April 11th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping
By Faith

Along with Brandy, Monica was also spotted at Live with Kelly as they performed their new song “It All Belongs To Me” together on the show. Mrs. Brown went bold in a $1,995 Haider Ackermann Tuxedo Jacket, $198 Rag & Bone/JEAN Split Skinny Jeans and $795 Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Platform Pumps:

Her silk open front tuxedo jacket boasts cropped lapels in a jacquard dot pattern.

Her two-tone skinny jeans feature contrast panels, capturing the season’s colorblocking and athletic-inspired trends.

Last, but not least are her suede platform pumps which boast a peep-toe silhouette and 5 1/2″ heels.

Get Monica’s full look here.

Hot! Monica is wearing high-fashion looks with ease and I’m constantly impressed by her choices of unexpected designers.

Her skinnies might look familiar to you because LaLa wore a similar pair by Rag & Bone last month.

It seems that all the ladies can’t get enough of Rag & Bone can they?

What do you think?

21 Responses to “Get the Look: Monica’s Live with Kelly Haider Ackermann Tuxedo Jacket, Rag & Bone/JEAN Split Skinny Jeans and Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Platform Pumps”

1. lolodoll11 says:

Monica needs to switch it up a bit. Her style is so monotonous. Always the same thing – skinnys, platform heels, blazer and a tee / tank top. Sigh!

2. Mimi says:

So true!

I love Monica’s style!!!

4. Lola A. says:

Ok is she or isnt she preg sometimes she looks it sometimes she doesnt if she is congrads :-) ….but this outfit is a no go for me but her makeup and hair looks nice

5. No ma’am! Too much going on and none of them right!

they all seem to love rag&bone. i wanted the denim jacket with the leather sleeve ciara had from their,but its sold out everywhere:(

7. Chox says:

I like each of the pieces but somehow they don’t come together well for me. There are some other pics of her in this and the top actually has a peplum style back. It just doesn’t quite work.

8. Love says:

I think she tends to wear too many layers too often. She needs to switch it up! Especially seeing her with Brandy who has been killin’ it in the style department on pretty much all of her recent appearances. Monica can do better.

9. TRUTH Teller says:

LALA ROCK IT BETTER, I AGREE MONICA NEED TO SWITCH IT UP ALL THESE SHOULD PADS JACKETS N BLAZER GETTING BORING

10. Diggs says:

Love that blazer and the jeans are adorable….but I don’t like the look together. Maybe if the top underneath the blazer would have been different? Either way she’s too cute, but I don’t love the look….did I say that I do LOVE the blazer?

11. mesa says:

I tweeted about these jeans when I was watching them on tv!! I need a look for less tho. Lol

12. AmazinRee says:

I love Monica’s style!

13. Serita says:

That blazer is everything! Not sure how it corridinates with everything else though.. But she still looks cute

14. Sometimes it isn’t always about colour coordinating. I love how the blazer gives the correct balance of colour to the monochrome looking outfit. Those jeans are fly!! And in my opinion Monica is rocking them better then LA LA!

15. Ok this look is yukie, don’t think anyone wants this look. Yuk! Although I am obsessing over tuxedo style pants, but the shoe is way wrong.

16. Maryse says:

Monica doesn’t have a long neck, thus making her look like a linebacker when she wears these padded shoulder blazers. To fix this, she should have either worn a more v-neck sweater or less of a padded shoulder.

17. yeahisaidit says:

this look is a mess my girl can do much better!! the pieces are individually nice but together makes her look like a matador :-S

18. Briana says:

I love the color scheme and the pieces, but I would have to agree that do not go well together. Perhaps a different style top? Nonetheless her hair and make-up are flawless!

19. aries says:

Monica should have wore the outfit like the model (shirt inside) cause for some reason, she always looks pregnant. i have to see those pants on someone else, i don’t like the way Lala is wearing them either.

20. M1zzdlady says:

So tired of skinny jeans with monstrous platforms (thanks alot to celebrities like Kim K.). It looks absolutely terrible and doesn’t compliment any woman’s body. Compare Lala and Kelly above, Kelly looks better in her skinny jeans, because she is wearing it with a more delicate shoe. Look at them things on Lala’s feet, eek!

21. shelly says:

@ M1zzdlady

I will agree with you on the fact the Kelly Rowland looks SOOOO much better than Lala in that picture, but I do think that platform heels can work—on the right legs. Lala’s legs are really skinny compared to the rest of her body, so it makes her look awkward. But on someone with thicker/more proportionate legs, I think it can work.

And is it me, or does Monica’s outfits always seem to swallow her up. I love her dearly, but most (if not all) of her looks seem forced.