April 11th, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Kim Kardashian‘s newest beau, Kanye West, is confirmed for a cameo on Keeping Up With The Kardashians (because their short romance hasn’t been publicized enough). Wonder if they’ll have footage of the couple at West’s Fall 2012 show? (Idolator)

Newly-appointed Dior couturier Raf Simons talked to WWD about his vision for the brand. He plans to stick to his minimalist aesthetic, but will add a dose of that famous Dior femininity to his designs: “When I’m married to a house, I will fully embrace its original intention, its original heritage and meaning…I wouldn’t go to that place if I only had minimalism in mind,” he said. “I’m very aware of what the environment is about.” (WWD)

American Apparel CEO Dov Charney sat down with CNBC’s Jane Wells to talk about his floundering company, its profitability (or lack thereof,) and the numerous allegations identifying him as a sexual predator. When Wells asked why Charney continues to hold on to his unprofitable business model, the CEO asked her to change her perspective: “I think you’re casting it in the wrong light, that it’s unprofitable. From the accounting perspective, ten, twenty feet up, yeah, it’s unprofitable. If you get down at the numbers, our gross margins — I’m talking about the cost versus the selling price — our gross margins are as high as a luxury brand like Prada.” Right. As for his predatorial tendencies, Charney thinks being a total creeper is a testament to his success: “That’s also a testimony to my success, though, the fact that I’m a target for baseless lawsuits … All the lawsuits that have been levied against me are baseless … I’m not going to sit here and go through thousands of pages or something, but the allegations that I acted improperly at any time are completely a fiction.” (The Cut)

Vogue Netherlands just launched, and now there are rumors that Condé Nast might add a Thai iteration of the Fashion Bible. A Thai newspaper says that ELLE Thailand Editor-in-Chief, Kullawit Laosuksri, is in talks with Condé Nast to start working on the project. Vogue Thailand sounds like an amazing idea, but when oh when will we get Vogue Africa? (TFS)

• New York City has released The Fashion NYC 2020 report, a summary of how the fashion industry has been doing so far from a fiscal and business standpoint. According to the report, fast fashion has seen tremendous growth (a surprise to no one), and  New York City is still America’s fashion capital. NYC Mayor-for-Life Mike Bloomberg plans to use the 27-page report to strategize a way to keep NYC’s status as the top location to build a career in fashion. (WWD)
~Jihan

16 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Kanye West to Make Cameo on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Raf Simons Talks Plans for Dior, and NYC Releases Fashion Report”

1. Alyssa says:

“NYC Mayor for life” is right. lol

2. Blue Ivy's Carrier says:

I’m tired of these 2 already! Kanye wont be satisfied until he is ODOMed!

When will these Ninjas learn!

3. Sarah says:

Kim and Ye…. To be honest I think Kanye sort of lost his mind ever since his mom died. Too bad i think he can do so much better than getting mixed up with this crazy girl I wish he would go back to the girl before Amber…the one that was their from the get go.

4. whatevs says:

If Kim can make Kanye’s career take a Ja Rule turn…I’ll be forever indebted to her…go Kardashians!!!…

5. Amani says:

I can’t think of two more deserving people for each other than Kim and Kanye.

Dov Charney totally freaks me out. I’m on the fence about shopping at AA.

6. J_Cutie says:

Are they really together?!? O_o

7. taffie says:

Kim and kanye deserve eachother, lyts camera action is wat they both like, and they both like the finer things in life, those $6000 shoes kanye designed that kim wore, perfect for eachother.

8. Kitty B. says:

This wouldnt be his 1st appearance, he made a cameo on season one KKTNY after i told him he better not!!

I hate to admit it (tears in my eyes) but I think Kanye and Kim are great for one another, their both attention whores, love the finer things and both dress their behinds off! Is it me or has Kanye lost his sex appeal

9. Cupcakealicious says:

Kanye is a classic sack chaser and in this case it is obvious what that “sack” is…..

Amazing how attention heaux(s) stay winning

10. Amani says:

@ Kitty B When did Kanye ever have sex appeal? LOL. Look at the picture above and take away the clothes, Kim, and fame…. No thank you!

11. ChiHou says:

I would love to own a Dior gown once in my life!

12. Tam says:

Kanye…that is Career suicide..**Kanye Shrug**

13. clicky_heels says:

I think Kim & Kanye are great together…

@Whatevs – this is why I think so ;)

I know Kanye reads the blogs like a peasant so im hoping he wont get what I mean *LOL*

14. PrettyOdd says:

Haha. Kanye and Kim are together so they dress each other. It’s very hard for me to believe they are really together. Kanye is still a bit suspect to me and I totally agree, the man went insane when his mom died!

15. Tisha says:

I wish the old Kanye come back, the one from College Drop Out!!!!

16. Cici says:

Is that a contraceptive ring in his pocket?