April 19th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
This Week in Chic: Nicki Minaj, Nicole Richie, Jessica White, and more!
By Faith

How is everyone’s week going? It was relatively quiet on the fashion front this week. Save for a few glamorous ensembles, everyone kept it low key and casual.

Check out some of this week’s hottest looks:

Nicki Minaj is always in a league of her own, demonstrated by a patent leather bomber with polka dot tights, a harness dress, and buckle boots she wore outside her London hotel. Both Jessica White and Leona Lewis went glam in floor-length gowns, while Rachel Roy opted for the same silhouette in a Spring-perfect hue. Nicole Richie and Jessica Alba chose structured, black looks, while Marlo Hampton was spotted in flowy silhouettes that she uplifted with accessories from Missoni, Yves Saint Laurent, and Prada. Last but not least were Rihanna, Rashida Jones, Drake and Sofia Vergara, who kept it casual in jeans.
Rachel Roy’s chic dress was a hit! Her look is this week’s winner in my book.
Who had your favorite looks this week?

33 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Nicki Minaj, Nicole Richie, Jessica White, and more!”

1. Kitty B. says:

Tika and Rita, I LOVE IT!!!!!

Can you laides please spill the Tea on Ritas sunnies….and those Isabel Marants I cant find them in my size anywhere :’(

2. My Response says:

You said check out some of this week’s hottest looks. what that sarcasm?

3. Marthe says:

I’m in love with Nicki Minaj’s boots, but Rita Ora and also Rocsi did it for me this time. I come to love Rita Ora more and more now!

4. Jeda says:

Drake is lucky I like him a lot, cus

5. ShrenAKO says:

Drake gives the weirdest looks…(he’s not cute). I like Nicole’s look the best. Marlo looks like a fool. Nicki and Rihanna both look crazy. Nicole killed them all.

6. katie says:

Nicki Minaj and chic do not belong in the same sentence! That self-hatting woman needs to go somewhere. She is such a freak.

I LOVE Rita Ora’s banana shirt. Who is is by and is there an affordable option? Everything else about her outfit can go.

Whatever @ everyone else.

7. Mrs Windy city says:

@kitty B – Rita boots are called “addict” by Kandee shoes (kandee shoes dot com)

8. Mrs Windy city says:

ooops Kitty B said sunnies….lol….

9. Ej says:

I’m sorry, CHIC?

10. FashionOne says:

Nicole Ritchie looks so nice & classy….Love it!

11. Kitty B. says:

@Mrs Windy City, it’s okay, but thank you :)

12. T1K says:

A lot of hmmms.

13. ladyshawann says:

Tika,I like the entire look!

14. I love how Nicole Richie has transformed. My business is about improving women’s lives through being well dressed. People think its shallow but it truly isn’t how you look on the outside and greatly influence how you feel on the inside. She has grown but leaps and bounds.

Now on another note, Marlo! I am sorry but girlfriend be mad fly. She is an example of the other extreme using material items to mask the pain. Trust me I know that story old too well myself. I don’t need another designer bag, shoe, or watch 4 the rest of myself. It’s about finding a balance. Yes, i am having a struggle finding a balance myself but I am a work in progress.

15. I love how Nicole Richie has transformed. My business is about improving women’s lives through being well dressed. People think its shallow but it truly isn’t how you look on the outside and greatly influence how you feel on the inside. She has grown but leaps and bounds.

16. Dom says:

Rachel does look good. I also dig what Drake has going on there, and I’m not usually a fan of his. Why is Tika so tiny all of a sudden?

17. Hello says:

Rashida Jones’ outfit looks like something I wore in the fifth grade from walmart BLAH!

18. Cynthia says:

Loved the shirt on Rita Ora. I’m bleh on the boots though.

19. Loving Rihanna’s laid back look and Rita Ora’s look. Leona and Jessica White look nice all glammed up. This was definitely a slow week in fashion judging from these looks.

20. shelly says:

@ Marthe

Where is Rocsi?…

21. BraveBird says:

Dear Fashion Bomb Daily Editors,

Costumes are not “fashionable” nor are they “chic.” We undersatnd that you have an admiration for Nicki Minaj, but to include her looks in a posting intended to inspire chic and fashion-forward ideas is questionable. If it were any other (ethnic) celebrity wearing such garb, you’d give them the once over and dismiss their “looks.” Please do the same to Ms. Nicki. Her looks are great for show but hardly belong on a blog dedicated to innovative fashion.

Thanks!

22. Jazzy says:

Nicki Minaj looks TERRIBLE and she always does. Her makeup is always flawless but she needs a new wig and she needs to try a new style!! I don’t even know why she was included in this post. Leona Lewis looked gorgeous as always. But, my fave look has to be Jessica White <3

23. OMG! I am cracking up about the NICKI MINAJ COMMENT. You have to read YBF post on her crazy outfit. I read it to my husband and he asked did I write the comment. He thought it was on my blog. Ha Ha ha you guys have to head over to YFB website to see what Natasha wrote. Hilarious! No never include Nicki Minaj on my post. She a gimmick and a poor excuse for a role model. I appreciate the fact that you guys give feedback to Claire. But often those types of post are more about business sponsors less about readers. Ask Necole Bitchie She built a profitable site on KISSING THE BEHINDS OF URBAN CELEBRITIES.

24. andie says:

Nobody stood out to me this week. but for some reason I really like Tika’s look so I guess she would be my fave.

SN: I wish yall would stop telling Claire who not to post. Its her blog and she can post who she wants to! People and their unwarranted opinions -_-

25. Nunyabizniz says:

I swoon everytime I see Drake. I can’t help it. Judge me.
    Tika Sumpter looks half way decent. That’s all.

26. cmbrown827 says:

I like TIka’s look!

27. lanenabuena says:

More Sofia please she is beautiful! Que hermosa!

28. Jessica says:

This Week in Chic? I’d day Jessica White and Rita Ora look great, the rest are just page fillers

29. Jessica says:

I wrote Jessica White but meant to say Tika Sumpter

30. aff says:

IF U DON’T LIKE NICKI WHY COMMENT ? -YEEZY SHRUG-

31. Sydni says:

Nicki Minaj’s harness buckle thing has SOOO MUCH potential, mannn Nicki you need to work that thing.

And watch, RIhanna’s bodyguard is gunna become famous.. Just like Beyonce’s bodyguard, Julius, is lmao

32. FashionBoys says:

Nicki No, Tika Yes, Rita Yes, Drake, a lil Kanye, but yes nonetheless.

33. George says:

Album title is stupid .THEY DONT EVEN LIKE BLACK PEOPLE IN PARIS!!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!! get\’da\’fukkkkkkkkk\’out of here .corn ball shikiit just like Press Play .after two songs I Pressed StopLet\’s check track record * 1997: No Way Out 8Million sold cuz Biggie/Mase were all over that album * 1999: Forever BRICK!!!! * 2001: The Saga Continues BRICK!!!! * 2002: We Invented the Remix Was cool using Biggie\’s likeness again * 2006: Press Play BRICK!!!!!! * 2010: Last Train to Paris Hummmm???? Jump shot is .NO GOOD!!! BRICK!!!!Even on Angels he tried using Biggie\’s likeness again .Let the man rest .