April 30th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
By Faith

How was everyone’s weekend? Monday has come back around and May is just one day away!

The 2012 White House Correspondents Association Dinner was the place to be this weekend and a slew of stars attended in glamorous looks. There were also a few movie premieres as the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival is underway, as well as some of our favorite celebs keeping it casual.

Let’s dive in shall we?

Of course the main focus this weekend was the President and his First Lady and our FLOTUS Michelle Obama definitely brought it in the glamour department. She wore a strapless paisley gown from Naeem Khan’s Fall 2011 collection, slightly altered from the runway.

Her hair and makeup were absolutely flawless and she accessorized with Carla Amorim Aurora Earrings.

Our POTUS kept it classy in a black and white tux. Hot!

Kerry Washington rocked a coral long sleeve v-neck dress from Calvin Klein, along with a clutch from Roger Vivier. Kerry is breathtakingly beautiful, but this dress does nothing for her figure. Hmm…love the color, not a fan of the silhouette.

Her sleek ponytail and rosy pink lip were nice accents, however. Work Kerry!

Eva Longoria went flirty in a high collar brocade dress from Marchesa’s Fall 2012 collection. She loves Brian Atwood and thus accessorized with a pair of his pumps. Not my favorite choice of shoe, but I can’t deny that she looks beautiful!

Her makeup was perfect and I loved her fun updo.

Rashida Jones also opted for a Fall 2012 dress, hers being from Tory Burch. Her teal printed peplum gown was slightly altered from the runway. Chic!

Her signature bangs and cherry red lips rounded out her beauty look.

Alicia Keys went bright in a dress from Diane Von Furstenberg and $845 Valentino Microstud Bow Platform Slingbacks. Hmm…this look is lovely, but seems more appropriate for a day at the office (not a red carpet event at the White House).

She chose a fresh face and natural curls. Loving her hair, though.

Rosario Dawson also chose color on the red carpet in an emerald green gown from Armani Privé. Hot!

She opted for loose curls and natural makeup, letting the dress play centerstage.

Sofia Vergara wore a dress from David Meister’s Signature Collection and accessorized with sky-high Christian Louboutin peep-toe pumps. I adore Sofia, but I’ve come to expect this look from her unfortunately. I’m itching for something different!

She chose her signature waves, red lips and statement earrings to finish her ensemble.

Kim Kardashian looked quite reserved in an emerald green velvet gown that showed very little skin. Guess she had to turn down her normal sauciness for a night with the Prez.

You know she always serves in the makeup department and she pulled her hair up into a sleek chignon. Very ladylike Kimmy! Wonder if Kanye had any say in this look…

Alongside her daughter, Kris Jenner was in attendance as well, stealing the spotlight in a one-shoulder draped gown that matched the red carpet and glittering accessories.

She gave her hair loads of volume and her face looked flawless. Like mother, like daughter?

Viola Davis opted for a red one-shoulder gown as well, though Viola’s was from Amsale’s Spring 2012 Bridal collection.

Are you seeing a trend here? Chrissy Teigen went for a red frock as well, providing the perfect complement to her fiancé, John Legend’s tux. I must admit, they’re one good looking couple!

More red! This time just in the shoes. Mary J. Blige opted for red suede pumps, but for her dress, she went glam in a long-sleeve knee-length LBD that showed off her décolletage with chainmail-esque detailing.

Mary can’t get away from her blonde locks, but is rocking a shorter length these days. Not sure how I feel about the dark roots, but the cut is definitely very sophisticated and gorgeous!

Holly Robinson-Peete looked beautiful in a draped gown with silver and black beaded embellishment from Mandalay.

She straightened her natural hair and really brought the glamour with fierce eyes.

Onto other events, Freida Pinto went menswear-inspired at the premiere of her new film “Trishna” at the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival. She wore a raspberry single-breasted Gucci suit, straight from the brand’s Pre-Fall 2012 collection, along with black pumps. I’m really feeling this ensemble on Freida and I’m looking forward to more menswear-inspired looks from her in the future!

Side-swept bangs and rosy pink lips finished her look.

Street style aficionado Rita Ora rocked her beloved Jordans at Lavo Nightclub with a leather motorcycle jacket, cone bra top and $120 Haleh Nematzadeh Denim Fringe Shorts. Hmm…the bra is not my cup of tea, and can we all agree that those shorts are a disaster? Better luck next time, Rita!

Colorblocking anyone? Jessica Alba showed us how it’s done while out and about in Santa Monica. Cute no?

Kimora Lee Simmons opted for a casual look, uplifting it all with statement-making black accessories including her crocodile Birkin and studded cap-toe booties. Loving the accessories for sure! Kimora is looking very thin though: it’s kind of startling.

Tyrese looked fresh in a linen suit and white shelltoe Adidas at the 2012 Big Screen Achievement Awards during CinemaCon in Las Vegas. Hot! He looks great here.

At the Housing Works 2012 Design On A Dime Event in New York City, Rachel Roy opted for the classic color palette of black and white. I like this ensemble, but the loafers aren’t the best pairing: a simple pump here would have done the trick.

Last, but not least, it was a really big weekend for Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon as they renewed their vows in Paris. She chose a white ruched mermaid dress, accented with a black bow and her husband matched her perfectly in a white suit with a black tie. How sweet!

Who had your favorite looks this weekend?
~Faith

43 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm… The 2012 White House Correspondents Association Dinner, Rita Ora, Jessica Alba, and More!”

1. Tp says:

Hmm it seems like tailors were too busy this week in dc…cause some of the looks from the correspondents dinner could have been hot with a nip and tuck (Kerry Washington!!!!) or a little letting out (Rosario Dawson).

Get a tailor rule #1 in fashion

2. Jennifer says:

Random, but I preferred Olivia’s White House gown to Kerry’s.

Mariah’s dress & Mary’s hair are so THEM, lol. (In a good way.)

Lady O & Ms. Pinto are my faves

3. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

The FLOTUS hair FTW! And Freida Pinto is so damn gorgeous!

4. Havelyn R says:

Please can anyone tell me who Mary J Blige is wearing. Loving that dress!!

5. Mely B says:

FLOTUS is rocking it as usual – her hair, makeup, dress & accessories are on point! POTUS – looks his usual debonair self.

Keri – the color looks great on her but the dress should’ve been nipped @ the waist to show off her figure.

AKeys – love ya like a fat kid loves cake but NO!

Rosario – NO! The “girls” are sitting funny & the dress is too tight.

Viola – should’ve rocked her ‘fro, those wigs age her terribly.

Mary J – please let go of the blond for a minute.

Mariah & Nick – too cute.

6. Caribbelle says:

FLOTUS’ hair and skin look lovely. I love the color on Kerry, however I feel that the dress would have been a knockout if it had actually fit her. She was swimming in it. Other than that, I like Frida’s look. That’s it.

7. talina says:

I think Rosario’s dress is very beautiful but shows too many!
    alicia is a true beauty but sorry it boring!!!! offers us something please
    I love the dress mariah I wish their best

8. Mira says:

can you say that someone just looks Layed all the way? not just the hair? I snapped my fingers till they hurt.

oh MJB ohhh lawd, her hairdresser needs to hide from me, cause I’ll do something to them when I see them.

I think Rita Ora actually looks fabulous, this look screams fun and crazy, which is what she oozes imo.

Ciao

9. Dana says:

This is how this post should be written! With a little commentary underneath each! Love it! Kris jenners make up and body skin don’t match though :S

10. ChooseyLover says:

Rita Ora face looks a bit old. But I love her style.
    Kerry Washington Don’t like how her dress fit on her.
    Eva Longori Lover her dress.
    Rashida Jones A big NO NO.
    Alicia Keys What were you thinking?!? That tights and that ugly belt.

11. Sandra says:

Got to give it to Mrs. O and Frieda Pinto. Everybody else especially Mary J.Blige, Alicia, Kerry Washington and Rosario Dawson were the worst dressed as far as I am concerned.

Even Kim which I am not a fan of looked very nice while being covered up. It shows that despite what some wants us to believe you can still be sexy while being covered up. Mrs. Obama does an excellent job in that department and she still wins.

12. AB says:

First and foremost, Mr. and Mrs. Obama look sublime.
    Rashida Jones, Viola Davis, Chrissy & John, Frieda Pinto…Just YES.

Now onto the slander…
    - Eva Longoria’s frame is too small for that boxy dress, but makeup and hair were stunning!
    - Loving Alicia Keys’ hair, but yes her outfit was more “date night” than “White House”
    - Can’t believe Rosario has her tatas out like that…. SECURITY!!!
    - Kris Jenner looks like somebody stole her out of Madame Tussaud’s

13. Mira says:

oh and Rosario Dawson, stop sniffing on thta White so much, lookin like a Heidi Fleiss girl cut loose in the white house

Great selections all around! Michelle Obama is my fave though…hands down! She looked FLAWLESS, and I Love paisley dresses/gowns…. Werk 1st Lady!

15. FashionOne says:

FLOTUS for the win…Hot!

16. Shanita says:

I HEART MY FLOTUS!

17. Purple says:

I can’t with Kimmy’s Christmas frock. Kris Jenner is ready for the “There’s Something About Mary” remake. I have no words for that dead chinchilla on Mary’s head. Mariah Carey and Sofia Vergara need to try different silhouettes.

Frida Pinto looks amazing.

18. Chels says:

Not a fan of Rosario’s “twins”…..Eva, Kelly & Viola look gorgeous and Mariah’s dress is very pretty as well….it curves in all the right places

19. ninjo says:

Mrs. Obama showed out! Just perfect.

Rita looks scary.

Alicia Keys makes me sad in this dress. This was too big of an event for that H&M looking dress (sorry had to say that for Biko)

20. Karen says:

Kimmy Cakes looks like a curtain or casket covering- like REALLY- what is that!

21. katie says:

“No more natural hair for Viola! A chin-length bobbed wig is her new ‘do of choice.”

She needs to bring it back, she look ridiculous with straight hair. It looks bad and it ages her.

22. Indigo says:

OMG… please tell me FBD is not gonna mention Kim or Kanye,every time they are featured alone… “Wonder if Kanye had any say in this look” << O_o

23. Indigo says:

Did Viola perm her hair? I’m just asking because it states “No more natural hair for Viola” If she didn’t perm her hair, then she STILL HAS her natural hair.. She just chose to wear it different. No need to make a big deal about her hair..then get mad when Hollywood does…

24. ... says:

Freida Pinto

25. Rosario looks like an escort looking for a trick! No bueno.

It’s clear as day Viola wears WIGS!! DUH!

Alicia Keys looks homely as hell. I swear she’s always off or on. Mostly off.

26. Michelle Obama looked great! I loved her hair and everything else! I like the color of Keri’s dress but not for the President’s correspondent dinner. Kim K looked absolutely stunning in her green velvet gown. Alicia’s ensemble for attending a gradutaion ceremony. I’m so over Sofia V. and Mariah Carey.

27. Indigo says:

@Brooklyn Lady, I hope the comment about Viola wasn’t directed towards me,,,anyone can see she has on a wig. It’s just not a a big deal as ppl try to make it.

28. BK says:

FLOTUS looked absolutely STUNNING! She got it all right — hair, makeup and dress. This is one of my favorite looks from her. She has definitely created a lane for herself where style is concerned. LOVES! I was so disappointed in Kerry’s look. I love her and she’s usually amazing, but she gets so lost in this dress. The color is gorgeous, but the dress is ill-fitting.

Alicia was way too casual for my liking. It’s Nerd Prom! Put a little more effort into it!

So, are we all going to act like we don’t see Rosario’s pumped up boobs? Oh…ok. She looks cheap, and I think it’s due to all the excess cleavage. Not a good look at all in my opinion.

Sophia…blah.

Kim looks great from the neck up. I hate the heaviness of that velvet dress. I like Kris’s look minus the hair.

I hate this wig on Viola. It looks twisted. Lovely gown.

Chrissy & John look great!

I love nothing about Mary’s look. That hair is horrible. That dress looks cheap and while I get what she was trying to do with the pop of color for the shoes…just no.

29. Sleepless in San Fran says:

Freda Pinto looked flawless from head to toe.

There were lots of misses though. Rosario and her breasts and Alicia Keys really brought me down

30. binks says:

Mrs. Michelle Obama killed it! Werk first lady werk!

31. lovelybird says:

Freida Pinto !!!

32. Lydia says:

FLOTUS’S hair was whipped!!!! She killed it.

33. Sydni says:

Rita looks young hip and fun… which is her audience not to mention her style and she does it well!

34. Tisha says:

FLOTUS wins hands down!!!!

35. nyc chick says:

Ms. Obama and Frida look sublime. I also like John Legend’s girlfriend. It’s strange, all the others look way off- especially bad looks for Alicia, Rosario, and Mary. On the casual side, Kimora and Rachel Roy look chic.

36. Bella says:

I don’t get the big deal about Viola wearing wigs. We all tend to change up our hair. Somedays I am feeling a blowout, other days I feel like rocking my natural curls. When I was younger I kept my hair long, now I like it above the shoulder. No need for many AA to make a big deal out of how Viola decides to wear her hair.

37. tt says:

rita ora needs a fashion stylist asap! she looks a hot ass mess in that outfit.

38. Lola A. says:

Kris Ks milf swagg is always splashing ….my 1st lady (and big sister in my head) Slays everytime A Keys smh swizz needs to dress her because he is always fresh! No thanks Rita O and Kimora looks like she did back in her modeling days(pre baby phat ads)

39. Marthe says:

In the last post about Rita Ora I said how much I loved her style. I’ll take my words back. Kerry looks beautiful, I love that dress on her, it’s the first time she really catches my eye in the posts here. Kim looks surprisingly fabulous too!

40. lv says:

Its a LOT of disasters in this post mainly rashida and alicia. Rashida always looks schlepy… get a stylist or a better one. Alicia just looks rough. Kerry is one of my fashion icons, that’s a poor choice. Mrs. Obama took the cake though. Hair whipped, nice dress, Ok now!

41. whatevs says:

Besides FLOTUS and Viola…all I saw a lot of mess…Alicia and Mariah namely…

42. Diva says:

The President & his wife … always on point ! Nick & Mariah need to take a lesson, they look awful in that white.
    Did Viola feel pressured to rock her wig ? I loved her natural do.
    Kim K. looks like a grandma and her mother needs to get a reality check(oh wait she is getting several of those) but she dresses too young for me, not like a sophisticated woman of a certain age, I loved Kerry’s whole look and Alicia looks a hot mess…but then again she never has any style .

43. xi zane says:

Keri looks shapeless i that gown; i blame her stylist. Kim K. Looks like she’s the bridesmaid in Maria and Nick Cannon’s vow renewal. Alica need to take off them stockings. Rita…well she always looks a hot mess.

The first lady stole my heart absolutely flawless. Everyone not mentioned in the above paragraph looked stunning and fabulous!