April 25th, 2012
Beauty, Beyonce, Fashion News
People Magazine Names Beyoncé The World’s Most Beautiful Woman of 2012

People recently named Beyoncé The World’s Most Beautiful Woman of 2012:

The wife, mother, and music mogul covers the magazine’s special double “Most Beautiful” issue, on newsstands Friday April 27th.

In the exclusive interview, Beyonce says, “I feel more beautiful than I’ve ever felt because I’ve given birth. I have never felt so connected, never felt like I had such a purpose on this earth.” She adds, “The best thing about having a daughter is having a true legacy…The word ‘love’ means something completely different now.”
What do you think of People’s choice?
Check out a behind-the-scenes video for her cover shoot here.
See more at www.people.com/mostbeautiful.
Main image spied @ I am Beyonce

Posted In
77 comments

77 Responses to “People Magazine Names Beyoncé The World’s Most Beautiful Woman of 2012”

1. Dannielle says:

Not a fan of that cover picture, but i love Bey! It’s great to see a black woman voted World’s Most Beautiful

2. T1K says:

Congrats! :)

3. Ay says:

Congrats to King Bey! She exudes beauty both inside and out, and you can surely see an increased sense of confidence from her since she has given birth. Glad to see a black woman earn the title of World’s Most Beautiful.

4. Tia says:

i dont think so! but im glad they chose a black woman!

5. Jumelle says:

Congrats B! She is a beautiful, artistic, well rounded, and most importantly, HUMBLE individual- I have mounds of respect for her–particularly her work ethic and the value she places on her family and her privacy, while still remaining true to her fans– She and Jay-Z have given Black Love a new meaning and I love it- People Mag- you made a great choice!! ;)

6. Great choice. I love that they chose a black woman and Bey at that. She is the epitome of beauty, grace and a woman.

7. DallasGirl says:

I Love Beyonce!! B the Beautiful!

8. fashion roadkill says:

That is a beautiful woman…………….love B

9. lolodoll11 says:

Major props to People for selecting a sista. So many times we see these mediocre looking white women / men voted most beautiful. Glad to see we’re being acknowledged for our beauty…even if it is someone who conforms to white standards of beauty.

10. aj_wright says:

@lolo I cosign with u

11. Marsha D says:

Lemme see Gabourey Sidibe up in there then I’ll be convinced that they’re letting us get a toe in…..s/n..go King Bey

12. CC says:

that pic is ok, but i seen a behind the scene video where she look GORGEOUS! Congrats to her

Congrats Bey!

14. vonne says:

Congrats to Beyonce. Although, I don’t think she’s the best representation of black beauty as she’s worn a blonde wig for about a decade.

15. makeeasweet says:

@lolodoll11

how does beyonce conforms to white standard of beauty?.is it her hair?,cause she had plenty of different hairstyles and colors over the years.

16. Cynthia says:

Congratulations, B! Welcome back to work! LOVE you. I am also happy they named her most beautiful after giving birth…THOUGH, I do know that was a business move. To get the FIRST post-baby interview, they had to come guns blazing!

17. BlkRose says:

I guess the whole white beauty is that the average black woman does not have light skin, dark green/brown eyes, and can get away with rocking Honey blonde hair or even really blond her. The only black woman to have also recieved this title I think is Halle Berry and even she has european features.I’ve met Beyonce a few times, and she does look someone with mixed heritage. I guess some of us would love to see a brown beauty celebrated like Gabby Union. I personally don’t care, because at the end of the day she’s still a black woman with mixed heritage that had to work her ass to get to where she is. White artist come out like Lady GaGa and outsell her in only a few years.I respect Beyonce for doing her best. Would I love to see darker women with wider noses get most beautiful, I want to see that within our own communties first.

18. Lea says:

PR written all over this.

19. bella says:

I don’t understand what the big deal is. people find any reason to hate. How does she not represent black beauty? You have to be brown or dark skinned to be considered a “black beauty” now?? We come in all colors and shapes. Mary J Blige wears blonde hair. Does she represent black beauty? Rihanna wore blonde hair. what about her? Raven Symone, Chanel Iman, Keke Palmer, Lala, Ciara, etc had blonde in their ombre hair. Do all of them want to be “white”??? People only have an issue when BEYONCE does something.

20. bella says:

Also Claire has blonde hair now. what about her??????? SMH.

21. Lola says:

@ BlkRose

Stay forever pressed girl. Congrats Beyonce

22. D'Navia says:

I agree with Bella. I was excited to come to this site and read GREAT things about Beyonce being chosen for most Beautiful Person. At the end of the day to Caucasian people Beyonce is BLACK and she relates to the African American community in my opinion. I don’t see why this has to be taken to an entire different level and some of you have to come off as being so “angry” with a million points to prove. Damn! So in order for you to be “Black” you must have dark skin, a wide nose, coarse hair and none of these “so-called” European features? But let a white person mention the above features and all hell would break lose. BTW, I am African American and Hispanic.

23. LAX says:

This is not a black woman on this cover Bey is calming to be creole! French and native American ( complete with nose job) Either it would have been nice to see Angela Basset or Tons Turner, or tarajhi or countless others on that cover . Dont buy into the hype light skin isn’t the standard of beauty and neither is the make-up wigs bleaching etc. Young ladies out there u are beautuful just the way you are. let me see who the top ranking black female singers are. Beyonce(light), Rihanna(light), and that Minaj chick(LIGHT!). Please name one brown girl that’s killing the game right now. There is none! simply because the black community doesn’t support them. Congrats for the cover Beyonce, but you don’t represent true black beauty.

24. LAX says:

Forgot to add Alicai keys(MIXED). Give me a break, we allow Hollywood to present watered down images of black women to our daughters.

25. BlkRose says:

@Lola

I’m a woman, not a girl. Get that right. Did I say she didn’t deserve the cover? did I say that she wasn’t black enough? I’m glad you like me, would you like an autograph!

26. makeeasweet says:

how does beyonce look mixed??i swear i cant stand when people say she doesnt look like a “average” black woman,since when do all black woman look alot.im around the same complexion as her,you wouldnt believe the dumb things people say and the sad part is it mostly come from black men and black women.i seen plenty of very darkskin woman with narrow noses.there no way in hell you can find one person to represent a whole ethnic group.

27. EshaDiva says:

I agree with Blk Rose & Lax, I LOVE Bey and glad she got it but she is of obvious mixed heritage as is Halle, its clear to see in her features and skin tone. She has black in her and is beautiful but does she represent black beauty? not really in my opinion our society has convinced us that to be beautiful you HAVE to be mixed, fair skinned “good” hair and features. I would love to see a brown skin girl with traditional black features be celebrated in the same way Bey and Halle are. Congrats to Bey but there are non-mixed black women out here who are beatiful too, when we get some shine that will be a great day for all women as sisters

28. Soul Touch says:

Damn skippy. Sure, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it’s more than her looks that win it for me…she is a dynamic, hard working, successful, sexy, business minded, driven, young black woman, wife, sister, daughter, and mother.

Get it Bey!

There are plenty of beautiful black women all over the world, but let’s face it…she has mass cross culture/race/age appeal hence why PEOPLE chose her (not because there are other black women we do not support, after all beauties like Queen Latifah, Viola Davis, Taraji Henson (to name a few of this era) that have made their respectable marks). And, just because she claims other parts of her culture doesn’t mean she is less black than anyone else. Let’s face it, many displaced Africans in the west are mixed with something due to slavery, migration, history, etc. I, for one, am a Jamaican Canadian with a Cuban maternal grandmother and a Hindu paternal grandfather. Because I recognize this and embrace it doesn’t make me any less Black then anyone else. So…whatever.

True, there is no doubt that there is a serious inbalance in representation, but not just for Blacks but all people of colour. Ain’t nothing new, but that’s not Beyonce’s fault…she is just doing what she set out to do; be successful…as we all should.

29. Leafromphilly says:

I don’t get it. I’m of mixed race and I’m proud to call myself a black woman. It really makes me upset when my own people make me feel like shit simply because I’m not brown with a wider nose or kinkier hair. Is there a light skin trend? I will agree that there is, but it’s not my fault that they throw women that look like me in music videos or how the industry makes light skinned women seem more desirable. I think Kelly Rowland is very pretty, and Amber Rose is not that cute in my book. Beauty is really about your facial features and how well they are put together. Skin color doesn’t matter in my book.

30. bella says:

Beyonce is proud of her creole heritage..people on this site are proud of their Nigerian heritage, Jamaican heritage, Dominican heritage, etc. what the hell is the difference…?

There are plenty of dark and brown skinned women in the top of their game. Azealia Banks is an up and coming rapper who doesn’t even have an album out and she has already been in V, GQ, W, Trace, etc. Tika Sumpter, Gabrielle Union, Kerry Washington, Lala, MJB, Kelly Rowland, etc.
    Beyonce is talented. That’s why she outshines a lot of other artists. You can’t sit here and tell me Beyonce is a better entertainer than Kelly or Michelle because she’s LIGHT.

There are plenty of light skinned flops. Being lighter honestly isn’t the winning factor. Skin color needs to stop dividing minorities. So over it.

31. @paparazzi_promo says:

shes awesome! love her!

32. LawyerChic says:

OMG >______< nobody needs to be against us, we do a fine job of being against ourselves. My mother is the same complexion and rocks the same color hair as Bey. She has what you all would call "European" features and she birthed my dark-skinned, curly haired, full-lipped self. I guess she doesn't represent Black beauty either. =(

33. candylicker says:

**yawn**

34. lolodoll11 says:

@makeeasweet when I say conform to white standards of beauty, I’m referencing the lace wigs, blonde hair, previous nose job to narrow her nose, etc… There are several others had they been selected, I would’ve made the same comment. It is what is it. As I said earlier, glad they chose a “sista” but at the end of the day she still conforms to white standards of beauty. We can agree to disagree.

35. Soul Touch says:

@Bella

Well said!

36. BrownGirl says:

I think Beyonce makes women of darker complexion feel insecure. She’s all over the place and I think that does hurt some brown/dark girls feelings. I walked around never feeling pretty, simply because all the lighter chicks got the boys and even while in college they received the most attention. So many darker women are forced to ride in the back of the bus while mixed or lighter women get the star treatment. That’s just my opinion.I’m not shocked that we walk around with the most weave and sometimes even makeup to water down our blackness. I can only speak from my own personal experience. I’ll understand if nobody agrees with me. I’m not a Beyonce fan, but she does deserve this cover.

37. makeeasweet says:

wow people are full of crap.most of the woman in my family are rihanna complexion to queen latifah complexion.a dark skin black woman does not represent all black woman and neither does black woman like beyonce represent all of us.i swear why cant she be a beautiful woman on a cover of a magazine ,nothing about race or color.

38. I love Beyonce she exudes sex appeal, grace, and an inner beauty that shines on the outside!

39. Soul Touch says:

@Browngirl

As a dark-skinned woman who was made fun of not only for her dark skin, but her full lips and kinky hair (only to see things do a 360 as an adult, adored for those same features) it is a struggle. But Beyonce does not ‘represent’ women of colour any more than any other woman represents us. We are, at the end of the day, individuals. And we can not rely on society to show us our value, that is up to us and no one else. Albert Einstein once said ‘if you put a small value on yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price’…and it’s a cruel world, so don’t look to them to set your value.

I have women in my family light close to white and as dark as onyx…that is the beauty of our race; like a rainbow but our value is in who we are as people.

40. CC says:

what is the big deal with blond hair, i’m convinced its her features (which she cant help she was born that way!!) in combination with the hair color that has ppl making such an ignorant assumption about her trying to be white. Plenty of black celebs have blonde hair. why doesn’t rih get accused of trying to be white, or not being black enough? is it because her ethnic features don’t allow it that she doesn’t face the same criticism. Is Mary trying to be white? Claire?

41. V says:

Yayyy congrats to Beyonce!

42. t-fal says:

Wow. I don’t think her selection is that deep (european features, fairer skin, does she represent black women, is she trying to look white). It just means that she has good PR people. This isn’t the noble peace price, it’s freaking People magazine, a notch above TMZ. Anyways, congrats

43. Erin says:

Congratulations Beyoncé, well deserved. I have always said that she is one of the most beautiful person I have ever seen in person. Her skin is like the sun drenched in ice cream. Her having a mellow/ calming aura is a plus.

She is simply a beautiful soul.

44. Glow says:

@Soul Touch

I agree 100%. Those of us descended from slavery in the South, can put money on having a mixed racial heritage whether we “look” like it or not. This whole who’s mixed, who isn’t, who’s dark, who isn’t, who’s light, who isn’t, who’s hair is what color……all that stuff is irrelevant. For the sake of this post, I will say Beyonce AND the sum total of ALL her parts, has been chosen by People mag as the most beautiful. She has always lived publicly as a Black woman (as far as I know), so I’m gonna say she’s a gorgeous representation of the various shades of “chocolate” we all come from…(white, milk, mocha, dark, etc.). Since women of color RARELY see the cover of ANY damned mainstream (Caucasian) magazine, I’m will go on to further say Kudos to Beyonce for being one of the few to get that opportunity. Heck, it’s about damned time they recognized our beauty anyway! I get tired of looking at the Nicole Kidman’s and the Angelina Jolie’s of the world. It’s been too long in coming I say!

45. Lola says:

@ Soul Touch
    You took me to church. PREACH!!

46. Soul Touch says:

@Glow

My sentiments exactly!

@Lola

Divide and conquer, we make it so easy for them.

47. TamicaO says:

Umm..Are women really fighting and debating over this? How sad, and utterly disappointing. Always looking for something to complain about. She looks absolutely stunning. Instead of trying to tear down another sister..Scratch that. Another WOMAN, we should be celebrating her recognition. *Sighs*

48. D'Navia says:

I can not believe how deep this discussion has become. It seems as if there are alot of hurt and insecure women commenting. Just saying. LOVE BEYONCE THO!

49. TamicaO says: