April 18th, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Last night, X-Rated Fusion liqueur and Lala Anthony hosted a screening of Think Like A Man. We asked the Full Court Life reality star about her recent appearance in Vogue‘s April issue, and her budding relationship with editor-in-chief Anna Wintour: “You know, it’s amazing,” she told us, “I’ve actually been able to start having quite a friendship with Anna Wintour. Just to be in Vogue magazine as an African-American Hispanic woman, that doesn’t happen, and I just appreciate everyone’s support of something like that. I don’t know if everyone understands what a big deal it actually is. You know, to pay attention to us is a big deal, and I’m honored and I want to continue to have that relationship, and hopefully see more of me and more people like us in those magazines.” Of course, we had to ask her about her Think Like a Man wardrobe, and if she got any freebies once the film was over: “I think a couple leggings, and things like that,” she said, “They watch you!”  Today, Lala launched her new lifestyle website, IamLaLa.com, which covers everything from fashion and beauty to relationships. Check it out now, and go see Ms. Anthony in Think Like A Man (it’s hilarious), in theaters this Friday. (SN her shoes are Lanvin and they’re amazing).

• This year’s Time 100 list includes two fashion notables, Alexander McQueen‘s Sarah Burton and Spanx inventor Sara Blakley. The two will be honored along with 98 of their fellow “100 listers” at The Time 100 Gala at Lincoln Center this Tuesday. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will deliver the keynote address, while pop singer Rihanna will bleat perform for attendees. (WWD)

Nicki Minaj has fulfilled the prophecy of “M.A.C, OPI, and a fragrance, too,” announcing yesterday that she will take the beaten (to death) path countless other celebrities have trod, and release her own scent. “I have always been a huge fan of great fragrances,” Minaj told WWD. “This is yet another extension of my creative expression. I designed the scent and bottle with my [Barnz] (note: she probably meant ‘Barbz’) in mind.” (Fashionista)

• Check out the looks CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund winners Joseph Altuzarra, Pamela Love, and Creatures of the Wind created for their J. Crew capsule collection. Exciting as the collboration is, many of the pieces are indistinguishable from J.Crew’s main line, or, say, anything you could pick up at the Gap. But if you’re interested, you can buy Altuzarra’s collection starting Thurday, Pamela Love’s come May 14th, and Creatures of the Wind’s will be available June 11th. (Vogue)

• Model Jessica White is working with singer/producer Ryan Leslie on an album, of which she says she “think[s] the world is going to be really shocked.” The album, likely to be heavily enhanced with the magic of autotune, will be “more of a soulful” pop, have “a lot” of guest stars, and will be recorded with a live band. White, who told The Cut she’s a “poet first and foremost” says she doesn’t know if when the album will drop. (The Cut)

~ Jihan

24 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Lala Anthony Talks Vogue Feature and New Website, Nicki Minaj is Getting A Fragrance, and Jessica White is Recording an Album”

1. Jazzy says:

Lol…You crack me up crossing out words like that <3

2. ChooseyLover says:

Love Lala shoes.
    Nicki is a pretty girl she dont need all that make-up.
    Jessica White just don’t have it for me. Sorry!

3. Nicki really is dominating every avenue, huh! I wonder what the fragrance will smell like. LOL @ Jessica White making an album. Stay in your lane!

4. BlkRose says:

Lala in Vogue is just too funny. You know Anna’s desperate, but I guess Anna hasn’t studied her black entertainers manual. NM with a perfume, God help us all. Jessica white singing, not enough modeling jobs.

5. jme says:

Minaj Fragrance….Jessica White album….this is a pretty disturbing post.

6. I’m pretty sick of Minaj… she’s everywhere lately!

7. Grace says:

Am I the only one who finds Lala’s quotation pathetic/desperate?!
    “You know, to pay attention to us is a big deal, and I’m honored and I want to continue to have that relationship…”
    That’s all we want is to be paid attention to?! How about to be respected and equally recognized in a consistent fashion?

8. TANK says:

More disturbingly is Wintour’s KITTEN HEELS!!!

9. Lea says:

@Grace: I agree about Lala. She knows her being Mrs Anthony and his connections/PR has something to do with it.
    Her PR team is very good though. There are new pics/articles of/about her every single day on the blogs, etc. And I still have to figure out the reason she is everywhere: beautiful woman but everything else about her is wack. Sorry!
    And yes Jessica White. we are going to be “shocked” that Ryan Leslie let you put in foot in a recording studio…smh…can we foresee Kim K/The Dream 3.0 fiasco?
    Nicki, that fragrace will be sweet-bubblegummy-kiddy-catty…shoker?
    Rant over…lol

10. Nakia P says:

Love those shoes

11. shaleena says:

lala’s shoes are amazing!

12. Frieda K says:

For once… Thumbs up for Lala! ;-)

13. Erin says:

Let’s all remember the Ryan Leslie is the same man that introduced the world to Cassie. So, that pretty much says all that needs to be said about this situation.

i am so tired of seeing nicki minaj in these HORRIBLE lace fronts everyday. Ive seen way better on youtube and fotki, even strippers!!! This one looks like the ones sold at the local BSS, tsk tsk!
    @TANK Anna Wintour is 62, she deserves to rock a friggin kitten heel.

15. yusufswifee says:

i really dont care for lala….meh and blah! but whatever….

niki really looks crazy in this pix…unbelieveable.

funny…rhi rhi bleats….haha!

16. TheFav1 says:

Do I want to smell like Nicki Minaj? or will by ears bleed after hearing Jessica White’s album….hmmmm to be continued…..
    sn:fashion-gasp @lala’s shoes! love Lanvin!

@blk rose

you are such hater.how can you judge someone singing before you even hear them sing?

18. BlkRose says:

If being realistic makes me a hater, A HATER I AM! TAY TAY!

19. bar says:

Really jeassica white, i’m begging you don’t do this to the public.

Nicki needs to fire her hairstylist!!

21. Indigo says:

Jessica looks crazee as usual.

22. yaddy says:

Lol all these comments are making my morning better…
    Lala makes it sound as though we need to be acknowledged by certain ppl…honestly if vogue wants to dip into the pool of having blk./Hispanic/ethnic woman on her covers fine, but let’s not fake the funk….@nikki ugh I’m bored with her…@j.white hey if Britney can sing then we all can sing lol..

23. ladyshawann says: