• Last night, X-Rated Fusion liqueur and Lala Anthony hosted a screening of Think Like A Man. We asked the Full Court Life reality star about her recent appearance in Vogue‘s April issue, and her budding relationship with editor-in-chief Anna Wintour: “You know, it’s amazing,” she told us, “I’ve actually been able to start having quite a friendship with Anna Wintour. Just to be in Vogue magazine as an African-American Hispanic woman, that doesn’t happen, and I just appreciate everyone’s support of something like that. I don’t know if everyone understands what a big deal it actually is. You know, to pay attention to us is a big deal, and I’m honored and I want to continue to have that relationship, and hopefully see more of me and more people like us in those magazines.” Of course, we had to ask her about her Think Like a Man wardrobe, and if she got any freebies once the film was over: “I think a couple leggings, and things like that,” she said, ”They watch you!” Today, Lala launched her new lifestyle website, IamLaLa.com, which covers everything from fashion and beauty to relationships. Check it out now, and go see Ms. Anthony in Think Like A Man (it’s hilarious), in theaters this Friday. (SN her shoes are Lanvin and they’re amazing).
• This year’s Time 100 list includes two fashion notables, Alexander McQueen‘s Sarah Burton and Spanx inventor Sara Blakley. The two will be honored along with 98 of their fellow “100 listers” at The Time 100 Gala at Lincoln Center this Tuesday. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will deliver the keynote address, while pop singer Rihanna will
bleat perform for attendees. (WWD)
• Nicki Minaj has fulfilled the prophecy of “M.A.C, OPI, and a fragrance, too,” announcing yesterday that she will take the beaten (to death) path countless other celebrities have trod, and release her own scent. “I have always been a huge fan of great fragrances,” Minaj told WWD. “This is yet another extension of my creative expression. I designed the scent and bottle with my [Barnz] (note: she probably meant ‘Barbz’) in mind.” (Fashionista)
• Check out the looks CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund winners Joseph Altuzarra, Pamela Love, and Creatures of the Wind created for their J. Crew capsule collection. Exciting as the collboration is, many of the pieces are indistinguishable from J.Crew’s main line, or, say, anything you could pick up at the Gap. But if you’re interested, you can buy Altuzarra’s collection starting Thurday, Pamela Love’s come May 14th, and Creatures of the Wind’s will be available June 11th. (Vogue)
• Model Jessica White is working with singer/producer Ryan Leslie on an album, of which she says she “think[s] the world is going to be really shocked.” The album, likely to be heavily enhanced with the magic of autotune, will be “more of a soulful” pop, have “a lot” of guest stars, and will be recorded with a live band. White, who told The Cut she’s a “poet first and foremost” says she doesn’t know
if when the album will drop. (The Cut)