April 30th, 2012
Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• For those of you constantly searching for Azealia Banks‘ releveance re: anything, here’s a bit of news. The ’212′ rapper announced via twitter that Alexander Wang has asked her to fashion’s prom night: this year’s Met Gala. Wang will custom design a dress and a pair of shoes for Banks. (Azealia Banks Twitter)

• Designer Tracy Resse has teamed up with Anthropologie for their “Made in Kind” capsule collection. The seven-piece range features some seriously springy frocks in the flirty, ultrafeminine silhouettes Reese is famous for. Prices range from $248 to $348. You can shop the collection now at Anthropologie. (Glamazons)

• It seems the layoffs over at Betsey Johnson were happening well before the news even broke via WWD friday. Thursday, Betsey’s entire design team was sent off with a celebration of champagne and, of course, cupcakes. Six weeks ago, several freelancers as well as full-time employees were let go. (ELLE)

• Baby gift e-tailer My1stYears.com has written an open letter to Posh Spice’s youngest, Harper Beckham, begging the nine-month-old to use her still-developing faculties, and sign on as a child model for the brand. Emily Standford, an employee of My1stYears, writes, “From what we have seen of you since your first public appearance less than a year ago, we know you have implacable style and taste. You were therefore the immediate first choice for our campaign. Due to child labour laws we cannot negotiate a contract or salary directly with you, that is why your Mummy and Daddy have been copied in on this letter. We are happy to speak with them about your fee; however, we are prepared to pay you a significant amount to be the face of our new range.” (Telegraph)

• Finally, after a slew of photo and video teasers, Rihanna has released her music video for “Where Have You Been,” and her dancing ain’t half bad. Nor is that Emilio Pucci beaded body suit she’s wiping the floor with. (Rihanna VEVO)

~Jihan

17 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Guess Who’s Taking Azealia Banks to The Met Ball, Tracy Reese Collaborates with Anthropologie, and Rihanna’s Video for ‘Where Have You Been’”

1. that skirt is stunning also loving the dress

2. hunnie says:

am i the only one who thought the teaser videos for “where have you been” were better than the actual video?”

3. Kitty B. says:

Someone help me understand this Azelia Banks chicks…i really dont get the hype about her or her music…

4. Hello says:

@hunnie no I agree I was watching the video like sooo what’s next, she should have released the video first then the behind the scenes vids later

5. Siyam says:

She did pretty good for her first big dance video with actual choreography after Pon De Replay and she looks good ! I can’t believe Harper is already getting letters for modeling contracts… Can the kid get to solid foods first? Lol

6. Nessa B says:

Rihanna’s video reminds me of Queen of the Damned

7. Mely B says:

RE: Azealea Banks – although I’m happy that the fashion world is extending a hand to her, I never like to see young African-American female singers or rappers use the ‘n’ word as gratuitously as she does. I like her voice (tone) and flow BUT am hoping that tracks for her debut album drastically cut down on it.

RE: Tracy Reese – hoping I can afford one or two pieces from that collection.

RE: Rhi Rhi’s video – can’t see it till I get home (doggone workplace blockers x __x )

8. Sandra says:

That is the thing I cannot deal with rap lacing your lyrics with the N word is too much for me. We ask others not to use it but many young and older folks are using it like it is a not a big deal. I serioulsy can’t with her but I wish her nothing but the best.

Little Harper is so cute. I want VB to adopt me because she sure has style.

Love Riri ‘s style but lately she is not doing it for me.

9. Manny says:

Rihanna has officially fallen the fck OFF for me.

she needs to get it together..dancing? not half bad? how can someone who has been with the greatest dancer du moment try to do a vid that looks this shitty? this is SHIT.

10. Anastasia says:

The video was nice but rihanna still can’t dance. She too stiff like loosen up!

11. ShrenAKO says:

What does the video have to do with, “Where the person been?!” …yeah, I don’t want to know.

12. @paparazzi_promo says:

loved the video !

13. Yesmama says:

After watching this video I realized that Rihanna generally does not move very quickly.

14. Jaz says:

Is it just me or does Azealia remind you of Malaysia Pargo?

15. Marthe says:

I actually like the video but god that voice + dancebeat makes my head ACHE. Why even call it ‘dance’ (the beat and style) if you can’t even properly shake your ass to it? I don’t understand this kind of music. Don’t hate me for it.

16. AbovePar says:

The word nigga isn’t going anywhere, so yall niggas should just get over it.

17. Tobias says:

Hi,My name is Heather Jones and I am the assistant etdior of Epsychologist.org. I am contacting you today in hopes of developing a relationship with your website; we have seen your site and think your content is great. Epsychologist.org offer a free informational resource to both the general and professional public on several issues. I hope you show some interest in building relationship, please contact me at .