April 20th, 2012
Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Get out your tissues, gals, Page Six reports that Tyra Banks has fired America’s Next Top Model’s beloved judges, Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel, and Miss J. Alexander. Word is Miss Tyra wants to revamp the entire show and add a social media slant (and has been reaching out to popular bloggers like Bryan Boy to fill the open spots). Now, I love ANTM, and will probably still watch, but why oh why would Tyra take away the beautiful, bald, ever-sexy Nigel Barker from us? Something about that just doesn’t seem fair! I’m not sure if I’m on board with these changes. But to make up for the loss of Nigel & the gang, I happen to know a couple stellar bloggers that would love to step in as judges on the show. (Page Six)

MAC cosmetics will launch a limited edition collection with none other than Carine Roitfeld. The collection will be an ode to Roitfeld’s signature look: a bold eye, brow, and nude lip. The range is expected out this fall. Will you be buying? (WWD)

• Bravo is working on a new reality show focusing on male models, with the working title The Untitled Male Model Project. The show’s premise is “Some of the most successful men in the world of male modeling try to make the most of this extremely high paying profession with a very short shelf life.” All I know is a male modeling competition means lots of shirtless guys, so I was sold once I heard “male model.” (The Cut)

• Guys, Rihanna is sick of you saying she can’t dance to save her life. The singer released a behind-the-scenes look at her upcoming “Where Have You Been” music video, where she is doing actual choreography that doesn’t include grabbing her crotch. (Rihanna YouTube)

~ Jihan

27 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Tyra Banks Fires Three ANTM Judges, Carine Roitfeld for M.A.C Cosmetics, and Behind-the-Scenes of Rihanna’s “Where Have You Been” Music Video”

1. Bajan Candy says:

Wow all of this was very interesting! Good job Jihan!!

2. Siyam says:

ANTM replacement judges? No. Rihanna dancing for reals? Yippee! Male models? Yes!!

3. Ashley Moniq says:

Rihanna betta come hard with this “Where have you been” vid, she needs a SICK visual and this song goes supa HARD!!!

i stopped watching ages ago but how you gon have ANTM with Jay Manuel, Nigel and Miss J?

4. Ashley Moniq says:

meant to say ‘without’

5. Dom says:

Tyra has no show. No Nigel, Ms. Jay, or Mr. Jay means no show. She needs to revamp–smart business move–but she shouldn’t have gotten rid of the people who made her show entertaining.

Let’s see how this plays out.

6. Meme says:

Tyra that’s a very risky move. Thin line. Let’s see how this works.

That. Model. Hot!

I am super excited for the Rhi Rhi’s vid to come out, love the song!

livingmemoir-ja.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-am-proudly-celebrating-jamaica-50.html

7. Brittany Renae says:

Oh Tyra! I just can’t see ANTM without Jay Manuel and Nigel!!
    Can’t wait for Rihanna’s new video..the choreo looks hot!

8. Mary says:

ANTM jumped the shark already & this is just confirmation of that. A social media angle. Uck, I can only imagine :-[

9. My Response says:

this Tyra story can’t be real. This is already a shit season and she goes and do this? this ought to be interesting.

10. Miss Monet says:

Is Tyra seriously getting rid of the people that made the show?! Never was a fan of Tyra, way to full of herself. This show stopped being a model competition seasons ago. She should change the name too.

11. They can pick ME :)

12. Twerk says:

WHEEEEREE HAAAAVEE YOUUU BEEN ALL MY LIIIIIFE, I cannot wait for this video to drop so I can get my life. The song knocks!

Tyra is dumb as hell! Smh

13. I was just saying how shocked I was that Nigel had survived the show this long…there goes that. I don’t think it’s a smart move on Tyra’s part. She needs to get it together. Social media angle??? Yeah ok…Rihanna, doing real choreography…let’s see this!

14. Gigi says:

Re Tyra: She’s probably just trying to revamp the show’s image to attract more viewers. Tyra’s a competent business woman, I trust what she’s doing.

Re Rhianna: …umm…her backup dancers did really well…

Maybe it’s time to call it quits, the show has been on forever…

16. Kitty B. says:

I’m sure Tyra learned something over at Harvard Business School that made her make this move!! I’m sure she knows the risk shes taking, Good luck to her…

And i think Rihanna has some great moves already, did you all not see the “Rude Boy” video?!? sheesh! But then again this is coming from another black girl who has no rythm…so dont mine me…..

17. solo says:

Can’t wait for ri ti’s video. I think antm has jumped the shark.

18. Indigo says:

No more ANTM for me… Nigel is the only reason I watch the show. What kinda dummy move was that?!? If it’s not broke, don’t try to fix it. What makes Tyra think,different would be better? Now it’s gonna be some ol watered down,fake mess…

19. Cookie says:

Love this girl!

20. Anastasia says:

Tyra is dumb as hell for firing some of the best judges this show has seen! & Rihanna still can’t dance. That’s a clear visual in the lil video above.

21. c cj38 says:

Rihanna just proved she cannot dance.

22. Nicki says:

Wow, Tyra needs to pack it in already. The show doesn’t need new judges; the old ones were just fine. The show needs Tyra to rein in her obnoxious ego and return to the days when she was in the background, and the focus was on the girls and gorgeous photos. Now Tyra is running around doing riduculous “teaches” about “booty tooching”. I can’t. And then this shitty season of “The British Invasion” is an abomination to everything that has eyes. Tyra, the show was great when it wasn’t about girls bickering in a house plastered with pictures of you. I will not be watching any other seasons of this steaming hot crap.

23. lola says:

DEAD @ the subtitles in Rihanna’s video. The ultimate shade. I can’t.
    As for ANTM, is anyone still watching that craptastic show? girl, bye!

24. katie says:

Tyra got rid of Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel, and Miss J. Alexander? Dumb broad.

RihRih still can’t really dance.

25. Talecia says:

LOL oh jeez..rih rih is an embarrassment to carribean girls everywhere ! Having choreography doesn’t mean you can dance and having sick back up dancers beside doesn’t make you a dancer either :-s come harder than that rih rih !

26. Dee says:

I haven’t watched in years, but without those 3 especially Nigel…booooooooo!

27. Queenie says:

i lovee tyra sooo muchh . thats really my role model .