LA says:

I guess it’s time to invest in a Catherine Malandrino piece…love this silk jumpsuit on Sanaa.

23. Like it! Sanaa Lathan looks gorgeous in any outfit. So classy