April 12th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
This Week in Chic: Ashanti, Jennifer Lopez, Amber Rose, and More!
By Faith

Ladies only this week! It was all about going glam in showstopping looks capturing some of Spring’s major trends from colorblocking to crop tops.

Check out some of this week’s hottest looks:

We love a statement-making shoe here at The Fashion Bomb and quite a few ladies brought their A-game this week. Ashanti rocked bold earrings and a colorblock skirt with the highly-coveted Giuseppe Zanotti Bow Pumps. Jennifer Lopez wore the very popular Christian Louboutin Picks and Co Pumps with a Lanvin Snakeskin Sheath. Amber Rose went bold in Manolo Blahnik Pumps and Keshia Knight Pulliam followed suit in eye-catching Christian Louboutin Ziggy Pumps. Some other standout looks included Kim Kardashian and Jessica White in ladylike dresses, Aisha Tyler who shut it down in feathers and Kat Graham and Nicole Scherzinger who made shades of blue red carpet-ready.

Who had your favorite looks this week?

58 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Ashanti, Jennifer Lopez, Amber Rose, and More!”

1. Jae says:

I yell laughed at Amber Rose and Kim K. Both look like stuffed sausage! oh wait…

2. Nope says:

Who makes Kim’s dress? I need to have it!

3. Nakia P says:

My favs are Ashanti and Kim K.

4. mary says:

lol at jae! kims dress looks ill fitting for some reason.

5. Anon says:

Kim K. is working those curves honey!
    I see you A.C. Slater.

6. T1K says:

Amber messed the whole thing up :(

Yea amber messed this up

8. Briana says:

Ashanti. Jessica. LeToya.

9. DarkEmpress says:

I have to say that Kim. K. should only be here as a fashion don’t. The rippling in her dress means its too tight. Ripples end up making you look like you have rolls and voila kim looks like a stuffed sausage. All the other curvy women, Ashanti, Jlo and Amber have avoided this by wearing a size that fits them.

Also, Keisha Knight Pulliam’s outfit is horrible. The shoes dont go with the dress. I think that when you wear a dress with sheer panneling the sheer material should go with your skin tone.

10. Empress says:

I like Ashanti’s skirt ☺. Love Kim K’s dress but it looks a little too tight..or is she getting chunky?

11. MzMartinez says:

yessss ashanti in those zanotti’s!!!

12. Kitana says:

The Kardashian sisters (like alot of non black women) have wide pelvic areas. So had Kim gone up a size she wouldn’t look so bloated. T

13. Kim takes it! I love her dress to pieces! And that lil’ foot/ankle chain? Hand it over! Everyone else can take a back seat. Amber’s outfit looks straight out of Rainbow and Keyshia’s outfit is too busy.

14. quaysha says:

Ashanti looks effortless . loving her outfit!

15. BraveBird says:

Kim’s dress is a size and a half too small. I’d say she should have a seat, but she’d surely rip the seams…

16. Savage says:

Agreeing with Sun Kissed…Amber looks mad cheap with that dress, and Damn that Kim for being so G**Damn fierce! I mean yea its too tight but it happens when ur curvy…But I kno she didn’t get to have a seat! lol

17. Jae says:

i just cant with this “fashion” group. Kim’s dress doesnt fit and I dont care who says otherwise.

18. loverly says:

Look at Jessica White! For once she looks wonderful! Hope she keeps it up, she’s way too pretty for her regular fashion disasters…

19. makeeasweet says:

amber a beautiful woman,but she look horrible in that dress.i think models like jessica look their best when they keep it simple and cute like her dress.i love that color on kim,but that dress is too tight for her wide hips.

20. Tp says:

Kim reminding me why I refuse to wear a tight skirt… Hate those stretch lines smh

21. Chenae says:

Who make Ashanti dress I must have it??!!!

22. Mely B says:

Jessica White FTW! This is the 1st time I’ve seen her look this put together while not on a photo shoot.

23. BK says:

Ashanti looks amazing! Love everything about that look from head to toe.

JLo does no wrong when it comes to fashion.

Amber Rose looks a cheap, trashy mess.

Keisha Knight Pulliam tried too hard with this look. The dress is gaudy and with those shoes, it’s definitely too much! Toya looks blah per usual.

Kim K’s dress is too tight.

That is the cleanest I’ve ever seen Jessica White look.

BLAH to the rest of them.

24. KC says:

Now that’s an outfit worth of Easter Sunday Ms. Kim K. That outfit she wore on Easter was not right for church! I’m just sayin’

25. cocoa says:

random but i’m convinced kanye used to dress amber when they were together…its the only logical explanation for the drastic difference

26. Martinique_Fr says:

Ashanti and Kim K.

27. Allie says:

I love Ashanti’s look, especially the shoes. Everyone looks fierce at Keshia Knight Pulliam’s Bday party. I thought Amber’s shoes looked more like the Neon Louboutin Pigalle pumps rather than the Blahnik yellow pumps.

28. Allie says:

I love Ashanti & J. Lo’s looks. The best part of Amber’s look is her shoes which look more like the Pigalle Neon Louboutin pumps rather than the yellow Blahnik pumps. I want those shoes!!!!

29. Lea says:

Kim K’s dress had no lycra/spandex or what? Too tight!

JLo looked the best.

Kat Graham and Hayden Panetierre are twins face wise.

30. Noirre says:

Aisha!

31. taffie says:

Ashanti looks mwaaah! J.lo same old. Kim same old tyt cloths. Amber Rose’s tattoo ALWAZ takes the class out of her looks.

32. krystel says:

I love that color on Kim and that dress is to cute. Claire who made that dress?

33. itiswhatitis says:

Kim Kardashian’s dress is designed by Roland Mouret

34. jme says:

Oh Amber…..

35. mrsthebing says:

LOVE Kim’s dress (although it is a bit snug)… it’s an Roland Mouret Annabelle Crepe Dress, Azure ($2285). Would love to see a look for less Claire :)

36. binks says:

Ashanti killed it!

37. Tam says:

There is no way that dress looks good on Kim. When we are talking about what looks good, that includes the FIT. And this dress does NOT FIT her at all!!! She is very wide and this dress only highlights that and is wayyyyy to tight ala the creases all throughout the dress!! Come on..people be giving passes for all sorts of things!!!!

38. Nunyabizniz says:

I think LeToya looks really good. she is such a pretty girl and she never tries too hard. I applaud her for always rocking a hairstyle that keeps that forehead hidden at all times. Take some notes Rihanna….**walks out slowly and unnoticed before the stans start a riot**

39. Brina says:

Ashanti has the best look!:) luv it!!

40. Liz says:

I really like Kim’s dress, just NOT on her though. I don’t know why she thinks that everything has to fit her like a glove…that is not cute!

41. yusufswifee says:

okay, so amber should have put the straps where they belonged and found the same dress with out that horrid puffy print…but she still wins cuz of those shoes….i die!!!

42. Cookie says:

Like most of Kim’s dresses and skirts, she should have gone a size up! She should know by now that that’s not a flattering look! Amber amber, poor thing! Looks like the “bad” 80s! Ashanti looks…well I love the shoes!!

43. Kishonda says:

Ashanti! Always love her looks..a little getro sometimes, but I loves it and I love this!

44. Cookie says:

And to the reader above who said if Kim had gone a size up she would look bloated…there’s something called tailoring. I’m sure she had more than enough money to invest on tailored pieces!!

45. BlkRose says:

Amber is wearing my mothers early 90′s sponge dress. My mother and aunts had one in every color. HOW TACKY! Kim K’s dress is a big NO! NO! she looks fat and if you see ripples in a dress that means it’s too tight.

46. Molinqua says:

kims dress looks too tight, it would look good if it fit her. amber rose just no.

47. Nancy says:

After reading these comments, you would think the post only consist of Kim K., Amber Rose and Ashanti lol…don’t get me wrong they look great minus Amber but lets give credit to Nicole, Aisha and Jessica. They look GORG!

48. shelly says:

First and foremost, I would like to give Jessica White her props! Out of all the times I’ve see her posted on this site (which has been a lot), this is the first, I REPEAT, the first time I’ve seen her get the WHOLE look together. Kudos for her =)

And poor Amber…that’s all I can say. I’m really starting to think that she’s falling off fashion-wise.

I love me some Kim K., and I love that color for her. Just wish the dress was a little less tight.

And what the heck was Ms. Rudy Huxtable thinking, smh. WAY TOO MUCH going on.

And Iove love love Ashanti’s dress and shoes, hate the heavy eye makeup. She never really gets it all the way right for me.

And everyone else is bleh….

***And last but not least, I REALLY wish that the names are at the bottom of the pictures, AND there are a couple of people left out =( i.e. Jessica Alba, and the chick above her.

49. Muah says:

Kim looks nasty in that dress. Yuck!

50. Ju says:

Ashanti!! Kat Graham, although cute, can never get it right. *sighs* So sad.