April 28th, 2012
Date Night, Spring Wardrobe, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What to Wear on a Fun, Recreational Date

Candice writes, “Help please! I am going to Dave and Busters for my first date and I want to look sexy and chic. Can you help me with some looks??”
Of course! Dave and Busters is a casual place to indulge in arcade games, eats, and fun. Looking low key yet sexy is sometimes difficult, but the summer months allow us a little gem that treads the line nicely: playsuits. The onesie is fun and flirty, can be dressed up or down with flats or wedges, and is endlessly saucy:

I’d recommend getting one in a muted color and playing it up with either flats or a wedge if you’re feeling racy. Accent with stacked bangles, hoops, and a cross body bag:

If you don’t mind making a splash (ahem, me), go for a playsuit in ravishing yellow.

Finish with a wedge or keep it cool in a pop colored flat:

And lastly, if you just want to kick it and be casual, opt for a capri pant and a simple tank.

Slip on a wedge if you’re feeling frisky, or feel relaxed in a cheeky pair of sneakers. Add interest with a red lip and diamond studs.

What do you think?
Which look would you rock?
*Note, the tank in the last collage is from H&M. The bag in collage 2 is by Kate Spade.

24 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear on a Fun, Recreational Date”

1. Cherokee says:

I like all three looks, but the last is my fave. The first two looks while very cute, might come off as trying too hard. I do think the first two looks are great second date outfits and can be glammed up a little for the night.

2. KinkyCurly says:

I like all of the looks save for the capti’s,just not my thing.I really love the yellow play suit.

3. DoubleR says:

The first two options are adorable…yet entirely too dressy for Dave & Buster’s! That last option is the best bet unless you’re hitting up a very trendy branch of the franchise. Otherwise you might feel a bit to “diva-fied” for the occasion/surroundings.

4. jillibooboo says:

i adore these looks! good job.

5. binks says:

Lovely selections Claire! Personally I would rock option 1 or 2, I like option 3 but it seems TOO relaxed for a date for me personally but all are great picks

6. Tiffany says:

Number one <3 love it, I need that!

7. Lauren says:

Bravo! Great post, Claire!

8. Very cute! I love the playsuits, the capris–not so much.

9. Great looks. Love the colors. The yellow bag is hot.

10. Jaz says:

I wouldnt recommend d&b for a first date- entirely too noisy. I think outfit #3 would be best though.

11. Raven says:

I abs love the last outfit … that is something I would wear!

12. p says:

outfit #2 is def my fav. i think wearing the playsuit with flats would definitely keep it casual enough for d&b.

13. Tamara says:

I absolutely adore the first look. The trendy mint green accents make me want to holler I’m loving it so much.

14. Labella Luxe says:

The outfits in the first two pictures are sharp! Love the all the shoes and handbags.

15. Nelly says:

Outfit #3 is best for Dave & Buster’s. That place is more chill and relaxed, but you don’t want to look bummy for your 1st date. The wedge heels look a little more polished to finish the look or maybe some wedge sneaks. I love the other two looks as well, but I think that’s more appropriate for going to a trendy restaurant on the beach or to a nice show/concert.

16. Adorable collection… I specially like the first collection to wear…

17. Nice collection of these dresses. I loved t. thanks for sharing.

18. Kay says:

wait this is all for Dave and Buster!!! :/

19. Sophie says:

The dress from Net a Porter is awesome but that reminds me the one I saw on at a French vintage store Fille de Joie, my favorite store for shopping lovers. I read an article about this awesome store on http://www.frenchcultureguide.com/07/ccs-vintage-wonders/

20. Meme says:

<3 the first outfit!!

21. Liz says:

Fun looks!

22. E says:

Instead of capris or the 3rd look she could opt for black shorts and that would dress it up a little more. I love outfits one and two. Great selection!

23. ummm so Im kind of obsessed with those Steve Madden Pammy wedges… thanks for posting… money being debited from my account as I “type” ;)

Jen

24. Really stunning collection.I think first outfit will be looking elegant.