April 10th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Fashion, Shopping, Spring Wardrobe, Wedding
Spring 2012 Shopping: 100+ Dresses to Wear to Summer Weddings
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Wedding season may not officially start until June, but that doesn’t mean it’s too early to start thinking about what to wear! We’ve been inundated with requests for wedding dress posts, and since we think you guys are great, we wouldn’t leave you hanging.

This summer, I have exactly three weddings to attend in three different states. So, that means, three different outfits! Keeping with the trend of the number three, here are three silhouettes you can go for this season:

Classic & Tailored

Who doesn’t look good in a well-tailored frock? No one. If you want to look stylish and timeless (as opposed to trendy), stick with well-cut dresses in classic silhouettes. Add visual interest by adding fun accessories like a fascinator hat (so the wave right now) or statement necklace. Give your look a little edge by looking for dresses with cutouts or unusual necklines.

Get the look with these dresses:

Long & Flowy

Tailored dresses will always be cute, but if you’re going for a more bohemian look, a long, flowy dress is perfect. It exudes effortless style, and most importantly– comfort. Look for bright colors and/or eye-catching patterns. The best part about this silhouette? You can eat as much as you want without looking bloated.

Eat a full, delicious meal in these fab frocks:

Ultrafeminine

Let’s be real– when you’re a single lady at a wedding, you’re scoping out the single male attendees. Something about the exchanging of vows makes you long for some male company (is that just me?). And while there are plenty of guys who dig the tomboy vibe, at a wedding, you want to go girly. Frills, peplums, prints– do it up!

Get your flirt on in these dresses:

Are you guys going to any weddings this summer? Any idea what you’ll be wearing?

~Jihan

16 Responses to “Spring 2012 Shopping: 100+ Dresses to Wear to Summer Weddings”

1. ChooseyLover says:

Love Lala and Gabrielle dress. But Lala own more.

2. Dobe says:

Sass & Bide makes such beautiful, fun dresses (weddings aside)… but their prices aren’t that fun! lol

3. Thanks for your ideas

4. dyshaun says:

Serena looked great on HSN yesterday!!

5. Lea says:

Serena looks like a gladiator in a dress…O_o

6. Sharon says:

Love love Lala’s dress.

7. shoewhore78 says:

@Lea, in every dress she wears. I feel bad talking about her because she has done so much for Blacks in Sports. However, her body is way to masculine. She looks way too husky in her clothing.

8. Dom says:

Love that Anthro dress. Some of these look a bit too skimpy to be worn to a wedding though.

9. dani says:

Serena looks stunning with that hair style!

10. yusufswifee says:

These dresses are everything. I’m way too old to know anyone who is getting married anymore so I’ll just have to wear to something else.

and nothing is wrong with Serena’s body – she just needs a good stylist…badly.

11. Mila says:

Serena insists on showing her guns… I would too if they brought me alla this money and this life! Hell, I’d be proud of alll my masculine glory! I’d be like ”if you don’t like it, kiss my muscular rectum U_U”

Be proud of who you are!

12. I love Nicole’s dress. I want to snatch that piece of cloth off of Selita, I still can’t believe she wore that dress.

13. Alloftheheights says:

Serena looks beautiful.

She is muscular and since she’s not about to change that why should she cover herself up. I love that she is not afraid to hide her body despite all of the people who says her body is too masculine.
    That body has done her well!

14. krystel says:

Gosh i love that yellow dress!

15. Yvette617 says:

I love the dress choices. And yes, Claire, weddings have the same effect on me too!

16. Chels says:

Thanks for this! I have a wedding coming up and needed a lil inspiration.