April 25th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Rihanna

Rihanna attended the Time 100 Most Influential People Gala last night in a strapless Marchesa Resort 2012 Gown and $1,395 Christian Louboutin Bois Dore Pumps:

The hot fuchsia number features an exaggerated sweetheart neckline and an asymmetrical full tulip skirt.

Her pumps are part of Christian Louboutin’s 20th anniversary collection, and feature a metallic carved wood heel.

I love this look! The color is smashing, and aside from Rih’s bored expression, she looks her typical pretty self. The neckline on the dress is giving me a bit of Madonna ca Blond Ambition and she could’ve gone with a sexier shoe…but in the end, she can turn it out for a red carpet, can’t she?
What do you think?

See her chat here:

*She later performed in a Stella McCartney Fall 2012 strapless top and trousers:

Thoughts on her on stage ensemble?

34 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Rihanna’s Time 100 Most Influential People Gala Marchesa Resort 2012 Gown and Christian Louboutin Bois Dore Pumps”

She looks cute, but the dress is hitting her weird in the leg area. I wish her hem line was higher like the model’s version. :o(

2. ChooseyLover says:

To be honest. I don’t really like the dress.

3. Briana says:

Though I do not care for it, the dress looks better on the model. A different shoe choice may have helped. Points for hair and make-up.

4. t-fal says:

Yeah, i also would’ve liked a different shoe. And earring and lip color. But that dress is gorge!

5. Jazzy says:

I don’t really like the shoes!! The models shoes look better…

6. Nessa B says:

I honestly don’t know whether i like it or not. There’s something i like about it, but there’s also something i don’t like. So i guess i’m on the fence about it. Beautiful color on her though.

7. T1K says:

Doesn’t fit her well. The dress is pretty, on itts own. Also I’m not liking that hair at all!

8. My Response says:

I looks better on the model. The top part of the dress is not fitting well. I would have also chosen different style shoes.

9. makeeasweet says:

the dress look great,i just think rihanna isnt the right person to do it justice.

10. Shanita says:

It’s just not a flattering dress. But Rih is beautiful, so she pulls it off quite well.

11. Jlynn719 says:

I agree with the above posters that if the front hemline was above her knee it would’ve looked better. The shape actually for once looks better on the model but Rihanna is not helping it with her non-fierce expression. But the color is gorgeous on her

12. liz says:

i miss the days when i would see a look on rihanna and want it!

13. Amelia T says:

She looks as if shes going to a 70′s prom I love marchesa but this dress is a miss

14. Amelia T says:

I love Rihanna and marchesa but this dress is a miss she looks as if she’s going to a 70s prom major miss cute shoes

15. lv says:

She be doing the MOST these days. Go back to 07-08-09 rihanna plz, cuz this ain’t cutting the cake.

16. Miss Moore says:

It’s pretty but kinda, meh! The hem is a bit odd wear it hits her leg. But I don’t hate it

17. Naija Vix. says:

The lower half of the dress is gorgeous!! the upper half looks….annoying :/…i love the color combination of the dress and the lip color which helps the lip color to pop..the shoes could have been sexier…i don’t really like it with this dress.

18. Sarah says:

YES YES YES…. I love this dress on her she looks beautiful and color is hot!! Shoes perfect! Very good Rih

19. Cynthia says:

Wow…For once I am in the minority on Rih’s outfit. I personally love the look. The dress is a breath of fresh air departure from the deep cut, high slit dresses she’s been wearing to every red carpet. This had a bit if creativity.

20. like_really_ray says:

The first thing I thought of when I saw Rihanna is that she should’ve put her hair up and she needed different shoes. I scroll down and see that the model has both. Girl, what’s up?

21. Not feeling the dress on her or the model. Prom gone wrong.

22. ninjo says:

Rhianna is so influential that she has a higher Klout score than Obama!

23. aff says:

she looks like a fairy princess that resides over the pits of HELL…lol

24. candylicker says:

I hate both of those outfits but Rhi rhi looks great.

25. lolodoll11 says:

@ ninjo clearly you’re delusional. Higher clout than the Obamas? Seriously? Maybe to the young teenage generation but do you really think leaders of other nations and folks who are truly making a difference in the world care more about Rihanna than the Obamas? “Child please”…and I say child because you clearly sound like one with that comment. The mentality of our young ins today…clearly screwed up.

Rihanna please stop. Why everyone thinks that everything she dresses is fashion. I can’t .

27. Kisha says:

I’m disappointed with the whole look. The dress looks great on the model, but awful on Rih. The shoe is way to heavy, and her hair and lip color wrong, wrong, wrong!

28. ShrenAKO says:

@AFF I agree. She love things to stick out like horns. Hmmm, I wonder why!

29. The dress looks better on the model. And those shoes do not go with that dress. She’s not even stylish to me anymore.

30. E.Jay says:

She is all about Stella McCartney lately, why? The woman’s an average designer at best and lately is all about pajamas. Horrible, Hugh-hefner-esque, brocade pajamas. Ugh idek why Rihanna keeps wearing Stella’s sleepwear looks.

No comment on the prom dress.

31. binks says:

Her hair and shoes are a bit to overwhelming for the dress….not feeling it

32. MEME says:

@E.Jay COSIGN!!!! Both looks are awful, and I love Marchesa, but NO!!! She looks like she’s going to prom on the red carpet, and the performance outfit looks like a horribly wrapped christmas present.

I’m sorry I hate her hair only because its been done.I keep thinking I’m looking old pics of her.