April 10th, 2012
Andre Leon Talley, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Designer Chado Ralph Rucci will be presented with the André Leon Talley lifetime achievement award at the Savannah College of Art and Design’s annual fashion show.

In addition to the award, Rucci’s work will also be featured in an exhibit at the College’s gallery bearing Talley’s namesake. Previous winners included Diane von Furstenberg, Manolo Blahnik, Tom Ford, and Oscar de la Renta– otherwise known as several of Talley’s friends and colleagues. (WWD)

• Racked talked to legendary model Beverly Johnson about her upcoming hair care line for women of color– a project that was conceived a mere 18 months ago. She plans to release a bath and body line, and already has a skincare range for her brand in the works. She also plans to have a home wares brand. She’s really doing it up! And Ms. Johnson already has the face of her new line in mind: Jessica White. I like her a lot. And Joan Smalls. She has been called a young Beverly Johnson.” Well, that would make sense. Who would you like to see front Johnson’s new line? (Racked)

Phillip Lim now has an e-commerce site, so you don’t have to leave your room if you need another excuse to run up your credit card bill. (The Cut)

• Peep Opening Ceremony‘s Fall 2012 lookbook, which will get you a little too excited for fall. It’s never too early to start planning your wardrobe! (Fashionista)

• Vena Cava fans, rejoice. The label rumored to be folding this year has been saved by LF USA, the same company that owns brands like Ellen TracyRachel Zoe, and Keds Apparel. Designers Lisa Maycock and Sophie Buhai will helm the creative branch of Vena Cava, while the folks at LF will handle the business side of the brand. (The Cut)

~Jihan

9 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Chado Ralph Rucci to Receive André Leon Talley Lifetime Achievement Award, Beverly Johnson to Launch New Haircare Line, and Vena Cava Label Saved from Collapse”

1. I don’t think I’d be interested in a hair care line by Auntie Bev, seeing that she only wears wigs and weaves…

2. Nope says:

After watching Beverly Johnson’s new show, I wouldn’t purchase anything from her or her line. My heart broke throughout that entire episode for her daughter…Beverly came across extremely self centered, selfish and careless. She told her daughter that they were having a photoshoot together for them to ‘connect’ and it turns out, it was a shoot for her wig line! She lied to her! Who does that!?

3. makeeasweet says:

i dont know why people dont seem to like jessica white.i love her facial features and her ads look great.i know her style isnt that great,but she getting a little better.i love chanel iman the most though.

4. katie says:

I wouldn’t purchase anything from Johnson either. From all the talk about her wigs and weaves, they are not worth the money.

5. couturesista says:

Cosign 1, 2 and 4 comments

6. love says:

I’m so glad I’m not the only one whose first thought was why is she coming out with a hair care line she only wears wigs…she better come out with some lace front glue or summin..but than again I dnt think her wigs are that great either

7. Sandra says:

I will not support BJ’s hair care line. If you come out with a hair care line at least wear your own hair. The wig line either will not see a penny from me. Her hair does not look nice to me.

So happyfor the girls at Vena Cava. I am already excited about it.
    Jihan, maybe because I am French but I thought that it is how you spell receive and not recieve.

8. Jihan says:

@Sanda, you’re right. I always have trouble with that one “i before e except after c” doesn’t always apply as they say it should, but it does here, thanks!

9. yusufswifee says:

Ms Johnson should clearly be doing a skin/beauty care line….homegirl is flawless…