April 26th, 2012
Concert, Spring Wardrobe, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What an Adult Can Wear to a Kiddie Concert

Sharie writes, “I’m 30 years old and I’m taking my 12 year old daughter to an Omg Girlz concert! I need help with something to wear. I dont want to look like a teenager, but I don’t want to look like a 40-year-old mom. I am open to color and prints and I gotta have a heel!! Please help me!!!!”
Most concerts geared towards the younger set (especially the OMG Girlz), are all about color and playful fun. For this occasion, I’d hop on this season’s neon trend with a bright colored blazer, and add a dash of funk with a polka dot tank:

Since you asked for a heel, bring the look together with a colorblock neon peep toe like these Alima numbers by Brian Atwood. If you ultimately decide against a heel, these studded slippers from Topshop are cute and comfy.

Get the look for less with these:

*Please note, you can get affordable neon blazers at Zara.
No lie, the above outfit was inspired by these hot yet youthful mommas:

Get info on Kris’s outfit here. Get Misa’s outfit info here.
What do you think?

9 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What an Adult Can Wear to a Kiddie Concert”

1. Erica B. says:

I’m a 41 year old mom and that is exactly what I would wear if I were taking my 14 year old to a concert.

2. Sharie says:

Thanks
    I love the look

3. Dee says:

Nice choices.

4. Grandmas are now 35~TRUE says:

30 with a 12 year old?? WOWWWWWW

5. binks says:

Cute!

6. Holly says:

this is cute.. big thumbs down to the person that said “30 with a 12 year old” you don’t have the right to judge anyone.

7. dyshaun says:

Im a 30 year with a 15…so dont fret your hate doesnt have to end with Sharie! *eye roll*

8. msbibi says:

I don’t have any kids, but you should never judge anyone for having a baby young….you don’t know their circumstances. I do think some women/girls will never mature enough and will never develop maternal instinct to have a kid…. EVER. But as long as you are a good mother, what does it matter how old you were.

Love the pink blazer

9. Lola A. says:

Yep that means she was 18 the same age I was when I had my son and what is your point??? Even your posted by is tacky as hell so please fade to black with the B.S.