April 26th, 2012
Cool Online Find, Fashion News, You Should Know
Cool Online Finds: 5 Fashion and Beauty Tumblrs You Should Know

Tumblrs are sources of inspiration–one stop web shops where an editor can curate quotes, videos, and pictures to tell a beautiful tale. We’ve uncovered 5 where you can get your fashion and beauty fix, and allow your eyes to dance along the gorgeous pictures and well plucked phrases:

1. Black Fashion (www.blackfashion.tumblr.com)

With snapshots, street style, and celeb style galore, Black Fashion’s tumblr is chock full of chic goodness.

Peruse the plethora of pages or even submit a picture to be featured yourself (I’ve spied a few Fashion Bombshells on there–cute!).

2. Heel My Soles (www.heelmysoles.tumblr.com).

If you’re a shoe fanatic, Heel My Soles is right up your alley.

Be prepared to drool over oodles of haute heels and graphic wedges. There’s a lot to lust over!

3. Vintage Black Glamour (www.vintageblackglamour.tumblr.com)

Get a sense of nostalgia with archived pictures of everyone from Josephine Baker and Eartha Kitt to Tina Turner and Aretha Franklin (below).

Unlike most tumblrs, the author entices us with lengthy prose, providing back stories to a good portion of her pictures.

4. Le Coil (www.lecoil.tumblr.com)

Need natural hair inspiration? Look no further than Le Coil.

From dreads, to braids, to teeny weeny afros, they showcase it all with wonderful clarity.

5.Black Girls Killing It (www.blackandkillingit.com)

Get your hair and style ‘life’ here, with a slew of images of the young, black, and fabulous working their best.

What are some of your favorite Tumblrs? Leave a comment and let us know!

*The Fashion Bomb doesn’t have a tumblr yet (we’ve reserved the space, but don’t have anyone to curate it). Maybe our future intern will take over the project? In the meantime, don’t fret… I have a tumblr! XoxoClaire.com is all about me and is full of nonsense, like this:

Yes, I find this hilarious. Check me out on www.xoxoclaire.com.

26 Responses to “Cool Online Finds: 5 Fashion and Beauty Tumblrs You Should Know”

1. Apple says:

Cool post. I follow two of these but I will defibately add the others.

2. Danielle says:

I follow two of those already (Black Fashion and Black Girls Killing It), and they are great! Oh, and I follow Claire’s Tumblr as well, lol. I’m going to check out the Vintage Black Glamour page now, thanks for this article.

3. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

This post was just what I needed in the cultural desolate town I’m stationed in.

4. la mala says:

i love(d) lecoil, esp. when i was transitioning to natural hair. but it hasn’t been updated since october 2011 : (

5. Vanessa says:

look at Syble in the first pic(spelled wrong i think)…nice

6. vonne says:

I was obsessed with leCoil when I was newly naturally. Haven’t been on there for awhile. Gonna check out their new pics.

7. yusufswifee says:

love this, claire. Will definitely add the two I dont already follow. Browsing tumblrs is how I unwind – fairly new to this.

8. TheFav1 says:

Good stuff! thx for the post :)

9. metoo247 says:

Great post…Thanks Claire ;-)

10. Neil Alvin says:

Claire you’re amazing and thanks for featuring BGKI, stay killing it!!

11. Joslyn says:

I follow all except one. :)

12. Dee says:

Omg! Thank you for the vintage black glamour!

13. MissD says:

I’m so happy BlackFashion and BlackandKillingit made it on Fashionbombdaily, Their blogs and my own are my favorites oh yea and please check out Another Fashion Book By Icy Twan I love his tumblr blog!

14. AmazinRee says:

My favorite Tumblr is MckenzieRenae.tumblr.com. There are a few more that I look at but not necessarily follow.

15. bella says:

most of my posts are fashion related! http://katemimosa.tumblr.com

vintageblackglamour looks awesome. about to follow.

16. Nakia P says:

Claire,

You are my bestie in my head :)

17. Renee says:

So does that mean that the Instagram account FashionBombDaily isn’t associated with your site Claire?

18. aries says:

thank you for the posts, i love that first pic, the suit with the african colors. that is sharp.

19. Claire says:

@Renee Instagram is a different platform from Tumblr…but as long as the Fashion Bomb name is on it and it’s curated by me (and is linked to thefashionbomb twitter), then it’s affiliated with the site.

20. Deb Bee says:

Hey Claire, you forgot about mine, Rose in a Concrete World! A fashion blogger where covet events in the fashion, lifestyle and design world. Hollla!
    (http://roseinaconcreteworld.tumblr.com/)

21. andie says:

im not natural but i love the blog http://hi-imcurrentlyobsessed.tumblr.com/ they have sooo many cute outfit and hair styles. there are more but i would be typing forever! n visit me if you feel so inclined http://flypeople.tumblr.com/

22. Nichelle says:

Thank you for including Vintage Black Glamour in your top 5 Claire! I love every minute of doing it and I am constantly humbled by the reception it gets. I knew about all if the Tumblrs you named except Heel My Soles and your tumblr! #followingnow:) Thanks again!

23. Leah says:

So glad you enjoyed that picture I posted of the cute little kid! :) Love this site so much and you’re such a great help with your posts!

Tumblr: Styleyoulove.tumblr.com

24. Renee says:

Yea, that’s what i thought. The Fashionbombdaily account on Instagram is run by someone else and doesn’t show a link to this site but to some shopping site.

25. Great article, I love to see other tumblr blogs featured!

26. Deneshia M. says:

Check out chroniclesofafatshionista.tumblr.com ; I guarantee you’ll love it!