April 19th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shoes, Shopping, Spring Wardrobe
Spring 2012 Shopping: 100+ Stylish Espadrilles, Sandals, ‘It’ Shoes, and more!
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

The weather is finally warming up, and it’s time to refresh our closets and stock up on one of the season’s most important accessories: shoes. If you’re looking to update your summer sandal arsenal, but don’t know where to start, here are a few styles you should have on hand:

Espadrilles

Espadrilles are the quintessential summer shoe. They’re light, comfortable, and their signature rope soles always give the wearer that effortless, summery feel. Look for flat espadrilles if you’re really into comfort, but if you want to take your look to the next level, you can find these shoes in platform and wedge versions.

Here are some options sure to satisfy any budget:

Flat Shoes and Sandals

We all love a sky-high platform, but when the dogs are a-barkin’, nothing is better than a pair of flats. Especially for those ladies who live in urban areas where there is endless walking to be done *coughNewYorkCitycough*, chic flat sandals and shoes round out any outfit, and best of all, you can walk in them fast enough to actually get somewhere.

Try these on for size:

Pumps and Platforms

Well, duh, which fashionista wouldn’t stock up on pumps and platforms this season? There are so many options, no matter what your sartorial proclivites. This season, neons, cap-toes, creamy pastels, and jubilant brights are on trend.

Check out these fab options:

Wedges

Summer months mean weddings and outdoor events, which also means: leave the silettos at home. No one wants their heels to sink in the dirt, but some of us would like to rock some shoes with a little height. Enter the wedge. Shoes that give you the lift (and the gorgeous gams) of a heel, but without the discomfort or the uneven distribution of weight that make you sink in the dirt.

Get your wedge on with any of these styles:

‘It’ Shoes

We see our favorite celebs in them, so naturally, any fashionista would want to get their hands on the most popular designer summer shoes. Christian Louboutin is making a splash with his Asteroid, Bollywoody, and Unbout illusion styles, which have been seen on the likes of Jennifer Lopez, Lala Anthony, and Beyoncé. Giuseppe Zanotti‘s mouthwateringly sexy curved wedge heel have been sported by Angela Simmons and Nicki Minaj. The YSL triboto is always a classic, and Christina Milian has been sporting the jelly version of the platform sandals recently. Louis Vuitton introduced the pastel cap-toe heel on their Spring 2012 runway, but it is Stuart Weitzman‘s more affordable ankle strap version that have captured the hearts of celebrities like Solange Knowles and fashion editors alike. Sneaker wedges by Isabel Marant and Ash also have been making waves amongst the fashion set, with sales surpassing fall’s beloved smoking slippers at high-end department stores.

Check out the season’s hottest designer shoes:

So, Bombers, what shoes are on you shopping list this season?

~ Jihan

20 Responses to “Spring 2012 Shopping: 100+ Stylish Espadrilles, Sandals, ‘It’ Shoes, and more!”

1. Clara Lopez says:

I am definitely a fan of the metal toe heels. My fav shoes so far

2. Those red heeless Jeffery Campbells are calling my name LOUDLY!

3. Empress says:

@Sun-kissed ..,JC? Those red wedges that Eva has on are Guiseppe Zanotti!..

I love wedges so much more comfy!

4. Miss Rina says:

I’m a diva on a budget this year. I’m learning to buy 4 pairs of shoes instead of 1. So I need ok I want the clear top shop flats, the Michael Antonio wedge , I will be adding a cheap pair of the bright yellow charlotte russe wedge, Last but not least I need those red Jeffrey Campbell’s. See 4 pairs all for under $500. Go me Go me.

And thanks Johan I love them all.

5. Miss Rina says:

*Jihan*

6. nyc chick says:

Many cute looks here… especially Solange (always love her!). Even Nicki looks good here! Christinia Milian, however, looks a mess. Pretty girl, terrible styling

7. Dee says:

About to overdose from the foot candy. I can not ever get enough of espadrilles…heck, wedges period!

8. antiSOCIAL says:

I NEED those Red Jeffrey Campbells…like ASAP

9. Lorena says:

Such a great post! I am glad I found your blog! Great job!

Foot candy is always a must! How can you ever get enough? This is very inspirational for me- I love to illustrate shoes!
    Have a great day!

10. Great shoe post! My fav Espadrilles.

11. @Empress, I’m not talking about the shoes Eva has on. There is a pair in the widget that I like.

12. jamesa says:

@ miss rina don’t do charlotte russe her shoes are the most uncomfortable things ever!!! Lol!

13. Janeth says:

i love solange look ooh my god

14. Jen says:

Solange’s minty heels…*Drooling*

15. Aziz_Mom says:

Cute inspiration but as a working Mom with a hubby and mortgage, these prices are a bit over my head. I always support flyjane.net, DSW and the likes of Marshalls and TJ Maxx for my footwear. Ciao!

listen. i don’t care about the shoes. where is solange’s outfit from

17. Lauren says:

Great picks, Jihan!

18. SPA says:

If anyone cares … Zara has a version of the metal toe pumps for $90 :)

19. fashionupdat says:

Stylish Shoes You

20. XThisIsMe says:

Just question, where can I find sandals like the sandals of Beyoncé??? Love them!