April 24th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping, Spring Wardrobe, Trend
Try a Spring 2012 Trend: Cropped Corsets and Bralet Tops

Want to add a dash of sass to your spring 2012 wardrobe?

Try a bralet top.

The lingerie inspired piece, spied on the runways of Dolce & Gabbana, Jason Wu, and more, can be worn alone or under a shirt for a bit of saucy sophistication. Rihanna and Solange toed the trend last summer, and now bralets have resurged at affordable prices and in a series of prints and fun colors.
Take a look at how a few of our favorite celebs have rocked ‘em:

And get the look here:

What do you think? Will you try it?

17 Responses to “Try a Spring 2012 Trend: Cropped Corsets and Bralet Tops”

1. Kimiko says:

only a certain types of body types can pull this off, I can’t really see plus sized or overly busty girls doing this..

2. It’s a no for me, but cute for the right body type.

3. Jackie says:

Love them! I’ve been eyeing a few for a while now. I guess I’ll pick up a few from Topshop this weekend before they’re gone! :)

4. mrzmuck says:

i luv em ive been wearing them quite a lot latley .

5. Farah Andrea says:

Under a pretty, sheer flowy top instead of the traditional tank top…on a Saturday, but not during the work week!

6. Jlynn719 says:

I bought a vintage one last summer but haven’t found the right high waisted skirt/shorts to wear with it. Or for that matter the right occassion, since I live in conservative DC

7. Alyssa says:

I think it would lovely on a plus-size woman that isn’t top heavy with a high waist pair of pants.

8. Dani says:

Thank you for posting this! I plan on adopting this trend, I’ve always loved the way they looked but nvr had the tummy… now I do. =D!

9. Crystal says:

Yes yes yes! I’ve been rocking these for years. Usually under a blazer or an unbuttoned button down. I’m looking for a sparkly one for a bachelorette party?????

10. Luv the look for summertime, but I’m almost 30 not sure if it’s a good look. :(

11. I’m definitely doing this. I’ve been wanting to do it forever since I have small breasts and flat stomach to pull it off. Just haven’t found a bra/bustier top of my liking. Don’t care for the ones up top.

@Pinkflame 30 is not old. rather u than a 16 year old child.. if u got the body flaunt it girl!!!!

13. Sydni says:

That awkward moment when I read ^^ Anonymous’^^ comment but Im a 16 year old ‘child’ who has a few of these…

Btw I like the ones above, probably order a few.

14. NYclouds says:

I would layer this over a shirt, and rock it!

15. Frost says:

Does anyone know of any bralet & pant/skirt SETS?

16. Hepi says:

30 is too old….

17. LeenzieM says:

Love this look. I like that all the examples you showed wore high-waisted bottoms, it`s a balanced look, not too much exposure going on. It really does give a more sophisticated feel that way.

Also, I adore that last pic of Solange, really beautiful.