April 25th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Who Wore it Better

Raven Symone hit up 106 & Park yesterday in a leather jacket and fringed top, accented by the same $198 Rag & Bone/JEAN Split Skinny Jeans Monica Brown wore to Live with Kelly:

While Monica undoubtedly went for full on glam in a Haider Ackermann Tuxedo Jacket and Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Platform Pumps, Raven kept it cool with flat black strappy boots and a smile.
The mid rise jeans embody this season’s colorblock trend, boasting a split seam that separates the pant’s white and black components.

Honestly, both outfits aren’t really my cup of tea, but if I had to choose, Monica would take it! I’m a sucker for a blazer and a high heel.
What do you think?

Can’t decide? Get the jeans here.
*See Raven interview with Rocsi here:

*More interested in Rocsi’s dress?

It’s from Topshop.

Images: John Richard care of BET Networks

25 Responses to “Who Wore it Better? Raven Symone vs. Monica Brown in Rag & Bone’s Split Skinny Jeans”

1. I think I like Raven’s outfit more because of the fringe. I’m a sucker for fringe. And I think Monica’s top is throwing me off.

2. Shantae says:

I just can’t believe Raven came out looking like that. It’s truly saddening.

3. Rebecca says:

I say neither… Monica outfit would look better if the neckline wasn’t so high up

4. Sonique says:

Raven all the way. Her outfit is more funky. Her hair and the jacket make the outsift.

5. alanc230 says:

I don’t like the pants. Still, I think the rest of Raven’s outfit looks better. She has grown up from a pretty little girl into a very attractive young lady.

6. aries says:

i picked neither, but if i really had to pick, i would pick Raven, the fringes and the boots made it cute, i don’t like Monica in skinny jeans with skinny ankles and big shoes.

7. Jaz says:

I dont like the pants. I do however, love the short hair on Raven

8. Anastasia says:

OMGGG DO YALL SEE THE CHICK IN THE AUDIENCE LEGS?!!! WTF

Onto raven & monica. I like Raven’s outfit more

9. Belle says:

I chose Raven’s outfit more because It is more simple compared to Monica’s. Monica looks very uncomfortable in her outfit. She should lose the blue blazer and she would look fine. That blazer is too tight and too snug on her. Go for a size bigger.

10. mspattycakes says:

I’m interested in knowing where Raven’s top came from.

11. d says:

The shoes make Monica the winner of this one. And on a sidenote: Rocsi’s stylist should be shot for letting her wear that defective dress on TV. The pattern should match perfectly from front to back especially when you are celeb status. Beware of your side seams ladies.

12. krystel says:

Rocsi looks great.

13. aj_wright says:

OMG the dress is ‘defective’ yikes!!

14. Farah Andrea says:

@ Anastasia, OMG is right!!!! I did a double take when you mentioned da chick in da audience who needed to have to LONG BLACK pants!!! What the?! o_O

N oh yeah, I think Monica rocked the pants better ;)

15. Blessed&WellDressed says:

I am SHOCKED Raven is without her signature weave. This sounds bad but she looks like somebody off the street, natural hair is great but not this, I almost rather see the afro look again.

ps Rocsi’s dress is just way to close to the Versace print, although I would buy it! (But I’m not on TV)

16. Not feeling either of their looks. The pants are cute, but they weren’t styled right.

17. AmazinRee says:

Monica…Raven look a MESS!

18. itsjustme says:

i like the pants, but neither of the outfits. are they jeans or leggings?

19. kat says:

Why do you have to wear long pants just because you have scars? idiots.

I agree with you kat those too are so ignorant if that was your child would you say wear long pants omg no one wants to look at your scars grow up

21. binks says:

Monica! Am I the only one who thinks Rosci overdress for the demographics of the show?

22. xi zane says:

I love Raven’s look from the Neck down. Natural hair doesn’t mean lifeless. That said, Ray is looking like a knock out with her slimmer frame!

23. Erin says:

Neither.

24. jeioko lee says:

They both looked cute but when I watched 106 they made Raven appear knock kneed so i don’t know if the two toned skinnys were right for her legs maybe a different pattern would’ve looked better. Nonetheless I love me some Raven Symone I named my niece after her lol

25. kat says:

I like the pants better on Raven. I like the way she paired it with that fringe top.